Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Seems like it’s strengthening which is remarkable.  Also, it’s strange that a storm of this size hasn’t had eyewall  reconstruction.  I think the belief is that if the eyewall  doesn’t rebuild then the storm remains more compact but if it does then the storm will expand.  Most expect an eyewall reconstruction though.

Edited by Springfield

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Seems like it’s strengthening which is remarkable.  Also, it’s strange that a storm of this size hasn’t had eyeball reconstruction.  I think the belief is that if the eyeball doesn’t rebuild then the storm remains more compact but if it does then the storm will expand.  Most expect an eyeball reconstruction though.

Auro Correct strikes again.  :) 

Edited by Larry

Added:  it’s truly amazing that 3-5 days ago the models showed a Cat 3 storm at the worst.  Here we are with a cat 5 that’s strenghtening

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Auro Correct strikes again.  :) 

3 times that ducking thing!

Edited by Springfield
  • Sad 1

Needing that storm to take a hard right turn is what worries me, if they are off just a bit and that thing decides to run across the state it will hit some highly populated areas through Orlando and then Tampa (that's me).

It never fails, every year we get the first bad hurricane right at the start of the NFL season.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I’m in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton to be exact. Im staying put for anyone that needs assistance. Please reach out via DM. I’m happy to help anyone that I am able to. Just finished getting the whole neighborhood ready. Hit me up, seriously, if I can help any one of you through the storm or after. 

Happy to help. Stay safe friends: HAIL!

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, China said:

So do we need another Shepherd Smith report to tell us that if it hits that you and everyone you know will be dead? You can't survive it.  It's not possible.  And your kids will die too.

And we don't need another one of these either

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Did Bahamas really suffer a direct hit from that Cat 5, at 185 mph ?

I'm no architectural engineer, but if that's the case, how do they even exist anymore ?

EDIT : I just read they did not even suffer a single fatality, that they know of. No pun intended, but I'm seriously blown away by that.

Add to that, the gusts were 220 mph

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Singer Island has been spared!

Hang in there beautiful Bahamas, I’ll be down this winter tipping heavily for the cause.

Are you going to be sleeping in a tent on the beach, because I don't think much else will be left.