Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Tennis.

DM72

Yeah, well the title to this thread has been pretty well answered!

A day after Serena gets her 21st title in pretty dominant fashion... all the thread can talk about is the men's game. She's already being dismissed :silly:

Was surprised there wasn't a Tennis/Wimbledon thread. Surprised that this is the catchall. I guess that's what happens when everyone wants super-threads.

I've put a specific Winbledin thread up a few times in the past but it only tends to appeal to the ES tennis minority and never really gets the interest.

So here we are.

Hail.

Kind of sad. I like tennis though my interest has waned. I don't want to admit that it's due to the lack of American superstars, but I sure had more fun in the Jimmy McEnroe, Connors, Chris Evert days. Agassi, Sampras wasn't quite as fun because they didn't really have the fire or personalities.  Serena definitely should be getting more love than she does.

Tennis used to be a solid second tier sport. I think it's drifted into the third tier for the most part. Mind you, bowling's fallen off into the fifth or sixth tier. I think golf is now pretty much alone in that second tier... unless hockey is there too.

I've put a specific Winbledin thread up a few times in the past but it only tends to appeal to the ES tennis minority and never really gets the interest.

So here we are.

Hail.

From now on, if no one else does, I'll start a thread for the Grand Slams.

Yeah, well the title to this thread has been pretty well answered!

A day after Serena gets her 21st title in pretty dominant fashion... all the thread can talk about is the men's game. She's already being dismissed :silly:

Was surprised there wasn't a Tennis/Wimbledon thread. Surprised that this is the catchall. I guess that's what happens when everyone wants super-threads.

Good point but I think this has everything to do with what I said about a lack of a rival for Serena. There is no drama, no other great, great women's player that helps to produce this kind of drama and to push Serena. Roger has had Nadal and Djokovic, some of the best ever to play against. When Serena plays her best, no one is even close these days. It's not the same with the men.

On another note, at what point do women start to play 5 set matches? Maybe even starting in the Quarter Finals.

Archived