Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Gruden got no honeymoon--

Burgold

..... As for your claims of regression due to Gruden, they are a figment of your imagination. Its a claim you cannot prove in any way shape or form..,,,

Did you just write that with a straight face Michael?

Off the top of my head:

Sacks are up.

Third down percentage is historically bad.

RZ offence is non existent.

PPG are down on last years pathetic showing.

All with an easier schedule than last year. All with a HC who's forte is supposedly offense.

And that's before you even begin to start on the defense with a DC he gave his blessing to. And still backs. Or before you get into individual players who have gone backwards from last year.

But all that regression ISN'T on Gruden and can't be proved outside of it being a figment of my imagination?

Seriously?

Mad by name. Mad by nature.

Hail.

I wonder if Darrell Bevell had a really bad interview because I don't see how you don't hire an O-coordinator who has already proven that he can design an offense for a mobile QB like Robert, but instead you hire a different O-coordinator who worked with Andy Dalton a more traditional QB.

It makes no sense to me other than Gruden was getting the job from the get-go.

It makes no sense to me other than Gruden was getting the job from the get-go.

The whole damn 'process' was non-existent and a complete sham.

And now we're set to compound it by keeping him on for another year. Which apparently is good because it shows continuity.

ES. The only place where continuity of inept failure could be applauded.

Hail.

I really think this all falls on Bruce Allen.  He assembled the roster and the coaching staff.  Dan Snyder doesn't seem to realize that the coach isn't the end all be all.  There is only so much Joe Gibbs magic.  My point is the Redskins in their glory years had Bobby Bethard who assembled a great team.  I don't think Casserly deserves much credit.  Bruce Allen is no Bethard. Not by a long shot

We have no 'failure' in anything. 

Most EVERYTHING you under pin with Robert and bring back to him. 

HOWEVER you try dress it up and throw something else in there. 

When most ALL players have regressed, when WE have regressed, that's NOT a talent issue. That's a COACHING issue. You honestly think those picks used on Robert would be making THAT much of a difference to this current shambles?

Again, no doubt we have a serious lack of top end talent on the playing side.

But we have EQUALLY as bad, if not worse, Coaching 'talent' from the head man on down.

Come back tomorrow when the final stats are in and I'll go through just HOW bad and just HOW much Gruden has regressed/ set this team back. And that's not to excuse Allen and co for the piss poor way this roster has been built either.

Hail.  

Funny thing, the players who didn't regress or couldn't regress were the ones not on the roster before he got here.  

The amount of penalties is indicative of poor coaching.

The indiscipline is also indicative of poor coaching. 

Can someone please tell me the identity of this team?  

Gruden is busy being hyper critical of Robert.  What is his own excuse?  You (Gruden) come off a bye-week stinking up the joint.  

Because of 2012. People thought 2013 was caused by a meltdown centered on Shanahan. Remember the claims that Shanahan meddled with the defense? That he never wanted RG3 and benched him for personal reasons? With "the problem" out people thought we would see what this team, and this QB, could really do. I don't think fans truly accepted that this team was a 3 win team. Just look at the trash talk before games against Houston and Jacksonville. Fans thought this team was something greater than a bottom feeder.

Guess what, the redskins are **** and 2013 wasn't an aberration. We know that now and people want to blame someone. Blame Dan Snyder for continuing to produce garbage and blame yourself for expecting anything but failure.

I'm sure they'll figure it out next year because Dan Snyder has learned from this mistake. I can't wait to see those threads popping up in august.

I'm starting to think Gruden might not actually be safe...

Blown out at home by our arch-rivals, in front of Gibbs who's sitting right next to Snyder...

Come on Snyder, do it. Go home, drink some Crown Royal, fire everyone, hire a consultant to find a real GM...

Do it! Do it!

So the only failure this year is 10? Or/ and EVERY other failure is on Robert too and stems from his poor play?

THAT'S the latest Gruden defense?

Hail.

Overall the failure is on Dan and Bruce. With Haz and Morris having their hand in the fiasco. The failure for offense is without a doubt on 10 -And- the idiot coach that YOU wanted who didn't teach him a damn thing about playing QB in the NFL.

