Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Robert, there should be no off-season

GoldSkinner

The comment was that a good QB makes up for offensive deficiencies and that RG3 makes it worse.  This was not the case in 2012.  

Fast forward to 2014.  All three QBs are having a bad season and are contributing to the offensive woes.  Why is that ALL on RG3?  THAT is my question.  

Why is it so difficult for everyone that hangs on to "2012" so much that THEN he was Robert Griffin III, not the "RG3" yet?  The dude was given the world after that season and it has most definitely been a net negative and a contributing factor to the person we see today.

The guy was given the world? What does that even mean? 

Leave him alone already. He's irrelevant now. Maybe he's the starter, maybe he isn't....it doesn't matter. Three years in and he's no better than Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy....love the kid but have to be honest. Stop feeding the beast with this ********. Leave the kid alone, maybe he gets it together, maybe he doesn't but at this point he's just another guy until he can put together three solid games in a row stop with these ******* manifestos already. He's a pro, he's a terrific, terrific ATHLETE, he'll bust his *** in the offseason like he always has regardless of this ******* ******** but as far as being a consistent, efficient starter in the Mythical School of Gruden who knows? Let it happen, don't get so worked up b/c this team is total **** in every way. Continuing to pile on with Robert, who is just another QB on the roster is truly pointless.

Either you have it or you don't; Griffen can't play QB in this league no matter how hard he works because he doesn't have the ability to do so. No matter how hard I train I can never be a NFL QB myself its why so many bust in the league and why even more never get a chance to play in it. Cut our losses and move on.

HAHAHAHA!  Nice, Griffen....who's that???  Anyway, it's funny when your hatred for someone even impacts your spelling.  

10 is the Qb for now, that means I'll hope he plays well.  Just like everyone else who has dawned a Skins jersey at the Qb position.  No one debates the areas he needs to improve upon to be good, but NO ONE can argue the pieces of this TEAM are certainly no where near a competitive football team.  I'm not gonna tear apart the Oline and everything else wrong with the team, but just looking at one part makes you seem foolish.  

Here's to beating the Eagles and ruining their playoff hopes!  

HAHAHAHA! Nice, Griffen....who's that??? Anyway, it's funny when your hatred for someone even impacts your spelling.

10 is the Qb for now, that means I'll hope he plays well. Just like everyone else who has dawned a Skins jersey at the Qb position. No one debates the areas he needs to improve upon to be good, but NO ONE can argue the pieces of this TEAM are certainly no where near a competitive football team. I'm not gonna tear apart the Oline and everything else wrong with the team, but just looking at one part makes you seem foolish.

Here's to beating the Eagles and ruining their playoff hopes!

Quoting because I'm out of likes. Be careful though, everyone knows you can't be "middle of the road". You either "hate" or "love" RG3. :P

This whole topic reminds me of Jason Campbell on the forums. I'm curious where most of the people on either side of this debate would have been on the Campbell issue.

Curious, yes, but an apt comparison, no.  The line was actually decent when Campbell was playing and I think their flaws are very different.

Curious, yes, but an apt comparison, no.  The line was actually decent when Campbell was playing and I think their flaws are very different.

I was all for keeping JC over draft picks for McNugget.

Quoting because I'm out of likes. Be careful though, everyone knows you can't be "middle of the road". You either "hate" or "love" RG3. :P

I am in the "middle of the road" when it comes to RG3.

Whenever he plays I am rooting so hard for him to have a good game and succeed.

I want to see the light come on and him have a aha! moment.

In the back of my mind though I am not expecting it to happen.

I am in the "middle of the road" when it comes to RG3.

Whenever he plays I am rooting so hard for him to have a good game and succeed.

I want to see the light come on and him have a aha! moment.

In the back of my mind though I am not expecting it to happen.

I am as well.  But the tone of a lot of people here seems to be that they are actively rooting for RG3 to fail just for the opportunity to say "told ya so", which is why I am in here defending him so often.

If I'm being completely honest, a part of me is desperate to see more of Cousins because I am curious as to whether or not he can improve with more play.  But the interceptions and mental collapse that follows is much more concerning to me, than Griffin and his sacks.  Our situation sucks either way (offensive line aside) because our D isn't good enough to overcome Cousins' interceptions OR Griffin and his inability to put points on the board.  

