Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Tennis.

DM72

Not in 2015.

Right here, right now I'd make him slight favourite tomorrow given both mens respective tournament to date. 

He's injury free again finally, playing his best tennis in a long time; and thankfully didn't have to go 4 plus sets with Murray. 

And it's a good while since I'd of made Fed favourite over Djoki. 

Hail. 

I don't think thats up for discussion

its more about where she ranks in terms of athletes in general

hasn't been the case for some time now

Most definitely.

Right here, right now I'd make him slight favourite tomorrow given both mens respective tournament to date. 

He's injury free again finally, playing his best tennis in a long time; and thankfully didn't have to go 4 plus sets with Murray. 

And it's a good while since I'd of made Fed favourite over Djoki. 

Hail.

Roger is certainly playing the better of the two but if The Joker brings his A game, he's gonna win.

I definitely think that Fed is playing great. And Fed has been the ONLY player who has consistently been able to defeat Djoke since he elevated his game to this level in 2011. 

That said, we saw this story last year in the Wimbledon finals. I'm just not sure that I see what's different about it this year. I don't think Fed has the legs or the power to hit with Djoke and Nadal over five sets in a final anymore. Even against Murray, I felt like if Murray had won that third set it could have gotten dicey for Roger; I've just seen his legs go too many times before.

Serena is by far one of my all-time favorite athletes, male or female. The lady is just unbelievable! So happy for her!

Always been Steffi for me when it comes to the woman's game, as much as I admire and respect the heck out of Serena. 

Steffi was always and always will be the Queen of Centre Court for me. And I know Martina won 2 more here, but we never really took to her. Chrissie was always the British favourite through that battle. Then this young, shy, always smiling 14 year old German came along that had just the perfect personality that played into the British psyche. With a great fun SOH off court. But the ultimate German professional on it.  And she could play a bit too ..... that inside out forehand was a thing of pure beauty and her quickness ..... she used to dance across the court. 

Serena will in all probability pass her in majors over the next year, but Graf is still the greatest woman's tennis player of all time for me. 

I miss those days. This has been by far and away the best era in the mens game with the top 4 guys pushing each other to such ridiculous heights; but the '80's I grew up in had characters that just endeared you to the game for life.

I definitely think that Fed is playing great. And Fed has been the ONLY player who has consistently been able to defeat Djoke since he elevated his game to this level in 2011. 

That said, we saw this story last year in the Wimbledon finals. I'm just not sure that I see what's different about it this year. I don't think Fed has the legs or the power to hit with Djoke and Nadal over five sets in a final anymore. Even against Murray, I felt like if Murray had won that third set it could have gotten dicey for Roger; I've just seen his legs go too many times before.

He's not injured this year. 

Last year, he was struggling with the back. This year, he's as healthy as playing on the tour gets going into the rematch. 

Hail. 

Roger has been healthy for quite a while now, I don't recall the back being an issue at Wimbledon last year. Djokovic is hands down the favorite tomorrow. Federer will need to serve just as brilliantly as he did yesterday AND he'll need Djokovic to be at least a little off.

Serena has been incredible. What an incredible year and she should be able to keep going for another year at least. There are no real true threats on the women's side either.

Roger has been healthy for quite a while now, I don't recall the back being an issue at Wimbledon last year. Djokovic is hands down the favorite tomorrow. Federer will need to serve just as brilliantly as he did yesterday AND he'll need Djokovic to be at least a little off.

It was in one of the warm up's for the French. Indian Wells maybe? I forget. Anyways, it lingered for a good long time and his movement was really troubled through last years Wimbledon. He played through the pain, but it was a factor. Now, down to some exercise regime, he's finally gotten over it and is completely pain free. 

So that, coupled with Novak being hit with the loss in Paris that should never of happened, and Rodger being in the best form he's been in for a good few years and currently in the better form of the two men; and the all important leveller ...... Centre Court, SW19. Feds House ..... I have to make him slight favourite. Rain's forecast too so if the roof closes that may well play into his hands. 

Should be another classic though. Really can't wait. 

Hail. 

Is that a record twice over?

Steffi's still the only girl  to do the calendar Golden Slam right?

Never understood how Serena's not received the same love and adulation in her home Country as she always has in Britain. She's what, 1 slam behind Steffi and 3 behind Margaret Court? Not only is she the greatest US woman's tennis player of all time, she could well end up the greatest woman's tennis player of all time period. 

And she always comes across a wonderfully humble and genuine, really nice girl. 

Congrats. Awesome achievement from an awesome lady. 

Hail. 

I think there are two reasons for this:

1. Her father early on in their career and the perceived fixing of matches. I'm not saying it's not a media creation, but it was certainly the narrative early on.

2. This is the most important part: Lack of a big time rival. If Serena is healthy and interested in winning, she dominates. A couple of the women that might have rivaled her retired in their prime more than a few years ago. There is no drama.

2. This is the most important part: Lack of a big time rival. If Serena is healthy and interested in winning, she dominates. A couple of the women that might have rivaled her retired in their prime more than a few years ago. There is no drama.

Sharapova was supposed to be that rival, especially after she beat Serena to win Wimbeldon at 17. Since then, its been the Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals

I'm with GHH on this, I'd still lean Graf for greatest ever but it is very close.  Having a calendar year Golden Slam is just an incredible accomplishment.  One thing I have to give Williams credit for is longevity.  Graf won her last slam at age 30.  Williams is still kicking ass at 33.

I'm with GHH on this, I'd still lean Graf for greatest ever but it is very close.  Having a calendar year Golden Slam is just an incredible accomplishment.  One thing I have to give Williams credit for is longevity.  Graf won her last slam at age 30.  Williams is still kicking ass at 33.

When McEnroe (once a harsh critic of the Williams sisters), Evert and other says that Williams is the best ever, that's saying something.

When McEnroe (once a harsh critic of the Williams sisters), Evert and other says that Williams is the best ever, that's saying something.

Like others have stated, I wonder how much of their early criticism was because of their father?  The girls were occasionally outspoken, but I remember the father being really disliked.

We should ask Andre Agassi's opinion ;)

lol.. strength is not an attribute to being a great athlete?
Of course her strength is part of why she wins. Her body doesn't look that way by accident.

What a goof.

i was happy for her today.. typically i am not a Serena fan,, she is a bit of a poor sport in my mind.

But today she won with grace and was very willing to give the challenger her moment, something she's not been one to do so nicely in the past.

Perhaps she's gotten it in her head that she IS the best, and can relax some.

~Bang

Archived