Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here come the Cowboys fans!

Boss_Hogg

The Cowboys Nation takes a lot of crap for being a bunch of frontrunners, and there is more than a grain of truth to it.

Seriously, please do not compare the bandwagon fan base that is pukeland with other teams.  Of course they have some true core fans, but they have far more bandwagon fans.  We have debated this in the past in the ATN, and it has always been clear they have bandwagon fans everywhere.  In fact, I remember more drive by puke fans than any other team in the ATN.

To be honest, the best Cowboys fans I met were the ones I met at the game in Dallas in 2006.  They were much more humble, realistic, courteous, etc etc etc.....then the Cowboys fans I run into on a daily basis up here in Northern California. 

I grew up in the 90's so it was the era of the 3 Superbowl titles and I knew so many people my age that I saw put jackets of other teams in the closet only to have a brand new Cowboys jacket the following Winter.  It was a real wake up call as to what a casual sports fan is. Still to this day whenever I encounter a Cowboy's fan that is in my general age range, it takes me a bit of getting to "know" them before I am convinced they weren't a fan of a different team before the mid-90's.  I think they are only outdone by Yankees fans as a Yankees hat is pretty much the default fashion accessory for when you want to scream "I don't actually watch baseball"

Seriously, please do not compare the bandwagon fan base that is pukeland with other teams.  Of course they have some true core fans, but they have far more bandwagon fans.  We have debated this in the past in the ATN, and it has always been clear they have bandwagon fans everywhere.  In fact, I remember more drive by puke fans than any other team in the ATN.

I never denied that the Cowboys have a larger frontrunner base. They have the largest national/global fanbase and that frontrunner crap goes with the territory. If that upsets you, so be it. But how does any of that make any fan of any other team superior? It seems like a silly thing to worry about, if you ask me. 

I never denied that the Cowboys have a larger frontrunner base. They have the largest national/global fanbase and that frontrunner crap goes with the territory. If that upsets you, so be it. But how does any of that make any fan of any other team superior? It seems like a silly thing to worry about, if you ask me. 

Don't take what I said as concern or worry.  If I applied that, it was not my intention.  I was simply calling a spade a spade.

They are every where! I have a good friend whose a die hard Cowboys fan and even he says the majority of their "fans" are ridiculous. Of course in the same breath he said they were going to the SB this year..I was like "really dude?..You think your team is that good?". They're better than last season, better than everyone in the NFC east this year but that doesn't say they're good enough for the SB.  Anything is possible I suppose. I will be glad when they lose in the first round so they can sit down in a corner somewhere and shut up! Stupid Romo and his jock worshippers! UGH!

Ok I feel better now..LOL

Just like any fanbase you have your die hards and folks who actually follow and care about the team and your frontrunning bandwagoners. The Boys, Steelers, and probably the Giants seem to have the largest concentration of those frontrunners here in the DMV at least. I've met some folks that started rooting for them in the early 90s when they were kids for one reason or another whether it be them having been the only team on TV every week at that time or they just liked the colors as a five year old or whatever and they have never deterred which I ultimately respect. Outside of the hometown factor it really makes them not much different than any of us. But the nimrods walking around NOVA in their Bryant jersey with the tag still hanging off the sleeve are the ones that drive me and obviously the rest of the local Skins fans crazy. It really makes those of you who just care about your team and not in it  specifically for annoying other fans look terrible. But you also tend to be easier to spot in a crowd of them.

We should also remember that although it may feel like a parallel universe type of scenario, I'm sure Dallas has PLENTY of frontrunning Skins fans who root for the team for all the wrong reasons just like the people we don't like around here do.

I've found most of the Boys fans actually from Texas usually end up being pretty cool. In 2012 when we played for the division we had a family of Boys fans sitting in our section behind us that drove all the way up from Texas specifically for that game. They were awesome.

Isn't this the same for every fanbase? I mean you're not going to see people walking around saying, "Bucs are awesome!", are you? How many Redskins fans are quite as a mouse right now but would be squawking like mad if they'd won the division?

The Cowboys have exceeded expectations this year and as a fan I've suffered through the last few years seeing them fall short by one game. Excuse us for enjoying the moment, lol.

