Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

How is that these dudes are tear gassing women, but when a bunch of white guys larping with semi-automatic rifles storm the Capitol building its all quiet and the cops are at ease? Even when these ****s are violating the 6 foot space of nurses to yell and spew the rancid spittle of their ignorance and toxic entitlement. 

I hate this **** so much. 

This may not be the truth people like, but the guns change everything.  If you tear gas an unarmed crowd you don't end up with a blood bath.  If you tear gas a heavily armed angry mob, things can go sideways on you real quick.  You could end up with dozens of dead civilians and cops, no one is going to rush into something like that.  A large heavily armed group isn't something cops rush to break up. 

Ever notice the lack of police shoot outs with heavily armed bikers and gangs?  They happen, but very rarely.  This isn't because the cops don't know where these groups hang out, or that they don't have illegal weapons on them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I think the average human is way more willing to silently watch wrongs perpetrated than we want to admit.

And it's even easier for the average non-human to do. Even worse, there was one bad apple that did something evil...while all the allegedly good apples stood around and did nothing.

10 hours ago, Destino said:

This may not be the truth people like, but the guns change everything.  If you tear gas an unarmed crowd you don't end up with a blood bath.  If you tear gas a heavily armed angry mob, things can go sideways on you real quick.  You could end up with dozens of dead civilians and cops, no one is going to rush into something like that.  A large heavily armed group isn't something cops rush to break up. 

Ever notice the lack of police shoot outs with heavily armed bikers and gangs?  They happen, but very rarely.  This isn't because the cops don't know where these groups hang out, or that they don't have illegal weapons on them. 

Translation. Cops are cowards, especially so when it comes to confronting people of a certain hue. This is why I've never let go of my firearms. https://naaga.co

• Like 2

There's an photo emerging on Twitter of Derek Chauvin, the fired police officer who had his knee on Floyd's neck, wearing a red MAGA-style hat that says "Make White Great Again."  I've only seen it on Twitter, and it could well be photoshopped, so I'm not going to post it.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can I join if I identify as African American?

I’ll call you my brother if it helps

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Anyone is welcome to join, regardless of race as long as you're legally able to own a firearm...whether you do or not.

min for real going to join this though. I need help understanding Maryland’s gun laws. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I think the average human is way more willing to silently watch wrongs perpetrated than we want to admit.

Yeah, there’s been plenty of stories of something awful happening to someone. Could be something that’s not even a threat to bystanders, like someone falling or getting clipped by a bus. 

people just pull out their phones and record it. 

it’s awful. We have such an awful culture in those regards. It’s depressing. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

It's called the diffusion of responsibility or the Bystander Effect:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Protesters Cling to CHP Cruiser’s Hood During Protest Over George Floyd’s Death

A group of protesters halted traffic on the 101 Freeway near Union Station, protesting use of force in downtown Los Angeles over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Black Lives Matter protesters took to the freeway near the Alameda exit after the videotaped in-custody death of George Floyd, who died after an officer kneeled on his neck over a forged check claim. Floyd was heard on the video saying, "Please, I can't breathe."

At one point in the protest, after protesters began banging on the windows and hood of a CHP cruiser, the cruiser was attempting to move through the crowd. The cruiser moved slowly, before accelerating with what looked like several people on the hood.

2065373325-1080pnbcstations.jpg?resize=8

One person participating in the protest appeared to have been injured. An ambulance arrived and the protester was to be taken for care.

Click on the link for the full article

I just wanted to point out that Minneapolis is the same place where woman who called the police was shot to death by a responeding police officer that somehow misidentified her.  In that case, the reaction was swift; the chief of police was forced to quite, the city paid out a 20 million dollar payout.

In Minneapolis a year later, no murder charges, or even a manslaughter charge, have been made after a police officer was filmed purposefully choking someone to death, who was not resisting, nor was armed, nor was accused or suspected of a violent crime.  Nobody is wondering why the police officer's body cams were not sufficient evidence to reject their obviously inconsistent story of events, and that it took a 3rd party's camera evidence being reviewed by the public-at-large- for the police officers to be fired.

We're still waiting for criminal charges to be filed. All of the senior police department representatives continue to be employed, despite being unable to explain why once again the police department failed to properly investigate their officer's actions.   Why was the initial police offficer's verbal  account accepted, if body camera footage would have been enough to discount that lie.   Why did it take 3rd party's video evidence and resulting public outrage for the officer's account to be rejected and for them to be fired?  No riots, no 3rd party evidence was needed to handle business correctly in the 1st case, of the woman who got shot by police officers.   Hmm, I wonder why?

If you havent caught on by now, the 1st incident involved a black police officer and a white woman.  It proves that the tools are in place for some justice to be served.  So when it doesnt happen, when obviously-inconsistent police accounts are accepted until proven otherwise, Its a lack of will for that justice to take place that is at fault.  

Edited by Koala
  • Like 4

Eventually something is going to have to be done with the police or this will all just continue to escalate in the future. Im not sure how you fix this stuff anymore. You cant do anything with the police without some kind of leadership. People tried peaceful protest and that was meet with tear gas. Now they are turning to mob violence which will just be meet with more force. Its endless escalation. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Eventually something is going to have to be done with the police or this will all just continue to escalate in the future. Im not sure how you fix this stuff anymore. You cant do anything with the police. People tried peaceful protest and that was meet with tear gas. Now they are turning to mob violence which will just be meet with more force. Its endless escalation. 

Sometimes the vague threat of a violent future is needed in order to get a little bit of (excuse the pun) breathing room.  Like how Malcom X really benefited the cilvil rights movement of MLK Jr.  Unfortunately, we dont have a Malcom X anymore.  Or an MLK Jr, for that matter.  

I can't believe that those cops aren't being charged (yet). It's ridiculous that you can kill a man with such excess force and simply lose your job. And yes, I understand that they are in danger for their job and sometimes "going easy" on someone could expose them to more risk. But that's the job! They signed up to make the judgment. If they didn't want to hold themselves to that standard then they could have been an accountant, Uber driver, or cashier. 

Having said all that, I hate the reaction by those who are (rightfully) pissed off. The looting just distracts us all from the tragedy and changes the narrative. That won't help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly how does one help in that horrible situation? Rush the cops? Call 911? Pull a weapon? Even approaching might result in one being put in a deadly choke hold or just shot. Just recoding the incident obviously seems cold n heartless but what realistic options are there?

Edited by clietas