Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Cant wait for this afternoon. I want to see AJ start, hes very fun to watch and hes going to start scoring some goals. I wasnt sure about he and Dempsey up front together because they are so similar, but maybe thats why it will work. Last game when they were up there together they looked really good, good chemistry. Making runs off each other, flicks to each other, could work well.

Also want to see Mix start as well, I feel like he is a player that should play in pretty much every game. He and Bradley in the middle together is a good combo, I would even like to see Mix up front and Bradley back where he played before.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I was there with my three oldest. First time any of us had seen the USMNT, and really enjoyed the spirit of the crowd (what there was of it - I'd say it was 40% full?).  Even the Jamaican and Haitian fans coming in early for the second game were friendly.  Definitely lots of families there.  Great to see the US in a runaway victory like that.  

What was up with the ticket supply?  When we tried to get tickets online through the official supplier, Ticketmaster, this past Thursday, it showed most of the sections sold out or only with singles available.  I was OK with being in the upper deck, but even there, there was nothing showing online around midfield, and we ended up buying tickets down near the goal.  I was stunned when I got to M&T and saw so many empty seats in the upper deck in all sections, seats which were listed as unavailable online.  The upper deck was maybe 1/3 full?  Strange that online, it appeared to be a near-sellout, but at the actual game, it was nowhere close.  Did people just not show up or was Ticketmaster just blocking off rows of seats to make demand appear to be greater than it was?  

US v Jamaica tonight at 7 on FoxSports1.

Jamaica has looked pretty good this Gold Cup.  And are always fast as hell.

Not sure what the lineup will be.  But my hope-

Guzan

Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson

Yedlin, Mix, Bradley, Zardes

Dempsey, Aron

I know that wont be it.  Im sure Beckerman will start.

• Like 1

US v Jamaica tonight at 7 on FoxSports1.

Jamaica has looked pretty good this Gold Cup.  And are always fast as hell.

Not sure what the lineup will be.  But my hope-

Guzan

Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson

Yedlin, Mix, Bradley, Zardes

Dempsey, Aron

I know that wont be it.  Im sure Beckerman will start.

Yedlin won't get the start. Jurgen loves to bring in as a sub. Bedoya will get the start there if he is still healthy. Would love to see mix get some play as well, but like you said, beckerman will probably play.

Jamaica hasn't allowed a goal in their last three games. Definitely a tougher test than Cuba. Gonna be interesting how our average offense moves forward.