Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Robert, there should be no off-season

GoldSkinner

He's also sacked less than McCoy.  What's your point?  The line still sucks.

I just don't see it. The offense in the second half last week couldn't even get a first down. He was throwing the ball 5 feet over Jackson's head on a wr screen. The line is terrible. He makes the line worse than it is. Griffin is a great athlete, a track athlete, but he doesn't have great quarterbacking skills. I wish I was wrong but the proof is in the on field results.

Tomorrow, I want to see Griffin slice up the Eagles defense, like Kirk did. Since he's so talented, he should be able to do what Kirk can do. Since Philly has a bad D he should have a great game. He's even got Reed tomorrow. Kirk didn't.

Philly is a high scoring O that our D won't be able to contain which means we'll have to abandon a running game early.  All the Eagles have to do that is turn up the pass rush.

Kirk had a healthy Trent Williams also. Griffin's going to have a banged up one. 

I just don't see it. The offense in the second half last week couldn't even get a first down. He was throwing the ball 5 feet over Jackson's head on a wr screen. The line is terrible. He makes the line worse than it is. Griffin is a great athlete, a track athlete, but he doesn't have great quarterbacking skills. I wish I was wrong but the proof is in the on field results.

Tomorrow, I want to see Griffin slice up the Eagles defense, like Kirk did. Since he's so talented, he should be able to do what Kirk can do. Since Philly has a bad D he should have a great game. He's even got Reed tomorrow. Kirk didn't.

Griffin was also light years better against the Giants than Kirk was. These comparisons literally mean nothing.

Why does everything with you have to be about Griffin VERSUS Kirk?  It doesn't have to be that way.  You keep putting Griffin down to prop Kirk up, when it's completely unnecessary.  Griffin can't do what Kirk can do from the pocket; and Kirk can't do what Griffin can do with his legs.  But the point is, they BOTH have work to do. Neither one of them have shown they deserve the starting job.  Why can't we just root for whoever is behind center and hope that at least one of them show improvement?

Not proping Kirk up, he needs improve too, but I want the 2nd pick of the draft, the franchise ( or so called ) QB to start playing like it. That's all.

I agree he has been pretty bad, much worse than I thought his floor could possibly be.But it has to be a confidence thing, there's no way you go from what he was in college/as a rookie to now without something being wrong upstairs.

So hopefully he snaps out of it. He's still young, he wants to succeed, and tbh we don't have a better option at this point.

Really? Taker a look at this article. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304287-redskins-cant-pin-all-of-their-problems-on-the-offensive-line

Our OL, believe it or not, is ranked 11th in the league. They break down all the stats, and it is pretty eye opening.

There are needs on this team, but overall the OL and DL are not as bad as we think.

PLEASE just stop. 

Really? Taker a look at this article. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304287-redskins-cant-pin-all-of-their-problems-on-the-offensive-line

Our OL, believe it or not, is ranked 11th in the league. They break down all the stats, and it is pretty eye opening.

There are needs on this team, but overall the OL and DL are not as bad as we think.

This proves that stats are overrated , the only thing that matters is what i see and I see a Oline that is horrible and no QB would look good trying to play behind them including Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson.

Griffin has had the concept of what it takes to be great thrust upon him. If he hasn't he should go look and find out. If he wants to be great he'll fall in love with watching film. He'll work on fundamentals and commit pocket presence and fundamental football to memory. If he still thinks being really athletic will gain him a job then he's lost and no coach will find him. That's his story.

I don't have a problem with RG3 taking sacks because it means that he isn't turning the ball unlike Kirk Cousins, I don't care how well KC moved the team his INTs which cost us games negated all the good he did before that IMO.

Well both are bad, but if you had to choose of course you would take the sacks and that's why Kirk got benched and deservedly so.

I never liked drafting Griffin in the first place, whether it was trading to take him #2 overall or anywhere else in the draft. A frail bodied QB that had no playbook in college is not a recipe for a successful N.F.L. QB in my opinion. I will admit I bought into him somewhat in the 2012 season, but I was always mindful that his success was more a product of the offensive scheme put in by the Shanahan's to maximize his abilities more so than it was his overall capabilities of playing QB in the N.F.L. It's no argument that QB's like Griffin and Football Johnny don't have long term success in the N.F.L. and with that said, good luck to the team that is going to spend a high draft pick on Mariota from Oregon.

I'm a huge Redskin fan for 42 years and regardless of how I felt about drafting Griffin or how things have gone with him since his big rookie year, I want him to succeed and for him to prove me wrong. What true fan wouldn't want him to succeed? I'm not too proud to eat crow, I just want the Skins to win. I've just always been dubious of him being a big time N.F.L QB and so far, aside from the rookie year where the Shanahan's put in a high school/college type of offense for him, he hasn't been or shown anything close to being a big time N.F.L. QB. I don't hate Griffin at all. I think he's a high quality person and I do believe that he works hard at his craft. I just don't think he has the qualities to cut it as an N.F.L. QB and if there is anyone for me to hate over this it is the guy or guys that chose to take him to begin with.    

