Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://theboombox.com/marvels-luke-cage-episodes-named-after-gang-starr-songs/

Marvel comics has been giving hip-hop a huge look within their franchises with the hugely popular Black Panther comic book series and now with the upcoming Luke Cage drama on Netflix. Last Sunday (July 24), at San Diego Comic Con, series executive producer Cheo Hodari Coker revealed that every episode from Luke Cage will be named after a Gang Starr song.

this keeps getting better

• Like 1

I'm not all that happy with that last Doctor Strange trailer. Inception as seen through a kaleidoscope somehow fails to capture sorcerer supreme battling back nightmarish creature from other dimensions. I was hoping they'd take it more towards a dark and horror direction. It's been a million years since I picked up a comic book, but aren't his enemies more towards the actual monsters and demons looking to devour the world end of the spectrum? (As opposed to ambitious cabals, possibly alien, looking to conquer it)

• Like 1

10 year old me is in heaven that live action Marvel movies and TV shows have become well received box office juggernauts. The only downer in this is Fox. Mediocre, uninspired X Men movies. And FF movies that are abominable. The studio is unworthy of owning two of Marvel's three signature teams. The result is that MCU has seemingly elevated the Guardians of the Galaxy from a campy, B-List comic into the FF's void, and that's a shame. But at least MCU has done right by the Avengers and Heroes for Hire characters.

Totally agreed, SM. I'm really excited to see what the Dr. Strange movie turns out to be, but Cumberbatch seems like spot-on casting.

But I hear you re. the FF. Marvel's First Family deserves way better.

I am angered by what has happened with X-Men (my favorite comic) and the Spider-Man (second favorite) merry go round. I like the current setup with Spider-Man, but I have zero expectations at this point for X-Men.

Deadpool seems to be hinting at something major with Cable (one of the more awesome characters of the X-Men universe), but CGI Colossus bugged the hell out of me, so im just like whatever at this point.

Yeah X-Men were probably Marvel's most popular and important team in the 90's. Their star has majorly faded and I think Fox deserves a good chunk of the blame for it. Little kids today aren't growing up following them like I did in the 90's. They're following the Avengers.

Fox has produced good X-Men cartoons though.

The Inhumans seem like MCU's attempt to replace the X-Men. A shame because X-Men are soooo much better and more interesting.

• Like 1

Yes, Marvel has been, through the comics and tv/film media, attempting to use the Inhumans as a replacement for the Xmen. Even going so far as to have a very recent storyline in the comics pretty much call the Inhumans the next stage in human evolution and that mutants are a "genetic dead-end."

So long term, it looks like they are slowly phasing mutants and the X-Men out with a long term storyline of there being no more mutants and really bad short term storylines.

Although they'll never admit it, the fantastic four and X-Men have been marginalized steadily for a long time and it has everything to do with Disney not being able to capitalize on those properties in tv cartoons and movies.

Edited by Gamebreaker

Yeah what has made the Marvel movies so good is the actors have been fantastic. Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark/Ironman. Chris Evans IS Steve Rogers/Captain America. etc etc That and theyre just filled with A Listers across the board. DCU has...Ben Affleck? Thats about it. Although Im in love with Gal Gadot.

Yeah what has made the Marvel movies so good is the actors have been fantastic. Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark/Ironman. Chris Evans IS Steve Rogers/Captain America. etc etc That and theyre just filled with A Listers across the board. DCU has...Ben Affleck? Thats about it. Although Im in love with Gal Gadot.

They weren't A listers when they started. Not sure anyone was really that familiar with Chris Evans.

Downey had been a star but was a trainwreck that was a huge risk. Ruffalo is not A-list. They nabbed Hemsworth before he blew up.

They hit the timing on the head with the casting but they haven't thrown a ton of huge names at the roles at least at the time they were cast.

Ed Norton was a big name but that one didn't work out IMO

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/new-thor-ragnarok-aerial-set-photos-reveal-a-quinjet-and-a-a144303

New THOR: RAGNAROK Aerial Set Photos Reveal A Quinjet And A HULK-Out Scene In The Making

Mark Ruffalo took to Instagram last week to share celebratory behind-the-scenes photos from his last day filming for Thor: Ragnarok, but the Daily Mail has now provided an aerial glimpse of what the actor had actually filmed that day. In addition to a practical Hulk bust that’s clearly visible on the massive Asgardian set, which was built on Australia’s Gold Coast, the set photos also show someone (Ruffalo) lying on the ground surrounded by the crew.

According to the source, the Thor: Ragnarok scene that is pictured below being filmed definitely involved Mark Ruffalo acting out Bruce Banner turning into his Jade Giant alter-ego while in Asgard. Evidently, this was without the much-needed use of visual effects.

*Click Link For More* 

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They weren't A listers when they started. Not sure anyone was really that familiar with Chris Evans.

Downey had been a star but was a trainwreck that was a huge risk. Ruffalo is not A-list. They nabbed Hemsworth before he blew up.

They hit the timing on the head with the casting but they haven't thrown a ton of huge names at the roles at least at the time they were cast.

Ed Norton was a big name but that one didn't work out IMO

Samuel L is an A Lister. As is Scarlet Johansen. And Don Cheadle.