Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

You see it all over the place- White people cannot comment on it and say that both the cop are wrong and should be jailed/death row and the rioting and looting are wrong without being told They have no room to comment because they haven’t experienced what the black community has.

theres really nothing to spit out.

No **** that looting shouldn't happen, but what's realistically expected when inaction happens over and over again in these situations? Tensions are bound to boil over. Sure they've arrested the main scum, but there are 3 other's who participated in the act that led up to all of this still walking around free.

A line has to be drawn, staying silent resolves nothing. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

You see it all over the place- White people cannot comment on it and say that both the cop are wrong and should be jailed/death row and the rioting and looting are wrong without being told They have no room to comment because they haven’t experienced what the black community has.

Ain’t nobody said that **** here. I get the pent up feeling but people are more often rightfully pushing back against people with uninformed opinions who oversimplify what is going on and often do so while ignoring the constant pain that is causing this **** in the first place. 

There is a difference between having your opinion shut down because of your skin color versus because one is saying some off brand ass ****. Which again no one here is doing to you from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably depends on the response of the white person, but yeah, pretty much.

I'm not black, nor am I offended that the fact that my knowledge in speaking on issues that affect black people, strongly pales in comparison to the knowledge of, you know, actual black people

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

This is obviously nonsense, because people have been saying this in here for days....

Now out on twitter is another thing entirely....

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

You see it all over the place- White people cannot comment on it and say that both the cop are wrong and should be jailed/death row and the rioting and looting are wrong without being told They have no room to comment because they haven’t experienced what the black community has.  And yes, I’ve seen it spread in numerous threads and places that your essentially a closet racist if you don’t agree with everything going on 100% because “we’re the problem” 

And on the flipside black people can't protest in peace without being labeled unpatriotic or disrespecting the flag or whatever other nonsense the ultra-patriotic crowd like to drum up to trivialize and avoid the issue of police brutality and the  "blue wall of silence". Kneeling silently doesn't sound so bad right about now,  does it?

• Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

No **** that looting shouldn't happen, but

And you were doing so well, there.  :) 

(Yes, there's some validity behind your post, there.  Even expressed some of it, myself.  But I'm also trying to keep the discussion more civil and less "pick one side" in here.  So, a little semi-humorous snark.)  

• Like 1

Just got back from a protest down the street from where I live in LA. There were probably around 500 people there at its peak. 

It was peaceful overall. A lot of powerful moments, like people kneeling with their fists raised in a moment of silence for over 5 minutes. When the cops showed up, we tried to get them to kneel with us.

Spoiler alert: they didn’t. 

• Thanks 1

Every police officer on duty last night had to know their actions would be under intense scrutiny.

And yet, the number of gratuitously violent acts in the name of law enforcement, against protesters and members of the media, much of it documented on camera, was shocking. 

Which is worse... that there were that many individual officers out of control, even knowing the whole world was watching?  Or that officers knew they would have the backing of leadership as they perpetrated those acts of violence?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

My god.  Now this is the type of **** that makes me so angry.  What exactly was going through her head?  A white woman...does she feel oppressed or discriminated against?  There were four police officers in that car.  Luckily she used toilet paper instead of a rag, so the Molotov ****tail did not explode.  Thank god they caught her, now she is facing federal charges.

Just now, AJ* said:

And on the flipside black people can't protest in peace without being labeled unpatriotic or disrespecting the flag or whatever other nonsense the ultra-patriotic crowd like to drum up to trivialize and avoid the issue of police brutality and the  "blue wall of silence". Kneeling silently doesn't sound so bad right about now,  does it?

Why label protests with race when it’s all races protesting.  From what I’ve read and seen, no one Is against the protests themselves, it’s the full on distraction that is going on that folks are against but jumped on because they disagree with that

Just now, steve09ru said:

And yes I’m talking about social media as a whole and not necessarily people posting here but there are things shared here from various twitter accounts that are per the top and point to exactly what I was saying 

Everyone's frustrated.  A lot of people are angry and lashing out and expressing their emotions in ways that may or may not be helpful.  It's good to see what people are saying, how they're feeling, even if we don't agree.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

And on the flipside black people can't protest in peace

I'm pretty sure that millions of black people protested in peace, just today.  In maybe a couple dozen cities.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Everyone's frustrated.  A lot of people are angry and lashing out and expressing their emotions in ways that may or may not be helpful.  It's good to see what people are saying, how they're feeling, even if we don't agree.  

And that’s fine but don’t tell me, or others, (not you specifically) that were racists or can’t comment on anything going on when it’s directly affecting our cities and the lives of everyone if we don’t agree 100% with what’s going on

• Confused 1

Careful- you’ll be labeled a racist and have no room to have an opinion on any part of the things going on.

I dare say Richmond is actually one of the more enlightened cities.  Like for some reason people think the city is still living in Civil War era.  Not even close.  Most of the couples here are interracial and out of that amount most are white/black.  Honestly,  I saw much more racism issues growing up in NoVA than Richmond.  I was shocked when I moved to Richmond.  In NoVA I had only a few black friends growing up because many of the blacks on my bus and school hated white people.  I ended up nearly jumped countless times.  I didn’t understand the hate as I tried to make friends with anyone and everyone. Plus I guess I was a bit naive to people not liking people because of their skin (My parents even said that I was pretty oblivious to why certain ones hated me for no reason.  They just didn’t want to say why.).   Interesting my best friend when I was in NoVA and now Richmond are black.  That friend spoke out last night about the damage and absolute ripped into those that did this.  Again the early reports and research says there were very few or any Richmond people involved.  The extremist group planned it on twitter and were even posting their plans how to destroy the city and evade police.  The city should have been locked down Sat morning after the fiasco Friday night.  The mayor dropped the ball.  He needed to do what Atlanta did.  He set a curfew today but it’s too late.  I’m proud of the city responding in calm protest today with the vigil.  Watching the police chief driven to tears over how the rioters were about to let a child burn before they could force their way through is hard to stomach.  Richmonders are still in shock of the events of last night. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure that millions of black people protested in peace, just today.  In maybe a couple dozen cities.  

Would they be able to do what those folks in Michigan did with no repercussions? 

22 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

No **** that looting shouldn't happen, but what's realistically expected when inaction happens over and over again in these situations? Tensions are bound to boil over. Sure they've arrested the main scum, but there are 3 other's who participated in the act that led up to all of this still walking around free.

A line has to be drawn, staying silent resolves nothing. 

I’ve had three black people tell me today they would burn a whole city to the ground even their own black people homes and businesses to send a message.  Does that sound rational?  The Cops in Richmond last night were defending black lives and businesses against the group that was suppose to be fighting for them.  We both the know the group that game had no intention of that.  There’s a video of a black guy hugging officers and saying these aren’t bad guys.  The guy is literally being told he’s a traitor, not black, etc in front of the officers because he walked up and shook their hand and hugged them.  I mean mercy a black guy is just saying it’s not all cops and his own folks were ready to get him.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Every police officer on duty last night had to know their actions would be under intense scrutiny.

And yet, the number of gratuitously violent acts in the name of law enforcement, against protesters and members of the media, much of it documented on camera, was shocking. 

Which is worse... that there were that many individual officers out of control, even knowing the whole world was watching?  Or that officers knew they would have the backing of leadership as they perpetrated those acts of violence?

Richmond police were ****ed last night being alone with Cap police/VCU police against a whole out of town extremist mob.  The governor and mayor absolutely dropped the ball and city paid for it. Rioters were trying to burn people alive so eventually the police resorted to some well harsh measures in order to save those people.