Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here come the Cowboys fans!

Boss_Hogg

I rock my jersey 16 games a year (yeah 16. We never make the playoffs). Regardless if we're 0-16 or 16-0.

So that's what, 4 Pre Season games, first 12 regular season games & then no jersey in December, right? :P

What this thread teaches you is that all fans live in their own bubble of bias, hate, homerism and perception. Dallas is a storied franchise with a strong national following. This thread is simply hatred of a rivals success. The only time you get the truth from fans is through the game threads which is why I love to read them. I've been a member of this site since 2005 and a Cowboys fan since 1980. Any amount of success always feels sweeter when you've suffered through rough times. Placing all Cowboys fans in some broad sweeping generalized category sitting at 4-11 just makes you look bad imo.

I just wish they'd played a team that gave a crap about winning. Once Indy did the fake punt, I knew they were mailing it in. Then came all the drops, so it was painfully obvious Dallas was gonna "Luck" into a playoff slot. I hope they don't think Skins Nation will lay down, we're coming out there for the sweep and a wake up call, Dallas is going nowhere this season. 

Listen, every team has their bandwagon fans. In 2012 there weren't many skins fans till week 11, then boom! Tons of front running Redskins fans. Now that the Redskins are in last place again I don't see anymore bandwagon fans.

Oh, and thanks for beating Philly.

I reside in LA & our Redskins bar still fills up every Sunday. Still see rabdoms (a lot of DC transplants out here in Manhattan Beach) rockin' their gear & others saying HTTR when they see me in my gear. I have a scarf laid out in the back door of my Mini for all to see, & people always ask me my thoughts at the places i frequent.

I have friends all over FB who are Cowboys "fans" who haven't so much as said a word in reply to questions or comments for the last 5 years...nor have they posted their regalia or propaganda. This year...as soon as they beat Seattle? Whoah nelly. Then radio silence after we beat them... then, after last weekend it was like they already won the SB...why even have teh paloffs? Just this week i have seen more gear than i have since pretty much every preseason when they practice up this way. There's even a girl at my work who used to sit next to me & has been at my office for 6 years. I couldn't remember her even discussing football, much less supporting a team. All this week she has worn her Cowboys hoody, & so i jibed her a little saying when did she become a fan? She reminded me that she told me 6 years ago. THAT'S how often she's supported her team...6 years...couldn't even begin to remember that fact about her.

We Redskins fans take a lot of heat...but our placement on the Forbes list of most valuable franchises is not buoyed by a multi-billion dollar amusement park, international love for the sport (see Madrid, ManUre), or recent sustained success over many decades. It is wholly upheld by this masochist fan base & their hard-earned dollar.

I think a hard look at any value data would.show which fan base shows up the most consistently throughout the good weather, & the ****tiest ****-stormy weather any francjise has ever had to bear.

Sometimes i really hate that i ever fell in love with this miserable franchise, but some days i get to reflect & remind myself that at least i'm not associated with that bunch of glory marauding fairweathered nomads.

Just my experience though...i guess.

The game means nothing for Dalkas. The ONLY way beating us helps them is if the Packers-Lions game ends in a tie. Otherwise the outcome of our game is meaningless. Garrett says they plan to play the starters--I think it's a mistake unless they just make a token appearance. We can't help or hurt Dallas Sunday.

The game means nothing for Dalkas. The ONLY way beating us helps them is if the Packers-Lions game ends in a tie. Otherwise the outcome of our game is meaningless. Garrett says they plan to play the starters--I think it's a mistake unless they just make a token appearance. We can't help or hurt Dallas Sunday.

The Cowboys are the 2nd youngest team in the league. Garrett knows he can't just tell a bunch of young pups, who have busted their tails off for him all season, to just suddenly coast in the last game of the season. The vets of the team, like Romo and Witten, know the importance for these guys to keep playing. The Cowboys aren't going to make the same mistake they did in 2007 with Wade "Cupcake" Phillips. 

