Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://forexreportdaily.com/2015/10/09/5008-marvel-announces-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Marvel announces ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’

When it was released earlier this year, manyMarvel fans wondered whether the comic empire would deem Ant-Man worthy enough for a movie sequel. Though casting has not yet been announced, it would be far from surprising to see Rudd reprise a role that earned him accolades for transitioning from lovable rom-com lead to spandex-wearing action hero.

The 2018 “Ant Man and the Wasp” superhero movie from MCU will see the return of Scott Lang and Hope Van. Up until now, Marvel hadn’t said anything about a sequel to this summer’s Ant-Man, but after the Phase 2 finale’s success (critically and financially), the studio has chose to shrink down once again on July 6th, 2018. Especially for the release dates of a few previously announced Marvel films. For instance, Marvel’s Black Panther project has moved up five months to February 16, 2018, when it was originally slated to be released in July of 2018. Marvel has also reserved release dates of May 1, 2020July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020 for a trio of as-yet-untitled features no doubt meant to be the first in the studio’s Phase Four schedule. She beats out Captain Marvel as the first female superhero in a Marvel movie title.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/marvels-jessica-jones-episode-one-003825900.html

Marvel's Jessica Jones episode one: first impressions

The first episode of Jessica Jones is very, very good.

Like its counterpart Marvel's DaredevilJessica Jones begins with a single case. I won't go into the details: You should watch it for yourself when the entire series hits Netflix on Nov. 20. But here's what you should know:

If the rest of the series is anything like the first episode, screened tonight for the rapt audience in New York Comic Con's Main Stage panel room, it will be very, very good.

Writer/showrunner Melissa Rosenberg and director S.J. Clarkson craft a first episode that deftly introduces the audience to the majority of its cast, their lives and their relationships to each other as it throws its titular character headfirst into a very significant case. Fans of Alias, Jessica's comic of origin, will recognize a handful of scenes ripped straight from its pages, and Jessica's characteristic narration gives the whole show that familiar hardboiled noir feel.

Moreover, Jessica Jones is full to the brim with women interacting with women: there's Jessica, of course, but also Carrie-Anne Moss as attorney Jeri Hogarth, Rachael Taylor as Jessica's best friend Patricia "Trish" Walker, and Erin Moriarty as Hope.

Of course, one of the problems of hanging a story around a female character with trauma in her pastis that it can be difficult to escape the dominant themes of stories about women with trauma. Generally, they feature as people who need to get saved instead of doing the saving. In comics, Jessica Jones existed along a spectrum of female characters from the deeply wounded to the entirely-safe-for-children's-television. It would have been a real shame if the first female superhero to get top billing in a Marvel cinematic project were to have been consumed by her own narrative or metatextual baggage.

And indeed, Jessica panics. She runs, she breaks down crying and she retreats to calming techniques. But not even for one episode does Jessica Jones allow the audience to assume that Krysten Ritter is here to play the victim, the waif or the final girl of this psychological thriller.

No, Jessica used to be a hero, we're told, and although she herself doesn't make the connection, the link is clear. Nobody likes bad news, but you can either deny or do something

And Jessica Jones is doing something.

I outed myself as a Krysten Ritter fan some time ago (even liked the "B in apt whatever"---23?) so i'm already in the tent.

• Like 2

Lord knows they can't do as bad a job as Fox has, with them.

Read the article. Looks like one of those win-win deals. (Although, as a Disney stockholder, and fan, I would have preferred Disney to not give up the things they did.)

Edited by Larry

Hold off on the Fantastic Four excitement...several sources and both FOX and Marvel said there is no deal in place and refuted DenOfGeek's scoop :( However, where there is smoke there is fire, as we saw immediately before Sony and Marvel struck a deal over Spider-Man.

But something did occur between Fox and Marvel in a related matter. Marvel just announced two FOX mutant-based television series, "Hellfire" and "Legion". The thing is, Fox has mutant character television rights but needs final approval from Marvel, which means they've been working together, coincidentally after Kevin Fiege got promoted above Ike Perlmutter. Ike is the guy that took previous negotiations personal and burned all bridges between the studios when discussing FF before the recent abomination came out.

:)

http://news.yahoo.com/marvel-rumoured-to-be-working-on-moon-knight-141825814.html

Marvel Rumoured To Be Working On Moon Knight Netflix Series

The rumour comes from Umberto Gonzalez of Heroic Hollywood - so pinch that salt now - who mentioned it during a guest slot on the Collider Heroes show on YouTube.

“The hot rumour is that Moon Knight is actually being developed for Netflix since he is a divergence of Bruce Wayne,” said Gonzalez. “So like the way they’re back-door piloting Punisher in 'Daredevil’ season two, if it works out, same thing with Moon Knight.”

As he says, Moon Knight is a character very much like Bruce Wayne’s Batman. Real name Marc Spector, he is a wealthy man (though earned through mercenary work, not inherited) who uses his powers of strength, agility and expert combat skills.

He has also been a member of The Defenders, who could join that group down the line. His dark storylines and tendency to get violent also make him a fit for the more adult tone being targeted with the Netflix shows.

The future of the Marvel and Netflix partnership is fairly free-flowing, with second seasons of successful show now a possibility with 'Daredevil’s arriving next year.

How the production companies will juggle this as more charcters get their own series will be interesting. There’s also the possibility of new characters like Moon Knight and characters like Punisher and Elektra getting their own shows.

After the runaway success of ‘Daredevil’ and rave early reviews for follow-up series 'Jessica Jones’, Marvel may be looking to put together a new Netflix series based on Moon Knight.  

This would be as well as series based on Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders, which will see the two team up with Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

Lord knows they can't do as bad a job as Fox has, with them.

Read the article. Looks like one of those win-win deals. (Although, as a Disney stockholder, and fan, I would have preferred Disney to not give up the things they did.)

If you want to use the FF in a bigger movie like Secret Wars or something. Then go for it. But as another stand-alone reboot. No thanks. I know Disney would do better with it. But I'd rather see some other characters get a first crack.

It's funny..for someone who only appeared in a few Jessica Jones comics, the Purple Man is being given a starring role. Can't complain, but I suspect this has more to do with not being able to use Spiderman or Captain America. :P

The storyline with Purple Man is wayyy more compelling than the ones involving Spidey and Cap. This was a smart move, and maybe they'll incorporate the others in a season two. Or decide to use the Pulse storylines. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's really, really good. This chess match between Kilgrave and Jessica is compelling. I'm on episode 9 and I should be able to watch it all by the end of the weekend.

I'm halfway through 6. Have you figured out who Trish is yet? :)

Funny you should metion that TK - just read that they originally planned to have Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel (Carol Danvers).

http://www.blastr.com/2015-11-20/captain-marvel-originally-had-supporting-role-jessica-jones

I really need to get Netflix and watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Black Mirror.

There will be hell to pay when someone finds out Trish is a nickname. :)

Edited by The Evil Genius

No! I just thought she was a show created character to replace the close relationship Jessica had with Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. Man, now I'm trying to figure out who she is, lol.

You're half right. They are using her as the replacement for Carol.

"Trish" is short for Patricia. Patsy is also short for Patricia. And Patsy Walker is Hellcat, who was also a member of the Defenders.

• Like 1