Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Yeah right now if the rumors turn out to be true I'm also beginning to think Philips, Donatell and other good candidates wanted no part of Raheem on their staff, I don't think money is the problem, I suspect somewhere in the past Bruce must have made a promise to Raheem about the DC job to get him to join here and now they're tied to the hips.

I'm not in the camp of let them burn out another season and we'll reset next year, because for 1 there is no guarantee that will happen and 2 the small core of good defensive players that we have and this years draft picks will have to suffer another year of bad coaching..

Get them all out of here right now or hire a legit DC that can bring in his own staff. I want no more of the yearly sacrificial firing of a coach and on to the next 3-13 season with the same ol' same ol'.. man this is depressing.

If Barry or Morris were the plan all along... how annoyed must the Redskins brain trust be about the events of the last two weeks?  Sure, you could possibly sell Morris in a weak crop, but all of a sudden you have the Broncos staff, the 49ers staff, and other top names falling right at your feet.  I mean all of a sudden, Phillips is the poor man's choice.  Now, if they go Barry or Morris, we're talking about the stuff that even a starving man in the desert turns away.

Imagine how frustrating it must be coming up with a way to justify these picks and records.  Poor Jay.

Yeah to me this is the operative point:  Fangio (possibly), Donatell, LeBeau, Phillips, Schwartz, etc are all out there.  And they are going to try to sell that the best choices are the guy, that had the 32nd ranked defense both years he was a D coordinator, that no other team is talking about and Raheem Morris are better.  Because that's essentially what they would be saying.  Otherwise what they are saying is nepotism is more important than winning.

The one upside if this goes down is it will be another example of the FO NOT winning off the field.  The media will have a field day.  The script will write itself all season long, well the defenses is struggling but what do you expect considering the D coordinator and then they will flash the stats of the D coordinators that the Redskins rejected.    It's a PR debacle unless they get lucky and hit lightening in a bottle. 

You might be right about that but that would be a bad idea in my opinion. We all saw how successful Has was with little 3-4 experience.

Has actually was the Steelers DC for a few years running LeBeau's 3-4. He had experience with it. He just wasn't that great with it. The defense got worse each proceeding year.

I'm not in the camp of let them burn out another season and we'll reset next year, because for 1 there is no guarantee that will happen and 2 the small core of good defensive players that we have and this years draft picks will have to suffer another year of bad coaching..

Get them all out of here right now or hire a legit DC that can bring in his own staff. I want no more of the yearly sacrificial firing of a coach and on to the next 3-13 season with the same ol' same ol'.. man this is depressing.

I don't think anyone is in the camp to let the burn another year.

But I think that's the reality.

Yeah, lets hire a guy who his 2 years as DC had the worst defense in the league. Genius.

So are we going to a 4-3 then? Lions didnt run a 3-4.

Yeah, lets hire a guy who his 2 years as DC had the worst defense in the league. Genius.

@TMM75 @Russellmania980 @Rich_TandlerCSN Hard to get excited unless the unspectacular in SD was anomaly.

So many great options out there and we go with a guy who has sucked when he was a DC...

I've been on the 80% of me wants Jay gone in 2016 bandwagon for awhile, holding out a little hope.  Now am all in, 100% I hope he's gone.   You got a bevy of top flight D coordinators available and he goes for a wild card -- the guy who was D coordinator for 2 years, both years the D ranked 32.  The guy that the Detroit press had to can a reporter for mocking.    But heck, Jay knows him from Tampa, Bruce knows him too, I bet they will have a few beers and a laugh tonight about it, that's more important than winning.  

He took the Carnegie course on interviewing and resume' prep? 

Ok, what are the positives with Joe Barry?  Are we down on him because he's one of Bruce's boys?  Someone help me here. 

Heard it was good too "@Rich_TandlerCSN: I’ve heard that Joe Barry blew them away with his interview last week."

@Russellmania980 @Rich_TandlerCSN Joe Barry, from what some have told me, was extremely well regarded & sought after in the college circles

Smh RT @Steveospeak: a lot of "Joker" TE'S are very happy about this pairing

#2015Redskins

B7UU09fIMAACNW9.png

He took the Carnegie course on interviewing and resume' prep? 

Heard it was good too "@Rich_TandlerCSN: I’ve heard that Joe Barry blew them away with his interview last week."

@Russellmania980 @Rich_TandlerCSN Joe Barry, from what some have told me, was extremely well regarded & sought after in the college circles

Smh RT @Steveospeak: a lot of "Joker" TE'S are very happy about this pairing

This really sucks...the only good thing we can say about him is he potentially had suitors in NCAA?  Yikes....might come a point next season where we wish Haz was still calling the shots. 

@Russellmania980 @Rich_TandlerCSN Barry has built a lot of good relationships with several major colleges. Don't know if that means much

Joe Barry shouldn't be raked over the coals for 2008. There's more to him than that. Is anyone burying Wade over having the worst D in 1981?

@TMM75 Please keep it going, please keep the facts coming, I am having trouble with this on the outset.

This.... "@ESPNRadio980: High ranking #Redskins source "NO decision has been made." On Joe Barry & Defensive Coordinator spot

WE'll see how good his source is now, now that Jim has left the building

Breaking News.//////Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980  33s

This.... "@ESPNRadio980: High ranking #Redskins source "NO decision has been made." On Joe Barry & Defensive Coordinator spot

Doesn't mean it still won't be barry; makes sense. heard good things about his interview. has energy. But just that nothing is final

Per @RapSheet - #Redskins plan on hiring Joe Barry as DC.. But I am told by league source no decision has been made.. #RedskinsTalk

Somebody get WOLF over to the Situation room, as this can't be denied nor confirmed....... Joe Barry, what's happening Wolf///?

Quick, someone talk me into Joe Barry

Here have a puppy....

winner9.jpg

Joe Barry worked under Rod Marinelli who just got a lot out of that Cowboys defense..they run the same Tampa 2 concepts. That's all I got.

If he's the guy, Joe Barry, as has been well documented, has ties here: Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden, Raheem Morris, Doug Williams. Tampa North.

One thing you really begin to understand is that most teams don't really care about winning in and of itself; they care about winning their way, with their guys, even if their guys are unlikely to get the job done.  It's sickening.  Snyder and Allen need to sit down, read, and internalize the book Team of Rivals.

Archived