The Cowboys are the 2nd youngest team in the league. Garrett knows he can't just tell a bunch of young pups, who have busted their tails off for him all season, to just suddenly coast in the last game of the season. The vets of the team, like romoSUCKS and Witten, know the importance for these guys to keep playing. The Cowboys aren't going to make the same mistake they did in 2007 with Wade "Cupcake" Phillips.

Regardless of whether or not they play the regulars and/or if they are fully motivated, the game has no bearing on their standing. So for me, I just don't care. I wouldn't care much anyway, but I'd care a little if we had a chance to make one last impression on the season. But we don't. I was hoping for a reason to watch, but for me, there just isn't one.

There've been a lot of Cowboy teams deserving of clowning, this wouldn't be one of them.  Two guys playing at an MVP level (romoSUCKS and Murray), a defense with all-time low expectations that got coached up to at least be serviceable (imagine that), an OL with 3 drafted Pro Bowlers, all under the age of 24. 

Johnny Come Lately frontrunners are always annoying, but let's not act like they're not the 2012 version of us, only better.  I would expect the fanbase to react accordingly. 

Regardless of whether or not they play the regulars and/or if they are fully motivated, the game has no bearing on their standing. So for me, I just don't care. I wouldn't care much anyway, but I'd care a little if we had a chance to make one last impression on the season. But we don't. I was hoping for a reason to watch, but for me, there just isn't one.

The one thing that Redskins fans can count on is their team showing up for a Cowboys game. The Redskins are really in a no-lose situation here. They can afford to bring the house and play lights out. The Cowboys have to protect Romo to have any chance of success in the playoffs. In fact, I can very well see the Skins selling out on the blitz no matter what the score is. 

Giving Cowboys fans a hard time is truly one of life's greatest pleasures. I just hope to have that opportunity sooner rather than later this post-season. I think Romo is still Romo (despite all the Cowboys fans regurgitating made-up ESPN statistics and whatever else to convince themselves that he's the greatest QB in history), and I know he has a 4-picks-at-critical-moments meltdown in him that he's been holding back all season. They had better hope it comes this week or else that meltdown is coming in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to the game this week, no matter the playoff implications or lack thereof. On the day of the previous 'Pukes game this season, I was in a laundry bind and ended up wearing eerily Dallas-ish blue and gray clothes to work, and then to a friends place to watch the game. The reverse jinx worked, so this week I'm bringing some Shiner beer to tailgate at FedEx. If I wind up talking to some Pukes fans in the lot tomorrow, I'm going to tell them that I brought the Shiner because I thought something here should actually be from Texas since we know none of the Cowboys fans are.

Whenever I meet a C*wboy fan, I ask them one simple question: From where in the Metroplex do you hail?  If they're from D*llas, that's simply their misfortune and I applaud them rooting for their hometown team.  However, most of the time I hear they're from somewhere else that has an NFL franchise and they just like "winning" football.  And THOSE are the people I can't stand.

Whenever I meet a C*wboy fan, I ask them one simple question: From where in the Metroplex do you hail?  If they're from D*llas, that's simply their misfortune and I applaud them rooting for their hometown team.  However, most of the time I hear they're from somewhere else that has an NFL franchise and they just like "winning" football.  And THOSE are the people I can't stand.

Yup.  EVERY Dallas fan I know is like that.  I've got a neighbor who's from upstate NY and he's a Dallas fan, a cousin from this area who's a Dallas fan, and a sister-in-law from Chicago, also a Dallas fan - all a bunch of bandwagon riders who jumped aboard in the '90's because they were winning.  One of them didn't even know why the no. 12 jersey was so popular with Dallas fans. 

a bunch of bandwagon riders who jumped aboard in the '90's because they were winning.

My question is if every Cowboys fan is a "bandwagon jumper"...  why didn't we switch to another team after the triplets era?  We've been very average at best since coming off 4 straight years missing the postseason?  What bandwagon jumper sticks around for this? 

Archived