Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Raheem Morris to join Falcons

Commander Adama

I agree 100 percent.  I don't see an upgrade with our new DB coach.  KO and Morris were the two coaches I hope stayed.

If SM can't upgrade the secondary this off season, just have to read posts bashing the new DB coach this Fall just like the old one.

As a coach myself I am very hesitant to criticize a coach because there is so much that goes on that way don't know about.  Jim Mora's famous "you think you know...but you really don't know" speech usually applies to any outsider.  I cannot fault Morris for not making a Smithfield Honey-baked ham from potted meat.  However, even if the guys aren't fast enough or big enough they shouldn't be consistently 10 yards or so out of position.  That's on him.  And look at Rambo and Amerson.  Rambo was cut and then Buffalo coached him up to his potential and then Amerson regressed.  If Amerson didn't play up to his ability then that's part of coaching and that's on Raheem as well.

I won't give Jay a pass here either.  Next year if the Offense consistently lines up incorrectly and incurs dumb penalty after dumb penalty then he should not be back for the 3rd year. 

Archived