I didn't notice it until this morning at the gym. Guys I've seen there for years and I had no idea where Dallas fans....all decked out in what looked like brand new gear. I just smiled and shook my head like "Yeah dude, you never said a peep to me when I had a Skins hat or whatever on"

I mean I don't get what's wrong with wearing Gear when your team is kicking ass...

You can't just assume they're all bandwagoners

Hell, I barely wear any gear with my teams on it because it doesn't really fit how I dress. But after a big win, I'll throw something on or wear a hat

I mean I don't get what's wrong with wearing Gear when your team is kicking ass...

You can't just assume they're all bandwagoners

Hell, I barely wear any gear with my teams on it because it doesn't really fit how I dress. But after a big win, I'll throw something on or wear a hat

Gear? No. Brand new looking like they didn't even wash before wearing because it still has the creases from being folded? Yes...that's lame. 

Hey congrats to real fans who stuck by their teams through thick and thin. Boo-urns on the "fans" who don't acknowledge their team during sports conversations until they win a division. 

I make my way to Baltimore once every 2 years or so.  Amazing in 2010 walking around the harbor seeing all the Skins gear and RG3 jerseys everywhere.  Been to Baltimore since then.....rarely saw anything.  What is the difference?  We really need to pretend we are a superior fanbase because the Cowboys are all of a sudden wearing gear?  This is every fanbase, I can't even believe this is a discussion.

The Redskins may be the worst team in the nfl and possibly the worst franchise in professional sports.

However at if this very moment, I'm sitting at a pizzeria in a Baltimore area mall with my Skins camo hat and redskins lanyard. I still sport my skins license plate border on my truck and wear a skins polo to work every Monday.

We suck ass, but I will always fly the colors.

Isn't this the same for every fanbase? I mean you're not going to see people walking around saying, "Bucs are awesome!", are you? How many Redskins fans are quiet as a mouse right now but would be squawking like mad if they'd won the division?

The Cowboys have exceeded expectations this year and as a fan I've suffered through the last few years seeing them fall short by one game. Excuse us for enjoying the moment, lol.

Exactly! 

I don't buy this idea that Cowboys fans are fickle and change teams like underwear. Yeah, like maybe if they're 12 or something. This is just another one of those myths being perpetuated by Cowboys haters. It's kind of lame, actually. 

Serious Cowboys fans, the ones that recognize that this year's team has at least a few flaws and can be beaten on any given Sunday, have a reason to feel good. I think in all likelihood, the wheels will come off somewhere in the playoffs. I'm actually shocked that we got over the 8-8 hump and didn't finish with a losing record. 

If any Skins fan disagrees with that, then I must ask the question: what happened to all of those RGIII jerseys that were everywhere in 2012? Just saying... :)

This isnt a win or go home situation for dallas though

It's a win for homefield advantage though. Hopefully we kick their asses & they get to go onto Green Bay who'll send them back on the couch with the rest of our Division. :)

It's a win for homefield advantage though. Hopefully we kick their asses & they get to go onto Green Bay who'll send them back on the couch with the rest of our Division. :)

The Cowboys have to win to have a chance at a wild-card round bye, but a lot of other stuff has to happen for that chance to become a reality.  I hope Dallas plays its starters the entire game, but in the back of their minds I think they realize they'll be playing in that opening round.

The Cowboys have to win to have a chance at a wild-card round bye, but a lot of other stuff has to happen for that chance to become a reality.  I hope Dallas plays its starters the entire game, but in the back of their minds I think they realize they'll be playing in that opening round.

Yeah I may have a conversation from earlier screwed up with some of that. I'm blaming it on the painkillers they've got me on for a torn bicep tendon. Ripped that **** right off the bone at the elbow. Fun times:).

Believe me. We cannot stand these guys either.

Been a fan since birth in 1984. Been through the good (90s), the bad (2000s) and hopefully the good again.

I had a friend actually say to me "Hey. At least I can start buying Cowboys gear again." I just shook my head.

I rock my jersey 16 games a year (yeah 16. We never make the playoffs). Regardless if we're 0-16 or 16-0.

Hey Boss_Hog. I now need to change my user name to Marco Murray 29. Hahaha

Doesn't seems any different than any other fanbase really.

It seems we've had the same conversations about Ravens, Eagles. Seattle etc before.

Sure there are bandwagons, more with Dallas because they are the most popular similar to Yankees in that regard but oh well. If the Redskins were a contender we'd have the same being said about us.

Doesn't bother me.

Archived