If there's one person who has no right to criticize the head coach it is you my friend.

Lol ...Art Briles

Jay could have easily adopted a 'development' approach with Griffin but instead took a 'win now' approach then proceeded not to win. Even without Griffin.

You're still that damn clueles about your pet QB? On the sack fumble for a TD Robert only had to slide to the left and pick up 7 yards. Keep dreaming. Number 10 is not an NFL QB.

Overall the failure is on Dan and Bruce. With Haz and Morris having their hand in the fiasco. The failure for offense is without a doubt on 10 -And- the idiot coach that YOU wanted who didn't teach him a damn thing about playing QB in the NFL.

If there's one person who has no right to criticize the head coach it is you my friend.

Lol ...Art Briles

This coming from the '30 year' Coach who showed a complete lack of football acumen in the Briles thread at the start of the year in exactly what goes on in Waco and as such got ripped by many more savvy football minds than myself on here.

Yeah Thomas, you keep on laughing.

I'm starting to think Gruden might not actually be safe...

Blown out at home by our arch-rivals, in front of Gibbs who's sitting right next to Snyder...

Come on Snyder, do it. Go home, drink some Crown Royal, fire everyone, hire a consultant to find a real GM...

Do it! Do it!

I love you Conn man but playing with my emotions like this is NOT cool! :angry:.

Hail.

Let's make it simple GHH. How many good NFL QBs has Briles sent to the NFL?

To go a step further how man zone read QBs are worth a damn that aren't lucky enough to have a top defense, special teams, and a Beast mode in the backfield?

dont even waste time on dude.

RG3 sucks.

Gruden sucks.

Allen sucks.

Snyder sucks.

This franchise sucks.

Fin.

Let's make it simple GHH. How many good NFL QBs has Briles sent to the NFL?

To go a step further how man zone read QBs are worth a damn that aren't lucky enough to have a top defense, special teams, and a Beast mode in the backfield?

Way to denigrate the kid he and Montgomery turned into a Heisman winner.

With again having little comprehension as to what goes on in Waco.

As always, what is the point with you on this?

Hail.

Can I ask this: How many of you think he is currently a good QB?

Average overall as a pocket passer (behind this OL) which is expected since 2013/2014 has been about DEVELOPING HIM into a pocket passer. Mix in the spread/RO/athleticism I think he is good- look at the TD run today. Mix in 2012 and it's worth evaluating further- maybe behind an OL designed for pocket passing. In fact that should have probably been done first rather than adjust the QB before the OL. Cart before the horse.

Can I ask this: How many of you think he is currently a good QB?

You'd have to really lower the bar for how we define "good" in order to claim RG3 is a good QB.  He's not anywhere close to good.  A good QB can throw a receiver open, can read defenses presnap and adjust his protection, and can throw the ball with anticipation before a wide comes open.  RG3 does none of those things.  He can accurately throw the ball to open receivers, when he sees them, and he has tremendous natural talent (arm strength and straight line speed).  He has potential but after three years in the league the mental aspect of the game continues to elude him and, worse yet, he's not showing progress.   

This organization will remain in last place with this owner. Danny is just a moron, who is still confused after 15 years of ownership about running a successful team. The FO is a joke. Allen shouldn't be anywhere near a pro team. The scouting department is laughable bad. Just look at our draft history and FA signings. Coaches suck and players suck.

There are only a handful of players worth keeping. I would keep the following:

T. Williams

D. Jackson

A. Morris

R. Kerrigan

Baker

Breeland

Way

Forbath

That's it. Jordan Reed is injury prone and can't be relied upon to play 14+ games. Same goes for K. Robinson. 

Way to denigrate the kid he and Montgomery turned into a Heisman winner.

With again having little comprehension as to what goes on in Waco.

As always, what is the point with you on this?

Hail.

You're going with the Heisman card?! Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, Matt Leinart, etc. being a Heisman QB is like the kiss of death. Totally different game. NFL and college are night and day.

Archived