Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

52 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

^^This. Totally this. Then these same people want to be all like “But why can’t you have a peaceful protest like the good negro Dr. King? Oops, did I say that part out loud? I’m sorry Bro.”

You’re not going to want to hear this but, so be it. I don’t doubt that you’re not a racist. Unfortunately, I could respect you more if you were. See, the racist has at least declared a position and is doing something to make his or her vision happen. OTOH it appears that you want people’s rights to be respected and you’re OK with demonstrations to that effect as long as your city isn’t damaged and you’re not inconvenienced. That makes you part of the problem. There are plenty of folks in this country of all races who know on some level that people’s rights are being trampled and their lives taken, but as long as it doesn’t personally affect them, they’re content to just let things roll on as is. What I hope these protesters are saying is that that’s not going to work any longer. If we don’t get to live as equal human beings, ****’s gonna get broken and burned until we can. Maybe that will spur the apathetic off the sidelines.

Certainly, I don’t know you and maybe you’re a big social justice warrior and all, but it is interesting that to my knowledge, these recent posts are the first ones you’ve ever made in this thread...and it’s to complain about your city being trashed. So, forgive me if I’ve misjudged you, but by virtue of you being completely new to this conversation I have little to go on, other than your current comments. If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me. 

I’m not worried about inconvenience.  Heck I run the Richmond marathon every year they shut downs half the city.  I’m inconveniencing everyone lol.  What I won’t stand for is Richmond used as a battle ground.  That’s how most of Richmond feels.  The population in Richmond is appalled today.  We keep being the platform for extremist groups of far right and left that have no other intention than destroying everything.  We have our fair share of protest but those peaceful.  We don’t destroy our own city here.  Anyone who goes to another city with the intention to destroy it is not a protestor.  They are a terrorist honestly.  They are there to intimidate citizens, bring fear, and cause destruction.  There is difference between protestor and rioter/terrorist.  You can’t even call people that rolled into Richmond last night rioters.  They were there to scare, endanger, and destroy.  They nearly burned a women and child alive and intentionally tried to stop firefighters from saving them. Completely innocent people.  Police had barge their way through so they could save them.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m not worried about inconvenience.  Heck I run the Richmond marathon every year they shut downs half the city.  I’m inconveniencing everyone lol.  What I won’t stand for is Richmond used as a battle ground.  That’s how most of Richmond feels.  The population in Richmond is appalled today.  We keep being the platform for extremist groups of far right and left that have no other intention than destroying everything.  We have our fair share of protest but those peaceful.  We don’t destroy our own city here. 

Sounds like you’re one of those white folks from back in the day who’d say “Our negroes are good negroes. They’d never make trouble if it weren’t for those northern agitators filling their heads with foolishness.” Just understand that to me and most people that look like me, what you’re saying is the equivalent of saying “Why won’t those pesky colonists stop dumping tea? Don’t they know they’re polluting the bay? I need to swim and fish there, not to mention that my favorite tea is nowhere to be found.” I’m sure it really sucks for you.

Ordinarily this is the part where I’d suggest you talk it over with your black friend to get his take. However, from your description of him, he sounds like one of the Brothers Brothers so I don’t think there’s any point.

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

You see it all over the place- White people cannot comment on it and say that both the cop are wrong and should be jailed/death row and the rioting and looting are wrong without being told They have no room to comment because they haven’t experienced what the black community has.  And yes, I’ve seen it spread in numerous threads and places that your essentially a closet racist if you don’t agree with everything going on 100% because “we’re the problem” 

theres really nothing to spit out.

Im sorry you fee like you are being marginalized. Honestly. It’s a ****ty feeling. Maybe your approach could be improved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

Sounds like you’re one of those white folks from back in the day who’d say “Our negroes are good negroes. They’d never make trouble if it weren’t for those northern agitators filling their heads with foolishness.” Just understand that to me and most people that look like me, what you’re saying is the equivalent of saying “Why won’t those pesky colonists stop dumping tea? Don’t they know they’re polluting the bay? I need to swim and fish there, not to mention that my favorite tea is nowhere to be found.” I’m sure it really sucks for you.

Ordinarily this is the part where I’d suggest you talk it over with your black friend to get his take. However, from your description of him, he sounds like one of the Brothers Brothers so I don’t think there’s any point.