Really? Taker a look at this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304287-redskins-cant-pin-all-of-their-problems-on-the-offensive-line

Our OL, believe it or not, is ranked 11th in the league. They break down all the stats, and it is pretty eye opening.

There are needs on this team, but overall the OL and DL are not as bad as we think.

Our OL is not the 11th best line in the league. I can see with my own two eyes that they suck. We switched QBs and the other guy got sacked 13 times in two games when RGIII was getting all the blame for the line. This is no different than PFF grading out Polumbus as one of the best RTs in the game.

I am as well.  But the tone of a lot of people here seems to be that they are actively rooting for RG3 to fail just for the opportunity to say "told ya so", which is why I am in here defending him so often.

If I'm being completely honest, a part of me is desperate to see more of Cousins because I am curious as to whether or not he can improve with more play.  But the interceptions and mental collapse that follows is much more concerning to me, than Griffin and his sacks.  Our situation sucks either way (offensive line aside) because our D isn't good enough to overcome Cousins' interceptions OR Griffin and his inability to put points on the board.  

The main difference between KC, CM and RG3 playing for me is I always seem to be holding my breath every snap RG3 takes.

Much more of a roller coaster effect.

My stress level is much higher when RG3 is in there rather than when KC or CM are playing.

Lately though there seems to be many more lows than highs with RG3.

I would so much like to see all three QBs behind a good OL so we can actually determine if any are good or not.

The main difference between KC, CM and RG3 playing for me is I always seem to be holding my breath every snap RG3 takes.

Much more of a roller coaster effect.

My stress level is much higher when RG3 is in there rather than when KC or CM are playing.

Lately though there seems to be many more lows than highs with RG3.

I would so much like to see all three QBs behind a good OL so we can actually determine if any are good or not.

Fair assessment.  The last line is the key to me.  Griffin and Cousins both have work to do; but how can you expect them to improve when they are under fire within 2 seconds, nearly every time they drop back.

Fair assessment.  The last line is the key to me.  Griffin and Cousins both have work to do; but how can you expect them to improve when they are under fire within 2 seconds, nearly every time they drop back.

Yeah it seems every snap they need to anticipate the pass rush more than the receivers getting open.

A good QB will make up for other offensive deficiencies. RG3 adds to them. Not a hater, just my observation.

I diagree strongly with your observation.  Our running game tends to do better when RG3 is in, and we have fewer turnovers.  We've also had just as many sacks in recent weeks with or without Griffin

Really? Taker a look at this article. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304287-redskins-cant-pin-all-of-their-problems-on-the-offensive-line

Our OL, believe it or not, is ranked 11th in the league. They break down all the stats, and it is pretty eye opening.

There are needs on this team, but overall the OL and DL are not as bad as we think.

or the stats are not a good indicator.  I mean the NFL uses total yds allowed as it's main ranking of defenses.  Never mind an offense that turns over the ball a lot or special teams that gives up good field position could disguise a weak D by not leaving them many yds to defend.

the way the NFL figures stats doesn't always tell you the most important things you need to know

I'm of the opinion that as soon as our season is officially over, RG3 needs to attend a passing camp like the Manning Academy or whatever for however long it takes. He needs a passing mentor like Brady had in QB guru Tom Martinez, someone to stay on him from winter to the start of mini-camps to work on his technique and fundamentals. He needs to suffer these next 2 games, then take 2-3 weeks off to rest/recover/unwind before hopping right back on the saddle all the way until Spring, and then be prepared to rip it up in camp.

Does anyone agree or is this asking too much of him?

He can go to passing camp everyday. When a pass rush is coming at him, and his first read isn't there, he crumbles. He can't make a move to buy more time and throw to his 2nd or 3rd WR. The pocket thing is something you either have or you don't have. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, Romo and a few others, all those guys have it and it's natural to them. Even Jamie's Winston. Watch that guy. He's a natural passer of the ball, not a thrower but a passer. I think he's going to be a great pro of he can grow up.

