Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

So i was talking with my brother about this, and i think it rings true. After all these years, the national team has finally added players with great vision, speed, and cut awareness. Before, it was just athleticism and speed. But they still dont have great first touches. First touches are what separates the great from the elite.

We looked fine before the big center forward was brought in... maybe tired but we were getting chances.

It's hilarious that everytime Jurgen puts a target forward out there he insists on the long ball forward and tries to get a lucky bounce.

Whether it's Jozy... or this Gordon guy...

****, I'm positive the only reason we advanced in the World Cup was because Jozy got hurt and we were forced to play to our strength...

What a ****ing joke for Klinsmann.  Very dissappointed.

Bad soccer by the US and they're passing up front is awful.

Also, is Bradley really the best option we have? He's off target 5 games for every one that he's on. I've hated watching him for years now.

soccer-jersey-number-position.jpg

Bradley is a "6" but Klinsmann has been playing him at the "10" spot.  He's TERRIBLE as a 10 cause he doesn't think fast enough nor does he have the touch or vision.  Bradley is OK as a 6.  He might be the best we have right now, but we have some talent in the wings.

Alejandro Bedoya is a 10... Klinsmann has been playing him out wide at the 11 spot.  He's a natural and legit 10. 

Jurgen started a joke of a lineup. No way Yedlin should only gets 10 minutes. No reason Gordon should have seen the field. Zusi getting no run. No way Diskerood should see time over him. His delivery is perfect with out front line. And Guzan was a joke tonight, even conceding the linesman was in no position to make the call.

• Like 1

So i was talking with my brother about this, and i think it rings true. After all these years, the national team has finally added players with great vision, speed, and cut awareness. Before, it was just athleticism and speed. But they still dont have great first touches. First touches are what separates the great from the elite.

I think this game was an outliner. Bradley is generally our most skilled player, and even he was missing passes, couldn't settle the ball, etc. I have no clue what it was, maybe it was the surface ( the field was sod laid on top of plywood, wtf???), but there is no excuse.

The first thirty minutes of the game was a lot better, but it was like right when the first goal went in, we went into full panic mode. Inexcusable loss for klinnsmann.

Nah, Bradley has always been mediocre with his first touch. He has pretty good vision. Plays great through balls, and sets up everyone quite well. But his first touch is always bad, and it takes a few seconds for him to move the ball. I would say more, but i am not entirely sure anyone on the national team is all that great with their first touches.

soccer-jersey-number-position.jpg

Bradley is a "6" but Klinsmann has been playing him at the "10" spot. He's TERRIBLE as a 10 cause he doesn't think fast enough nor does he have the touch or vision. Bradley is OK as a 6. He might be the best we have right now, but we have some talent in the wings.

Alejandro Bedoya is a 10... Klinsmann has been playing him out wide at the 11 spot. He's a natural and legit 10.

I think Bradley is an 8. Your boy Bedoya has been hot garbage all tournament. Mix should be the 10, but Dempsey is playing there.

Nah, Bradley has always been mediocre with his first touch. He has pretty good vision. Plays great through balls, and sets up everyone quite well. But his first touch is always bad, and it takes a few seconds for him to move the ball. I would say more, but i am not entirely sure anyone on the national team is all that great with their first touches.

I have come around on Bradley. I think he has improved his game over the last few years. I will agree the his first touch and overall possession were awful tonight.

Edited by jobaga

I think this game was an outliner. Bradley is generally our most skilled player, and even he was missing passes, couldn't settle the ball, etc. I have no clue what it was, maybe it was the surface ( the field was sod laid on top of plywood, wtf???), but there is no excuse.

The first thirty minutes of the game was a lot better, but it was like right when the first goal went in, we went into full panic mode. Inexcusable loss for klinnsmann.

Huge misconception... abut this is not even close to true.  Bradley is a good player... he's nowhere near our most skilled player and has never been our best player.

You could argue he's one of the most experienced players... that's about it.

I think Bradley is an 8. Your boy Bedoya has been hot garbage all tournament. Mix should be the 10, but Dempsey is playing there.

I have come around on Bradley. I think he has improved his game over the last few years. I will agree the his first touch and overall possession were awful tonight.

Yeah?

My boy Coutinho was hot garbage when BR was playing him on the wing, too.  Slid him back to the 10/ false 9 and we just won CAM of the year in the PL didn't we?

Mix is awful.

Bradley could play 8 or 6.  Not sure he's good enough in defense to play CDM... plus he actually pulls the string on a nice ball into the box if its there.  He just can't think quick on the break and he doesn't have the touch.  Been saying that since before the world cup.

Edited by DC9

Yeah?

My boy Coutinho was hot garbage when BR was playing him on the wing, too.  Slid him back to the 10/ false 9 and we just won CAM of the year in the PL didn't we?

Mix is awful.

First, OUR boy Coutinho.

Second, You can compare Bedoya to Coutinho. While I get the point you are trying to make, Bedoya does not have the touch, skill, vision or dribbling abilities that Coutinho has. Bedoya makes bad passes and his first touch is questionable...I reject your comparison.

Third, agree to said agree about Mix

Bedoya is coming off injury, and is still trying to regain form. Which is why he didn't play early in the tournament.

Fair enough...he still has been awful all tournament. If he's not 100%, he should be coming off the bench.