Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I dunno, but Pollin is usually the fill in for either Paul or Reid when one isn't in.  I haven't listened to much of anything in about a month outside of the night time Sportscenter or the Drive, both about twice.

Edited by Old Bay

Pollin has inserted his tired act into Monday morning for several years.

He literally just said "We play these clips so we can hear if there's something in his voice other than what he's saying"

(Paraphrased)

Really, really can't stand him.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

I guess I can't take listneing to the radio during the football season. Everybody is just way too harsh on the Redskins. I mean, they aren't the cream of the crop, but people hate too hard. It doesn't feel genuine.

And that's just it..  talk about football, criticize football and i'm fine with it.

Start to parse words and look for hidden meanings? It becomes something other than sports.. it becomes witch hunting, especially when everything is parsed to be the worst it can be.

Reid is actually saying this morning that one day he hopes Gruden will get to say what he really feels, because he can feel it coming off of him in press conferences.

Patently ridiculous. 

RG3 drops the ball into Garcon's hands on a 50 some yard pass that should be  TD and Garcon drops it..   reid TORE RG3 apart for it because the throw was not PERFECT.\

PERFECT. He threw it late, says the mouth..   he threw it up too high, says the yappy dog, he threw it to the wrong shoulder, says the hack.

it's a 50 yard throw in the air, and reid wants it perfect in the first qtr of the first preseason game..  perfect to the point where listening to him today, this play, this ball that should have been caught for a score, it ruined everything else he could have possibly gleaned from watching this game.

From a football standpoint, the ball hit the receiver dead in the hands, and that's good enough.

the ball could have been better, but the fact is it was in a catchable position and should have been a touchdown.

From my perspective,, 

negative - Garcon drops the ball. Worry factor = ZERO because it is SO out of character for him that I have complete confidence that he will not drop many more balls that hit him in the hands like that going forward. I know he won't. For him, it's a fluke mistake.

Negative- Robert's throw COULD have been slightly better, but again, it travelled 50 yards in the air, and was completely catch-able. if there is one pass we know Robert throws very well, it's the deep ball. Most of the time he drops it right down the chute. Worry factor - hardly any.

What did i see on the play? i saw a design that got Garcon WIDE OPEN.

How many times did we hear last year we have guys running free, and Robert either can't find them or doesn't hit them.

well,  again, the play gets Garcon wide open, RG saw and hit him.

Fluke drop, but overall for PRACTICE, it's a positive.

Rip him apart for it?

Ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

and that is what Reid is.. A ridiculous "journalist" who sees nothing but the worst, to the point of exaggerating how bad it actually is to settle with his predetermined conclusion.

A hack.

A hack's hack.

As far as RG3s overall performance..  small things were all that could be seen.. small positives and small negatives.

Frankly, the worst passes he threw were the fade attempts to Garcon. Clearly it needs work, the timing was terrible, and the balls thrown were not catchable for a TD.

Reid didn't mention it but in passing. Two plays clearly Robert's fault, clearly fit his "Robert is probably the worst player on earth" agenda.. and he barely registers them... preferring to instead create a complaint that indicates exactly what we know to be a fact, over-analysis from a negative standpoint to the point where he sounds like a complete clown.

I didn't listen to him and paul afterward. I've given reid enough airtime to decide i never want to hear from him again, he isn't telling me anything or offering anything to the discussion.

But in the tywo hours i did listen, all he could talk about wasRobertt, and specifically THAT play.

Chris Culliver made the worst play of the game. His pass interference was clear pass interference, and will be called every time in every game he will ever play. It gave Cleveland a touchdown they would likely not have earned otherwise.

Does he mention it?

Nope..  and you know why I think he doesn't mention that,, doesn't talk about Hall's rust.. doesn't talk about forbath showing a strong leg on field goals, but a tremendously weak leg on kickoffs..  i think he doesn't mention these things because either

A/ he has no idea he should even bother with them

B/ He has no idea because he doesn't understand those things. (Can't accept this,, he's a sportswriter. he has to be able to see it all and understand it) or

C/ he only has one agenda, and only has one thing he's interested in, and he's only interested in it from the standpoint of how he can criticize it.