Griffin was also light years better against the Giants than Kirk was. These comparisons literally mean nothing.

Seriously? Light years better? 13 points, nothing remotely close to a drive the 2nd half! You say light years better! So, using your "light years better" statement then why not more than 13 points? Kirk got 14. If we want to compare both then fine, but like already stated, both have failed this year.

Most of these guys take a few weeks off and then then start working out again. Letting things heal, etc etc.

However, Robert needs to add something new this offseason to help with these injuries he's getting. Not saying yoga would solve this. But he should start there and really work on daily. 

I don't think offseason work is an issue with Griffin. Could he use some help? Yes. But all the extra coaching on how to play from the pocket won't matter if you pocket can't protect you for a 2 count.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself I suppose.....

So what is wrong with wanting the 2nd overall pick to play better in his 3rd year? You stated earlier you were middle of the road with Robert, clearly this is not the case. Many of you are EXACTLY like Dan Snyder, you let your love of past successes (2012) convince you of future wins and you won't let your Emotions go and look at things how they really are. You stand behind a QB who would be undraftable if coming out of college today, a RAW project who needs a couple years to develop, today, RG3 would not start on any NFL roster and is ONLY starting now because of injury. He has MUCH to learn, more than 2 or 3 years as a back up; people keep comparing RG3 to Steve Young, but Steve sat behind Joe for 4 years relearning how to play QB, do you think RG3 would humble himself enough to do that? Would he accept a vet minimum contract to be a backup to help him long term? What about that 5th yr option and 16 million? Does he demand that? If he does, you can't pay that and if he does demand it, you MUST let him go.

Ultimately, the ball is in RG3s court, it is 100% up to him now. If he was all in for week one, he shoul be all in just to keep playing in NFL.

RGIIIclutch.gif

Great throw without a solid plant, smart enough to draw the coverage off the TE.  Mobile with eyes down the field.  Maybe not this dramatic, but this is what I want to see from RG3.  He's proven he still has wheels, he's proven he has the arm, so maybe just maybe he can pull it together and be what we all have hoped for. 

He actually has the tools to be a pocket passer with great mobility, but they shouldn't try to force that on him this season with the horrible O-line.  Let him be mobile and make plays, but don't force him to hide in the "pocket".  Most of the time it's like that little useless pocket watch pocket on some jeans.  After he has a solid O-line, then he can become a pocket passer.

Well both are bad, but if you had to choose of course you would take the sacks and that's why Kirk got benched and deservedly so.

I would not take the sacks, at least not the way RG3 takes them, over INTs. Kirk throws INTs, true, he still has 10 TDs compared to 3 for RG3. Kirk is MUCH closer to being VERY good than RG3 at this point.

Most of these guys take a few weeks off and then then start working out again. Letting things heal, etc etc.

However, Robert needs to add something new this offseason to help with these injuries he's getting. Not saying yoga would solve this. But he should start there and really work on daily. 

I don't think offseason work is an issue with Griffin. Could he use some help? Yes. But all the extra coaching on how to play from the pocket won't matter if you pocket can't protect you for a 2 count.

Man, I hate them Gold (bright yellow) pants!

I hope Griffin spends a portion of the offseason continuing the physical therapy for his knees, legs, and ankles. I think his front line speed seems good, (though his burst of acceleration still seem bit less electric than in 2012), but his lateral sidestepping and change of direction is still a work on progress.

Part of it may simply be rediscovering his confidence in the ability of his knees to hold up, when he uses his best shake'm moves. (He seemed more elusive in 2012, and eluded a lot of would-be tacklers). If Griffin can also work on repetitions on the footwork, while exercising and adding new moves to his scrambling technique. Doing so would allow him to leverage one of the best parts of his former game-- his "escapability" and his quick bursts that gained lots of yardage as he ran upfield towards the sideline. Oh, and he can work on Sliding exercises too!

As for passing, hiring a few guys to run crossing patterns and timing patterns would allow him to retain some muscle memory during the off season-- so when the next Skins training camp comes up-- he can free up his mind on seeing the play develop and fitting into the game plan.

Seriously? Light years better? 13 points, nothing remotely close to a drive the 2nd half! You say light years better! So, using your "light years better" statement then why not more than 13 points? Kirk got 14. If we want to compare both then fine, but like already stated, both have failed this year.

Kirk threw 4 picks against the Giants so yes RGIII was light years better than him in his matchup with them.

If he's not careful, that's all he is going to have.

Life outside of football as a mid-twenties multi-millionaire would probably be pretty cool though lol

Archived