Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Breaking News....

A Burgundy and Gold tank is driving towards Redskins Park, evidently the driver is on a mission to blow up the front office.

More news at 5.

(Just a joke, but sometimes that's how I feel) :(

They did so well with SM, why are they thinking about doing this? I don't understand. Because of a "great interview"? I know too many that have the Hollywood interview and just bomb when the work hits their desk. 

We keep Rah and hire Barry?  Hahahahahaha.  What a joke.  I advise everyone to read the Loverro article on the last page about Joe Jacoby, and forget about how awful this is.

I don't think Jay has the control they said he has.  Or they might have given him final say, but only with a limited budget to work with.  But hey, the guy wanted to keep Haslett, so I guess anything is possible.

**** you Snyder.  **** you Bruce.  

But Barry's defenses ranked last in the league both in 2007 and 2008 in Detroit.

@MikeJonesWaPo In fairness that was Detroit before Mayhew correct?

That was before Suh and Fairley. Maybe if we can bring in some talent he could do something but I it will take time.

I'm not going to condemn a guy who had bad defenses in a single prior stop. One job is not a pattern (unlike Haslett or Morris). Plenty of guys had a bad run and then did better their next time around. While I find the choice that seems likely to be underwhelming, I'll take Barry over Morris or Haslett. I'm assuming Morris is shipped out too since he was up for the job and didn't get it. I would be surprised and disappointed if he stays. Like my sig says, wait and see mode begins now.

Hopefully Foerster leaves and we get a new line coach, perhaps a Sparano. Then go get a QB coach to help Jay out so he's not so overwhelmed. If this is the path, we'll just have to see how it goes.

Until we start rebuilding the roster, I don't see us having many top flight coaches wanting to work here.

That being said, I wonder if we're moving to a more 4-3 oriented attack. That would be my preference. Maybe get lucky and draft a Williams.

Again, that being said, I don't think our coaching staff will have a lot of success.

I REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY hope TK is pulling our legs on this one.

Or, if not, that one of a couple things are happening:

- Joe Barry turned into Chuck Noll in the past 6 years.  Dunno how, but he did.

- We're trying to accumulate all the terrible coaches in one place so that we can end their NFL careers all at once, as a public service to the rest of the league.  We're rewarded with an extra first round pick in 2016 for our valor.

worst hire of all time.  How can you look at his resume and say "Yay, this would be an excellent hire for the Washington Redskins".

Actually that is exactly what Dan and Bruce would do.  Tampa stank all over this

Nah, the one thing you can't fault Dan for was hiring people with stinkin' records.  Dan went after the biggest winners he could find generally.  Marty, Gibbs, Shanahan.  Even Jay was coming off a perennial playoff contender in which he launched a rookie QB.  This stink seems to belong entirely (if it's true) to Jay and/or Bruce.

I almost want them to do terribly this coming season in hopes that Scot blows up the entire ****ing coaching staff. Unbelievable. I'm praying its only for one year. It had BETTER not be a multi year contract. Bruce is really beginning to get underneath my skin with this "gotta have MY guys" bull****. Sorry for the language, I'm just beyond fed up.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 2m2 minutes ago

If Barry and Rah run what they really know... Tampa 2 4-3 D, then they'd have me intrigued with the current players Washington has.

Matt Terl @matt_terl 4m4 minutes ago

Redskins hire big-name asst coach, fans complain about starchasing. Redskins hire Joe Barry, fans are "uninspired". Fun!

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 5m5 minutes ago

Another guy with Tampa ties. RT @RapSheet: The #Redskins plan on hiring #Chargers LB coach Joe Barry as their defensive coordinator.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11m11 minutes ago

Hey, at least the Redskins’ def. coordinator isn’t in place because of Florida Tuskers connections. Bucs a step up from that.

My next logical question is...Does anyone have an exact # of how many people were coaching at TB during that time period?

That way I can count down the upcoming coaching hires from that group, tick them off one by one as they go because I think it's obvious they are going to keep being hired here until they are all gone...

They are like ****roaches, they just keep coming out of nowhere!

Archived