Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

36 minutes ago, clietas said:

Honestly how does one help in that horrible situation? Rush the cops? Call 911? Pull a weapon? Even approaching might result in one being put in a deadly choke hold or just shot. Just recoding the incident obviously seems cold n heartless but what realistic options are there?

Yeah, hard pass on that. Ending up dead or in jail don't look like great options.

48 minutes ago, clietas said:

Honestly how does one help in that horrible situation? Rush the cops? Call 911? Pull a weapon? Even approaching might result in one being put in a deadly choke hold or just shot. Just recoding the incident obviously seems cold n heartless but what realistic options are there?

Risk getting arrested for trying to help. Ask the cops for permission the whole time.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Sometimes the vague threat of a violent future is needed in order to get a little bit of (excuse the pun) breathing room.  Like how Malcom X really benefited the cilvil rights movement of MLK Jr.  Unfortunately, we dont have a Malcom X anymore.  Or an MLK Jr, for that matter.  

We do have a Micah Xavier Johnson though.

46 minutes ago, clietas said:

The FOP has an answer. Make it illegal to record the police. There. Problem solved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

The FOP has an answer. Make it illegal to record the police. There. Problem solved.

Didn’t they try to do that years ago?  I seem to remember a bunch of states talking about that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Risk getting arrested for trying to help. Ask the cops for permission the whole time.

I don't see how that will lead to reforming the criminal justice system. Best case scenario I'm arrested, pay a fine or court costs, putting more money into the police states coffers. 

The FBI and Justice Department are clearly incapable of holding local departments accountable. What's a realistic solution? Creating a new federal agency with the authority to investigate and prosecute officers and departments is what's required. 

‘Armed rednecks’ defend stores from looters amid George Floyd protests

Armed citizens in Minneapolis stood guard against looters who ravaged the city Wednesday night over the death of George Floyd.

Two bearded men with long rifles strapped to their chests told a reporter for the Minnesota Reformer outside a tobacco shop that they supported the protests but not the violence that came with them.

“Basically you see the records that cops keep. And cops are a lot less likely to try and tread on people’s rights when there’s other armed Americans with them,” one of the men says in a video taken by the reporter, Max Nesterak. “I figured it’s about damn time that some heavily armed rednecks stood with fellow citizens.”

“So I figured before there were cops, there were just Americans, so here we are. Bottom line, justice for Floyd and I hope they stop looting at some point.”

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Has to be seen to be believed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=jennifer

Wheelchair Jennifer may as well be one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse. No way in hell this **** was on your bingo card.  

16 minutes ago, China said:

I hope to see the news spread these vibes around. I find this to be a single good message in all of this. 

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I don't see how that will lead to reforming the criminal justice system. Best case scenario I'm arrested, pay a fine or court costs, putting more money into the police states coffers. 

The FBI and Justice Department are clearly incapable of holding local departments accountable. What's a realistic solution? Creating a new federal agency with the authority to investigate and prosecute officers and departments is what's required. 

If you tried to directly interfere you'd be super lucky if all you got was a fine. More than likely you'd get a charge of assault/battery of a law enforcement officer. In Virginia that's a felony with mandatory 6 months in prison which can go up to 5 years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

If you tried to directly interfere you'd be super lucky if all you got was a fine. More than likely you'd get a charge of assault/battery of a law enforcement officer. In Virginia that's a felony with mandatory 6 months in prison which can go up to 5 years.

Yes, it's tough.  Police have a lot of power.  I don't think direct interference is going to have any positive effect, and you'd probably get yourself both beaten pretty good and some jail time to boot.

I think I'd probably make it very obvious that I am video recording their actions and also very clear that I am a lawyer and I have the right to record them in a public setting, without doing anything to physically interfere.  Hopefully that would cause them to, like, stop choking the guy to death, but who knows.  

The solution, ultimately, is to hire better people, train them better, install a better culture and allow for more severe punishments for this kind of thing.  All of that takes an incredible amount of leadership, which is tough when law enforcement is so localized. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I'm not seeing as much noise as usual from the pro-police side of the argument this time around.  Not even the usual grandstanding by the police union.  At least not yet. 

Maybe they’re all still too busy trying to dig up a burglary charge on the poor jogger kid in Georgia?

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Maybe they’re all still too busy trying to dig up a burglary charge on the poor jogger kid in Georgia?

The thing making rounds on right wing sites is that he was high on drugs and hence violent and he died of an overdose, as opposed to a person literally putting their knee and their body weight on his throat. Even though literally none of that is evident in any of the footage of his arrest or him on the ground. 

But hey, black guy, tats, etc. Obviously a drugged out thug who got what was coming to him. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The thing making rounds on right wing sites is that he was high on drugs and hence violent and he died of an overdose, as opposed to a person literally putting their knee and their body weight on his throat. Even though literally none of that is evident in any of the footage of his arrest or him on the ground. 

But hey, black guy, tats, etc. Obviously a drugged out thug who got what was coming to him. 

Playing the classics...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The solution, ultimately, is to hire better people, train them better, install a better culture and allow for more severe punishments for this kind of thing.  All of that takes an incredible amount of leadership, which is tough when law enforcement is so localized. 

The culture seems disgusting. It seems like a blend of old boys' club, frat house, and football team offensive linemen. I'm sure that offends a bunch of us...

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, it's tough.  Police have a lot of power.  I don't think direct interference is going to have any positive effect, and you'd probably get yourself both beaten pretty good and some jail time to boot.

I think I'd probably make it very obvious that I am video recording their actions and also very clear that I am a lawyer and I have the right to record them in a public setting, without doing anything to physically interfere.  Hopefully that would cause them to, like, stop choking the guy to death, but who knows.  

Let's just be honest. They are career of choice for many white supremacists. It's going to be very hard to break all of that up

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Let's just be honest. They are career of choice for many white supremacists. It's going to be very hard to break all of that up

I’d go with high school bullies, but yea, probably a lot of overlap. It’s why I think a huge culture change is needed which will require really strong leadership. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’d go with high school bullies, but yea, probably a lot of overlap. It’s why I think a huge culture change is needed which will require really strong leadership. 

tenor.gif?itemid=6159589

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Mississippi mayor under fire over comments on George Floyd's death  

>>>A Mississippi mayor is under fire for comments about the in-custody death of George Floyd, including his remark, “if you can talk, you can breathe.”<<<

Idiot.  Hopefully, the next time this guy is up for reelection; he loses.

Sounds about right for Mississippi. The anus of the US

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I remember being pissed when someone posted some Priests become Preists just so it's easier to rape kids.  It's true, though.

• Like 1