Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need To Be Commended

btfoom

You got to hand it to the hippy though, not many people would burn a confederate flag, in front of a heavily armed pro-confederate flag protest group. Not sure if it's admirable or dumb, probably both, but he did it and he can tell that story at bars for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

Really is amazing how the opinions change when you support an issue. Conservative in AZ hosts an event to celebrate the drawing of Mohammed and he should be partially held responsible for any action. Counter-protester burns a flag in front of protesters waving it at them and shouting, and it's admirable.

Both are protected acts.

• Like 3

Spare us your sanctimonious bull****. There is a thread where anyone posting anything that could be taken as defense of a cop they get shouted down and dismissed. And you post this here?

quote-with-like-minded-people-one-cannot

EDIT: I also notice you didn't respond to anything in my post.

In case you didn't notice, my post was a response to a direct request from the OP NOT to make such comments in the thread...

Again, you have literally hundred's of threads to post this crap.  Please take it somewhere else.

I was trying to respect his wishes. I expressed my displeasure about it, but the bottom line is, it's his thread and I'll respect that. So if you want to have further discussions about it, I'm happy to take it up in the other much longer (for obvious reasons) Cops who need to be fired thread.

So if you want to have further discussions about it, I'm happy to take it up in the other much longer (for obvious reasons) Cops who need to be fired thread.

Let's see - this thread has 15 examples within 2 pages, yet the other thread (for obvious reasons) has 17 pages and probably less cases, not to mention the 2 months longer that it's been up.  I could go through story after story of good cops and link them in here and may just to spite.  Good luck doing the same for yours :)

• Like 2

For Game and Sisko, as I said in the other thread, this is a free country, please, feel free not to call 911 if you are ever in trouble.

And, reference New York and Baltimore, feel free to stroll the neighborhoods of those cities, together if you want, and talk to the kind and gentle people that live there.  And, don't call 911 if you get yourself in trouble.  Would not want bad cops showing up.

• Like 1

For Game and Sisko, as I said in the other thread, this is a free country, please, feel free not to call 911 if you are ever in trouble.

And, reference New York and Baltimore, feel free to stroll the neighborhoods of those cities, together if you want, and talk to the kind and gentle people that live there.  And, don't call 911 if you get yourself in trouble.  Would not want bad cops showing up.

Interesting way to approach a disagreement. Hmm.

Well, I will call 911 when the need is there. 1) because 911 is more than just the police, it's also paramedics and fire dept., and 2) I'm not against police doing their job....I just want them to do their job CORRECTLY. The notion that I shouldn't call 911 because I don't like having my rights violated is just stupid. 

Furthermore, I used to go to Towson. I was involved in a school sponsored group that went to inner city Baltimore and mentored kids between the ages of 13-17 years old. We would even take them out of the city on field trips to show them things they didn't have the opportunity to see yet, but for the most part we would spend time with them and try to impart to them there was a better way to put food on the table and take care of your family then being on the block. You see, I hadn't crossed them all out as lost causes and being afraid to travel into those areas, because I'm not prejudice. Seriously, you should try it. Step out of your comfort zone and maybe you'll learn those people are human too. 

• Like 2

Well, I will call 911 when the need is there.

Seriously, you should try it. Step out of your comfort zone and maybe you'll learn those people are human too. 

To be specific, I said you have the right to call or not to call 911.  EMS is needed after the incident to pick up what is left as they don't come until the rough stuff is over.  Cops are needed to hopefully eliminate the need for EMS.  I just didn't want the possibility that your rights could be violated.

And, reference your human comment, those cops, that you claim violate your rights, could also be human as well.

Lots of good people in bad neighborhoods, have met a bunch of them over the years.  I just wish there were more of them.

• Like 1

Video of one cop telling off another cop who is trying to conduct an illegal detention and search of some people.  This cop deserves to be commended; he might only be doing his job, but being willing to stand up to others who aren't is too rare.

https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpt1/v/t43.1792-2/11276111_635982886538539_1888675187_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=205&oh=ff6b7b82abc23702a487a65db66d50bb&oe=55C19731

• Like 4

They are mostly in those communities, not just a bunch.  

I don't understand your comment.  Good people all over the place.  Rich communities, poor communities and even middle class neighborhoods.  People making a difference all over the place.

