Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

So for tonight, here are the scenarios

If TnT beats or ties Mexico, they win the group and will play Panama in the quarters

If Mexico wins, they win the group and play Panama

The second place team plays Costa Rica.

There is a scenario in which Cuba or Guatemala can win that game and make up 8 goal differential and finish second, but it's unlikely.

The only other issue is the Cuba/Guat game.  If there is a winner in that game, the US will play that team in the quarters.  If there is a tie in that game, the US will play El Salvador in the quarters.

Gold Cup related, TnT definitely deserved at least a draw. Classless Mexican fans throwing bottles at the kick taker, was so glorious when they scored on it to tie it up. Karma ****es. I hope the Mexican players are at least embarrassed by how their fans act.

I hate the fans of Mexico! You know you are a awful group when throwing bottles not containing your urine is considered a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

I get the feeling that most of the current Mex Natl players hate their fans, or at least the percentage that still act like 3rd world craphole douchebags.  The players today don't act like the ones who played for El Tri in the 90s and early 00s.  Guys like Hernandez, Blanco, Suarez, Borgetti were all dirtbags like their fans.

Players today like Memo, Guardado, Gio, are all classy players.  Tough to root against with the same venom.  Until of course the urine bags start raining down.

Watching that goal was pure karma.

• Like 2

My seats are the thirty dollar ones in the 300s. Looking forward to the game. Where you parking?

I thinking about taking the light rail up. I know a guy who knows a guy which resulted in a great deal. I'm normally in the $30 seat as well. Are you tailgating?

Fair assesments.  I disagree about Mix.  He wasn't great in the one game, but that's on JK for experimenting.

I want to see him in a creative role.

I think Mix has the potential to be our most creative player

I think Mix has the potential to be our most creative player

Agreed.

I actually think we have the players to run a bunch of different formations now.  I'd love to eventually see a 3 man back line with Brooks, Gonzales and (Besler, Alvarado, even Cameron.  With 5 midfield of Yedlin, Bradley, Mix, Bedoya and Fabian.  With Dempsey and Aron up top.  I really think we can pull that off.

Front page of espnfc has Dempsey on it, talking about how he's 32. We're going into the next WC probably with only Bradley as our established "star".

The past few WCs, we had guys like Agoos/Harkes, Landon and Co., Landon/Dempsey.

But I think that's a little by design. Before Klinsi, we thought we'd identified everyone that could play in this country. Now the pool is something like 2 squads deep. People will disagree with me, but I think that opens us up for the opportunity of selecting whoever is peaking at the time of qualifying and at the time of the WC. 

In ten years we have two kids at the club I coach that's as close to, at the moment,  putting someone in the national pool. One's 15 and he's already gone to trial at West Ham, Wolverhampton scout saw him doing a trial this summer, and this past year a German Bundesliga coach expressed interest and wanted him to come to their academy. The other one is 11, the one I coach directly, and been asked to do the trial at Wolves too. :D

• Like 1