Why are you insinuating one race?  It’s a fact that all races are participating in both peaceful and non. You’re the reason people can’t comment on something unless they are black without being labeled a racist. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im sorry you fee like you are being marginalized. Honestly. It’s a ****ty feeling. Maybe your approach could be improved. 

See above- driver of the truck

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Skintime, you keep reacting to everything- share how you really feel if you want to sarcastically chime in

You might want to tone down the personal attacks. As I have found out, it is very frowned upon here. 

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

You might want to tone down the personal attacks. As I have found out, it is very frowned upon here. 

Haven’t attacked one person- I called out one for false accusations and insinuating things incorrectly

22 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Was that suppose to be some clever North South reference because if so I’ve heard better.  My friend is from Philly actually.  Home of riots as he jokes sometimes because of their sports teams.  We’ve helped each other through some of our toughest times.  We are brutally honest to each other.  We don’t always see eye to eye but on this we do.  You don’t make a statement by destroying your own city. Richmond understands that. You don’t make statements by beating a store owner to death on camera. Richmond understands that. You make a statement by voting.  By showing up to elections to force change.  Want to guess which group shows up at elections usually?  And which group just blows it off? Did you listen to the Atlanta Mayor’s speech.  It’s quite amazing isn’t it?  She said you weren’t helping make black lives better by showing liquored up at a protest and destroying stores and burning cars. She told them to go home because if you aren’t there to truly make a statement you were disgracing Floyd and every person who died from injustice in this country. She is right.  And I’m talking about ANYONE at these protests that are there to start riots.   But if you are step into someone else’s city and start destroying it I’m fully down with them kindly chucking that person butt right out of town. No one in Richmond would have said a bad word about the protest happening if it wasn’t hijacked and led to our city being burned and lives nearly loss.  You want to sit here and tell me it’s ok if those people had been burned alive as rioters watched and intentionally blocked fireman from saving them?  Because that’s the reality of Richmond police didn’t take major action.  They were trying to save Black businesses being torched. The people that were suppose to be there to ****ing make a statement about Floyd and injustices in this country toward blacks and minorities destroyed black small businesses and nearly burned two people alive.  So please justify it to me.  I’d love you to try to.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

What’s happening?  Is it that people are now sprinting into the path of oncoming cars and almost sliding themselves under them?   

Yeah it looked like the guy in black who slid under the cop car was charging from off screen while the car was stationary, maybe he wanted to jump on the hood?

33 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I know which thread you are talking about.  I didn’t defend the statues.  As I remember I was explaining Richmond’s rationale of still having them but I got gang attacked for attempting to explain why Richmond doesn’t focus on them.  The statues are there because of the money they bring in from tourism.  They bring in significant revenue (I mean major money.) which anyone who knows the city of Richmond knows they get themselves into money troubles versus the other counties around them.  That’s not justifying or defending.  Richmond just looks at them as awkward/dark part of history which the statues also sit on the most historic and expensive street in the city.  If they were to do anything that would bring the value waay down which they can’t afford to do.  It’s why even the mayor of Richmond who is African American added context to all the statues rather than attempt to remove them. It’s a strange situation but the city can barely fund its schools, has been trying to build a new ballpark for its team it promised one to 10 years ago when it arrived and trying to build a new arena to replace the crappy coliseum.   Salaries are ok here but honestly if not for cheap housing many would be in real trouble.  Statues aren’t high on the priority list because they only end up a issue when a extremist group comes and vandalizes them.  Like I it’s a weird situation. But with all the issues Richmond has to address with money and schools the statues are not even on the list because currently they can’t replace that tourism revenue they get. 

Well then my apologies 

I'm a white guy living outside of the States but have visited many times.

I could never understand why Colin Kaepernick was vilified & basically barred from the NFL for taking the knee.

And now I see Roger Goodell crying crocodile tears over the current situation.

I'm sorry but I have great difficulty with him as a credible voice at the moment.

Reinstating Kaepernick would be quite a significant statement, however.

23 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

If the rioters want to compare whatever it is they're doing to the American Revolution, go fight to overthrow the government instead of burning and looting the properties of innocent civilians.  Not all illegal actions are alike.  Or they could, you know, vote.  An option that the revolutionaries didn't have.