Griffin is the only player on the field with Reid, and he has already decided nothing he does will be good enough.

If I'm hating because I want BETTER for postgame Monday, then so be it.

Sheehan was trying to at least keep the conversation on actual football technique, X&O, nuances of what makes the difference between a good performance and a bad performance, and between Reid's exasperation that someone doesn't agree with his eternal pessimism, and Pollin's yuck it up snark...   very VERY VERY tiresome.

Seriously..  i don't want Larry Michael telling me every redskins pre-game dookie smelled like roses and chocolate.. i don't need a homer.

But these two clowns are anti-homers.. a homer never ses a problem,, these idiots never see anything BUT problms.

And frankly, other than reciting historical facts nd anecdotes from **** that happened 30 years ago, I think Andy Pollin knows NOTHING about the actual game of football.

What he sees on the field totally eludes him.

And he proves it every single time they put him on after a game.

After so many years of listening to this tired shtick, it gets even more tiresome to see that not only will they keep hiring these clowns, but they will do their best to remove any reason to listen.

I get the Redskins are and have been a bad football team for a long time. And after yet another loss, THIS football fan does not mind negative discussion of a negative result.

But damn,, it has to fit what actually happens, and it has to be from a more analytical standpoint and less of the 'create controversy' agenda or you lose me.

But since the competition offers nothing better,, i reserve the right to complain.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

Yeah. This morning was ridiculous. Picking apart RG3's press conference was just too much. They said he was basically nonchalant about everything because he said in the Peter King article that they don't want him to be Superman. I mean, my goodness, they got all of that from a press conference after two drives after the first pre-season game. Their wives must hate them if they read into everything like that.

This is what the fans here seem to want:

A totally independent, serious minded study of football that is totally fair to the Redskins without ever bashing them and is tough on Dan Snyder without ever criticizing him and is not in his pocket though they should be total homers and should avoid hot sports takes except that's actually the most entertaining part of the show.

After Bang's post, I'm picturing Larry M describing going into a stall right after Pot Roast came out....dude, your humor is too sick!

I don't mind Andy post game or on MMQB (think Galdi is a bit too bland on postgame) but that's about the only time I care to hear Pollin on 980.

This is what the fans here seem to want:

A totally independent, serious minded study of football that is totally fair to the Redskins without ever bashing them and is tough on Dan Snyder without ever criticizing him and is not in his pocket though they should be total homers and should avoid hot sports takes except that's actually the most entertaining part of the show.

I would just like the Pre-Shanahan Kevin Sheehan back 

• Like 6

I would just like the Pre-Shanahan Kevin Sheehan back 

This... I mean, I'm fine with criticism. I even enjoy; especially after a lost. That being said, to continue to pile on and on and on and on about the same person day after day; to give him no props, I just can't get with that. 

Too me, it just seems like these people don't like Snyder and people don't like Griffin... So they try to make everything extremely negative all the time. 

After Bang's post, I'm picturing Larry M describing going into a stall right after Pot Roast came out....dude, your humor is too sick!

I don't mind Andy post game or on MMQB (think Galdi is a bit too bland on postgame) but that's about the only time I care to hear Pollin on 980.

Andy is a grouchy old man full of sour grapes still over losing his ride home time slot and partner to Cooley. I made sure I tweeted at them this morning how unlistenable it was.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that GP is a tool for his love of Cousins and giving a backup radio time. It seems like some dude from ESPN named "Bromani Jones" has been blasting Paulsen on tweeter, it's hilarious listening to the hosts on WJFK defend this idiotic decision.

https://storify.com/fflg149/bomani-jones-owns-grant-paulsen-about-kirk-cousins

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1