Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

It was about 60 40 Peru, especially up in the 500's. So many Peru people yelling and banging drums and hanging banners. There were Peruvian banners everywhere. 

You could feel the stands shake and especially in the American Outlaws section you could SEE the stands shake. It was awesome. Unfortunately I missed most of the second half (after the Jozy PK) because RFK has virtually no water fountains and you have to wait in line forever for concessions. They barely opened anything up on the 500's and so many vendors are closed. 

Can't wait for that new stadium to pop up , RFK is old and ancient :( 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2015/09/04/soccer-in-dmv-on-labor-day-weekend/?postshare=9001441378131510

The U.S. men’s national team’s visit to RFK Stadium is hardly the exclusive soccer event in the Washington area this holiday weekend. Aside from USA vs. Peru on Friday night, several other matches of note on a variety of levels are on the calendar. And they do not include D.C. United, which is off this weekend.

Washington Spirit vs. Seattle Reign

Where: Maryland SoccerPlex in Boyds.

When: Saturday at 7 p.m.

Peru isn't that bad. 

But damn everyone was PISSED last night because the ref wouldn't ****ing call fouls, it was ridiculous. But yes the place did shake like the olden days and it was so packed. 

You ride the Orange line in, the Metro is elevated...and it dives right into the parking lot, under the stadium. So you get a great shot of RFK. Listen, RFK is a legendary place, but let's not deny ourselves it is very old and my seat was half broken and leaning down. 

Edited by ixcuincle

It was about 60 40 Peru, especially up in the 500's. So many Peru people yelling and banging drums and hanging banners. There were Peruvian banners everywhere.

You could feel the stands shake and especially in the American Outlaws section you could SEE the stands shake. It was awesome. Unfortunately I missed most of the second half (after the Jozy PK) because RFK has virtually no water fountains and you have to wait in line forever for concessions. They barely opened anything up on the 500's and so many vendors are closed.

Can't wait for that new stadium to pop up , RFK is old and ancient :(

Finally got to visit RFK for the first time today. Friends had an extra ticket on the American outlaws section. I was two rows up from the field in 135, what a view. Was my first soccer game so I had to learn all of the chants and such real quick. Was under the American flag whenever we put it up, and had plenty o beer thrown into the air around me.

Altidore sucked all game save for the two fortuitous goals. That will beef up his stats but he looked terrible 90% of the time. Thought Jermaine Jones played well, and holy hell, deandre yedlin is fast!

The best thing is the atmosphere at the game, my section was packed and everyone was just yelling (I keep saying this but it's different at a soccer game, people brought in drums and airhorns and were chanting ALL GAME. ALL GAME.) There was an entire Peru cheering section in front of us, the way it seemed like the entire 500's just broke out in song during the Peru Anthem, it was amazing to see. 

The tailgate, the actual game, the anthems...everything was just so awesome. Except concessions. 

• Like 1

US v Brazil tonight.  8 oclock ESPN2

A few changes to the roster.  Howard and Jordan Morris called in.  I don't think JK would call them in just to sit the bench.  Morris especially because they took him away from the U23s camp gearing up for Olympic qualifying.

Spector also called in for the first time in over a year.

Brazil likely to play a bunch of younger players.  Although Neymar is with the team.