Also, what's the pay off out of all this? I mean this fan base acts like Griffin is our only option at QB. He's not.

I don't know the stats but Kirk is sacked A LOT less than Griffin.

He can go to passing camp everyday. When a pass rush is coming at him, and his first read isn't there, he crumbles. He can't make a move to buy more time and throw to his 2nd or 3rd WR. The pocket thing is something you either have or you don't have. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, romoSUCKS and a few others, all those guys have it and it's natural to them. Even Jamie's Winston. Watch that guy. He's a natural passer of the ball, not a thrower but a passer. I think he's going to be a great pro of he can grow up.

Also, what's the pay off out of all this? I mean this fan base acts like Griffin is our only option at QB. He's not.

Just about every single thing you said here is wrong. All you have to do is watch last game if you don't think he goes through his reads. Hes not as good as the other QBs you've listed (perhaps Winston) and our line is terrible (evidenced by the fact that even McCoy has been getting sacked 6 times per game the past few weeks).

All of those passers haven't always been that great in the pocket, but its actually something that can be learned.

And finding a QB is as easy as snapping your fingers? Griffin is the best talent we've had at QB since the 90's. Its not easy to find a QB, and even worse because of the holes we created in trading for him, we can't use a high draft pick on another QB for 5 years probably.

Meh he just needs to get back to football. He is thinking too much. I think he is too worried what people think of him, too worried about learning Gruden's system, too worried about how he slides, people debating whether he should run so much, injuries, sacks, reads, rumors that he selfish, working on his public image, quarterback controversy, etc, etc. He just needs to stop thinking so much and play, use his instincts and athletic talent, relax. He is pressing, trying to force things, second guessing, worrying. That's my guess anyway.

Maybe some meditation or yoga would help. Something to stay in the present moment on the field, take it one play at a time, that kind of thing.

I don't think the book is written on him yet though. He can play. He just needs to play. I think he senses this, that's what the new "have fun" mantra is about. I'm hoping he gets his mind right and things just start to click. It could happen.

Just about every single thing you said here is wrong. All you have to do is watch last game if you don't think he goes through his reads. Hes not as good as the other QBs you've listed (perhaps Winston) and our line is terrible (evidenced by the fact that even McCoy has been getting sacked 6 times per game the past few weeks).

All of those passers haven't always been that great in the pocket, but its actually something that can be learned.

And finding a QB is as easy as snapping your fingers? Griffin is the best talent we've had at QB since the 90's. Its not easy to find a QB, and even worse because of the holes we created in trading for him, we can't use a high draft pick on another QB for 5 years probably.

I just don't see it. The offense in the second half last week couldn't even get a first down. He was throwing the ball 5 feet over Jackson's head on a wr screen. The line is terrible. He makes the line worse than it is. Griffin is a great athlete, a track athlete, but he doesn't have great quarterbacking skills. I wish I was wrong but the proof is in the on field results.

Tomorrow, I want to see Griffin slice up the Eagles defense, like Kirk did. Since he's so talented, he should be able to do what Kirk can do. Since Philly has a bad D he should have a great game. He's even got Reed tomorrow. Kirk didn't.

I just don't see it. The offense in the second half last week couldn't even get a first down. He was throwing the ball 5 feet over Jackson's head on a wr screen. The line is terrible. He makes the line worse than it is. Griffin is a great athlete, a track athlete, but he doesn't have great quarterbacking skills. I wish I was wrong but the proof is in the on field results.

Tomorrow, I want to see Griffin slice up the Eagles defense, like Kirk did. Since he's so talented, he should be able to do what Kirk can do. Since Philly has a bad D he should have a great game. He's even got Reed tomorrow. Kirk didn't.

Why does everything with you have to be about Griffin VERSUS Kirk?  It doesn't have to be that way.  You keep putting Griffin down to prop Kirk up, when it's completely unnecessary.  Griffin can't do what Kirk can do from the pocket; and Kirk can't do what Griffin can do with his legs.  But the point is, they BOTH have work to do. Neither one of them have shown they deserve the starting job.  Why can't we just root for whoever is behind center and hope that at least one of them show improvement?

Archived