Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Raheem Morris to join Falcons

Commander Adama

^^^

Not picking at you but what have you heard? I'd honestly like to know? I have heard or seen nothing from him. He's not calling plays or developing QBs what have he done?

Cooley loves him. When he was promoted he raved about how smart he is and said he's on track to be a head coach. One of the smartest coaches he's been around. Knew every offensive position on every play, even though he was only the TE coach. Likewise, most every article from his promotion was full of praise from people who have worked with him. There is more to being an OC than calling the plays. He appears to be very bright and way ahead of the game especially considering his age.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/4777/cooley-redskins-rave-about-sean-mcvay

http://blog.redskins.com/2014/01/15/everyone-likes-sean-mcvay/

Wish him the best of luck. Like many have stated before I don't think we will ever know how good or bad he was considering who he coached behind. It will be interesting to see how he does in Atlanta.

Very. I live here, and deal with people in various versions of red/black daily. Falcons fans are just like us, crazy about their losing team...sorry, gotta laugh at typing that!

But as I've posted before, I'll be there for the game next season, and I'll still HAIL. Always!

As much as this was needed I just wished it happen before Fangio made his decision to go to Chicago and ended up coming here instead with Donatell and we wouldn't have to settle for this Barry hire

I don't believe Fangio was ever really coming here. His relationship with John Fox from Carolina was too good. They did very well together. Also, since Fox is a bit older and has shown some success as a HC, my guess is Fox committed to setting him up to be HC when he retires. There are no guarantees, but that's certainly not something Gruden can offer.

I don't know if Raheem is actually coaching in Atlanta or that he just received a title to rah rah over there on the sideline, but I wish him good luck and succes.

As for finding a DB coach, it's going to be hard to bring in good coaches that aren't instantly more qualified to be the DC over Joe Barry. Perry Fewell for instance has more experience and succes as a DC than Joe Berry, even was an interim HC at Buffalo for half a season. I'm interested who we can bring in to replace Raheem.

Raheem is a good coach and a good person, tasked with polishing Bruce Allen's turd for the past few years

Best if luck to him hope it is a better situation than what he had here

I agree 100 percent.  I don't see an upgrade with our new DB coach.  KO and Morris were the two coaches I hope stayed.

If SM can't upgrade the secondary this off season, just have to read posts bashing the new DB coach this Fall just like the old one.

I agree 100 percent.  I don't see an upgrade with our new DB coach.  KO and Morris were the two coaches I hope stayed.

If SM can't upgrade the secondary this off season, just have to read posts bashing the new DB coach this Fall just like the old one.

Maybe it is a coincidence that we had the worst secondary for those years he was here.

Morris leaving is a positive.

Archived