Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I have a client with a total loss in Mexico Beach.  IE- The house is completely gone.  Nothing left at all.  Just sand where it once was.  Crazy.  I'll post pics if I get permission.

Beach life is fun still the storm surge hits

I can’t decide if I want a beach house or not. 

I mean we want one, we definitely do, but the cost and rental pain is a lot to deal with. Potential hurricane makes it really hard :(

i feel bad for them but I also recognize it’s sort of what you sign up for 

• 2 weeks later...

Super Typhoon Yutu, the strongest storm of the year, just hit US territories

Super Typhoon Yutu, an absolute monster of a storm — the strongest on Earth this year — just hit American territories in the Pacific, and forecasters are predicting catastrophic damage.

As it approached the US island territories of Saipan, Tinian, and Rota in the Northern Mariana Islands near Guam Thursday (local time, Wednesday for mainland United States), the typhoon was carrying 180 mph winds. Together, these islands have around 50,000 residents.

Screen_Shot_2018_10_24_at_12.59.53_PM.0.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Super Typhoon Yutu leaves "a lot of damage and destruction" in U.S. Northern Mariana Islands

HONOLULU -- Residents of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands were bracing for months without electricity or running water in the aftermath of the strongest storm to hit any part of the U.S. this year. Super Typhoon Yutu crossed over the U.S. territory early Thursday local time.

Gregorio Kilili Camacho Sablan, the commonwealth's delegate to U.S. Congress, said the territory will need significant help to recover from the storm, which he said injured several people.

In a telephone interview with The Associated Press from Saipan, Sablan said he has heard reports of injuries and that people are waiting at the island's hospital to be treated. He could not provide further details or official estimates of casualties.

"There's a lot of damage and destruction," Sablan said. "It's like a small war just passed through."

noaa-20-supertyphoonyutu.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...