Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Byron Maxwell guarantees Eagles make Super Bowl 50

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494675/article/byron-maxwell-guarantees-eagles-make-super-bowl-50

"It's pretty much the same culture as in Seattle, I'm telling you," the new Eagles cornerback told The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas. "We had guys that made smoothies in Seattle, too. All that music during practice. It really is the same."

[...]"Because I've been there before," he said. "Knowing what it's like if we go that far. Because we're gonna go that far this year, meaning the playoffs and the Super Bowl. We're gonna go that far. Hopefully that experience I already had, I can help them."

Maxwell didn't back off the fact that his statements sounded like a Super Bowl guarantee.

"You can take that as a guarantee," he told Vrentas. "That's just me believing in my team and the product we're going to put out there on the field. I really do believe that. I have no choice but to think that way."

Put another mark in the "Player X guarantees Super Bowl trip in May" offseason clichés column. Then again, what's he supposed to say?

The secret keys to the Seahawks success have finally been revealed, smoothies and music!  I can clearly see now why the Eagles are destined for the superbowl.  Who needs your top offensive threats when you have pinapples and mangos mixed with yogurt, and Barry White?

Dream Team Part Deaux?

That's the first thing I thought of.  I love it when players make statements like these prior to actually putting on pads, especially when they play for a team I despise.  It hardly ever works well for the player or the team. :)

Ill be honest. Guaranteeing a SB win right before you play it, I have no problem with. I mean hell, you're already there, why not feel confident?

But guaranteeing a trip to the big game before you even put on pads? Not to mention several other teams (Dallas, Seattle, Arizona, Green Bay. Detroit) that would like to have a word with you.

Please go sit down,somewhere.

• 6 months later...

Maxwell guaranteeing a Super Bowl.

Kendricks saying the Redskins got something coming to them.

Cox guaranteeing a victory over Washington.

The only guarantee worth anything coming from Philadelphia is that they can't back up any of their big talk. :)

Archived