Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Luke Cage gets all the ass. I think only Rosario Dawson's nurse character is the only one to not throw it at him yet. 

I loved the scene where he breaks out of prison, sees his reflection and says,"I look like a damn fool." Turns out what he was wearing at the time was resembled his 70's costume when the character was first created. Nice Easter egg there. 

Im taking a break. But I'm up to episode 7, really enjoying it. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Episode 2, Faith Evans goes on stage at the club and then their is an immediate cut to the portrait of Biggie.  The showrunner is basically a historian of 90's hip hop.  I wonder how many easter eggs like that he scattered throughout the show?

Cheo Hodari Coker is definitely a hip-hop head. The names of the episodes are titles from different Gang Starr songs

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hey Kima Greggs is in this too!  Just got to the episode where she is introduced.  Awesome.  Man I hope Bunk turns up in this show too.

Prison doc was lawyer to everybody in the game

Squabbles is Poet from Oz

seeing alot of HBO guys on this show

• Like 1

Mariah is gradually turning into Lady Macbeth.

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I knew I recognized him from something but I couldn't figure out from where.  Thanks for saving me from having to trawl around on IMDB.

I also recognize Bobby Fish from The Get Down and Mr Robot.  Good character actor that plays eccentric and smart well.

11 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Squabbles is Poet from Oz

seeing alot of HBO guys on this show

Omar from The Wire would be perfect if they do a Season 2. 

I love Luke Cage but nothing tops Daredevil season one for me.  The action and fight choreography were unbelievable.  Season 2 really suffered from not having DeKnight as showrunner though.

I think Defenders is going to be amazing.  Iron Fist and Luke Cage are a classic buddy tandem and Daredevil is so cool.

I think I like Luke Cage the character best though.  His powers are on par with the Avengers characters, so the show has a really different tone.  It's much less tense.

I like the way the show has adapted him too.  He's a lot less angry and intense than in a lot of portrayals.  That's how Luke Cage should be.  He's a ****ing huge and invulnerable tank.  He should be chill.

Are they legally not allowed to refer to other superheroes? I've noticed that when it comes to "The Big Incident," they never mention anyone by name

I did hear Tony Stark maybe once, but whenever they talk about the Avengers, they always use  physical descriptions (like "The Big green guy/guy with a magic hammer").

Even with the Hell's Kitchen crew, they barely refer to each other, even though many of the actors have been on the other shows.

I also disagree about Cage being on the level of the Avengers. I mean he's seems to be bulletproof and fireproof, along with super strength,  but I dunno if that means he could take an energy blast from Iron Man/War Machine, or take a shot from Thor's hammer, or Cap and his shield, or face off against the Hulk.

I think you're underestimating Luke Cage's power.  He doesn't have the experience to take on warriors like Captain America or Thor.  But he gets there eventually.  In the comics he was basically impossible to kill like Wolverine but with super strength too.  IIRC, the only way to break his skin was with adamantium (which I don't believe MCU has introduced--they've kind of replaced it with Vibranium).  And Luke eventually gets on the Avengers roster when they did the New Avengers comic.