And, I am fortunate to live in a high population military area.  Lots of good people in the service as well.  Had dinner with a marine general just the other day.  Heck of a person, and clearly made a difference during his decades of service around the world.  Fascinating to hear all his stories.

• Like 1

Plus the bar in this thread is "cops that correctly did what they were paid to do."

Again, I'm not sure how your reading comprehension classes went, but I'm guessing you weren't paying attention then either.

This thread doesn't say "How about those police officers who did their job", it says "Some more cops who need to be commended".  Big difference.  Not just being nice during a traffic stop, arresting guys who beat their wives, or stopping shop-lifting.  It is about police officers who go above and beyond.

Like this guy (video):  http://video.foxnews.com/v/4397920156001/cop-saves-man-from-oncoming-train-with-just-seconds-to-spare/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

story:  A video captured by witness Karin Lizana shows California officers Lance Whitted and Erik Rueppel pulling a car crash victim, who was stuck on the train tracks, to safety seconds before the train destroyed everything in its path, according to the NY Daily News.

Just before 6:40 p.m. on Monday, two police officers heard a car crash at the intersection in Sunnyvale as they were travelling on South Mary Avenue. Without hesitation, they ran to the scene where they discovered a man inside of a black vehicle that was trapped on the train tracks.

With no time to waste as the Caltrain No. 385 was only seconds from plowing into the vehicle, one of the officers quickly pulled the unidentified man, who appeared to be in his 20s, out of the vehicle.

The video footage shows the car crash victim attempting to stand after falling out of the vehicle when he was pulled out, but he was unable to do so. The officer then begins to drag him. Seconds later, the train is seen hitting the vehicle in its path at full speed.

The vehicle was struck again by another train, No. 287, moments after being hit by the Caltrain, according to NBC Bay Area. However, no one was injured during the incident

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2309306/watch-as-heroic-officers-pull-car-crash-victim-who-was-stuck-on-train-tracks-to-safety-seconds-before-train-destroys-everything-in-its-path/#Hm75CjcxfoCxipyU.99

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

I wrote this, wasn't gonna post it, but then while reviewing the "cops who need to be fired" thread I saw mention of "someone" who always shows up in religious thread, so that helped chang my mind.

I get the negative reaction to those who came into the thread and went the "criticize cops" route.

It was my reaction, too.

And I had the impulse to post accordingly on that reaction and support this thread title's premise and redirect cop-criticizing back to the other thread.

That has been a somewhat standard process if posters seem to be gratuitously going against a thread's titled purpose---but not always.

Now one reason I didn't make a mod post is there already is a mod in this thread, and my MO is if they're ok with it (whatever's going on), good enough. But that wasn't the only reason I didn't post my first thoughts after consideration.

There's good reason why some teach the value of  "considered response" vs "reaction", especially when you have the luxury of time to reply like we all do here.

So how many people reacting here like I did are in the "cops who need to be fired" thread posting defenses of cops? How many here doing so were upset they got "shouted down" in the other thread when they defended cops? Who among such folks thinks that should be their pass to "shout down" others here? How many being cop-critical here object to being "shouted down" in this thread, yet were happy to "shout down" cop-defending folks in the other?

How long does it take you to smell your own ****? I wish it took me longer to smell mine.  :lol:

I see various shades of this all the time---conservative posters only report or complain about liberals, and vice versa, ignoring the same (or even worse) behaviors in their "own."

Similarly, our one formerly "really active" atheist (we have a handful, but only alexy was really that active on the matter until recent months) will draw all kinds of static from many resident Christians for "bringing his atheism" into various threads, even though investigation showed it was almost exclusively ones that have some kind of religious argument going on, or some kind of religious comments or references had been made to open the door (but why quibble). The main point is they, of course, are more than fine with Zguy or anyone else who wants to drop Bible passages or "believer stuff" (90+ % of the time here, Christian) into every topic that so moves them.

Interestingly enough (a bit surprising to me), I NEVER hear from any atheist/agnostic/Muslim etc members complaining about that stuff. But I am further digressing now and that's far enough into OT from me.

I like the thread (both threads). Hope they both survive us all.  :D

• Like 2