Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Robert, there should be no off-season

GoldSkinner

You don't give up on a 24 year old QB that you gave up the farm to get. Plain and simple.  Is he perfect? No, Can be a lot better? Yes. The talent is there. We've seen it. He has a lot of work to do but there are too many holes on this team to just give up on a guy that's not even close to his prime yet.  If he left Washington and had great success, every Skins fan would vomit. Another year isn't going to hurt. Lets see what he can do.

I'm an RG3 apologist....the reaction to his performance is laughable....it just validates my opinion that the fans and media are out to get him....they want him to fail.

Here are some of the Twitter reactions I've seen from media and fans...

1) "It was a mixed day"....really? seems like when RG3 makes a mistake, it counts as 3 mistakes.

2) On the two DJax bombs...."great adjustment by DJax"...."a better throw and it's a TD"

3) "Eagles secondary is horrible"

Here's the bottom line.....is RG3 perfect? no.....is he a great pocket passer? no....does he hold onto the ball too long at times? yes...BUT.....

RG3 is a mobile, accurate, strong armed QB; who doesn't turn the ball over....that's a lot to work with....you see what he can do when he has decent pass pro....it would be nice if the coach helped him with some better play calling....why are we only running one drift route per game?

P.S. Jason Reid is a joke!

He had a solid game. Nothing more, nothing less. Not need to send the guy to Canton off this performance. He threw some nice balls to Jackson, no need for anyone to nitpick those balls. Roberts let him down on the 3rd and long. But he also had some bad plays too, the pick....and got away with one in the red zone to Garçon. That was a pick 6 all the way that was dropped. He threw late a few times. But overall, more good than bad.

To me it looks like Gruden has simplified things. He's running on 1st down and slowing the game down. He's giving Griffin an easy game plan. But at some point, we can't keep running a high school offense. Tonight it worked.

4 weeks. My gosh, such a long time. Then again, for someone accustomed to blabbering on social media that is a long time. Waiting 1 more week would have been too much to ask, I suppose.

I prefer posting on social media to stealing crab legs and standing on top of tables yelling obscenities like rapist Jameis. 

You don't give up on a 24 year old QB that you gave up the farm to get. Plain and simple.  Is he perfect? No, Can be a lot better? Yes. The talent is there. We've seen it. He has a lot of work to do but there are too many holes on this team to just give up on a guy that's not even close to his prime yet.  If he left Washington and had great success, every Skins fan would vomit. Another year isn't going to hurt. Lets see what he can do.

I would most certainly agree with this. But I would like to see him earn the job next year, instead of it being given to him.

So using this logic; how long should the raiders of kept jamarcus russell; how long should the panthers of kept clausen; to bring it even closer to home how long should we of kept campbell? If he hasn't shown anything now he will never show anything...

He had a solid game. Nothing more, nothing less. Not need tomsend the guy to Canton off this performance. He threw some nice balls to Jackson, no need for anyone to nitpick those balls. Roberts let him down on the 3rd and long. But he also had some bad plays too, the pick....and got away with one in the red zone to Garçon. That was a pick 6 all the way that was dropped. He threw late a few times. But overall, more good than bad.

To me it looks like Gruden has simplified things. He's running on 1st down and slowing the game down. He's giving Griffin an easy game plan. But at some point, we can't keep running a high school offense. Tonight it worked.

We should be running on first down. We have playmakers at wide receiver, but Morris being effective is the key to RG III being effective and vice versa 

So using this logic; how long should the raiders of kept jamarcus russell; how long should the panthers of kept clausen; to bring it even closer to home how long should we of kept campbell? If he hasn't shown anything now he will never show anything...

He won the NFC East 2 years ago and he's had 2 major injuries within those 2 years. Comparing him to Russell and Clausen is a complete joke 

I would most certainly agree with this. But I would like to see him earn the job next year, instead of it being given to him.

I don't think he will be handed anything. He's finishing the year as the starter and he's playing ok, which should give him the leg up, But he'll have to earn it imo

He won the NFC East 2 years ago and he's had 2 major injuries within those 2 years. Comparing him to Russell and Clausen is a complete joke 

I don't think he will be handed anything. He's finishing the year as the starter and he's playing ok, which should give him the leg up, But he'll have to earn it imo

He did not win it by himself. But yeah Jamarcus is a straight up bum.

He won the NFC east using a style of play which was first read or run as we know that couldn't and wont last long term. To your point the things that he is bad at are things that can't be taught no matter how much you beat him over the head with it. If every Qb could become a chise Qb with enough time then every team would already have one..

he's shown us he can lead us to a division title. he showed us yesterday against the eagles that he can win if he has help from the guys around him. i agree with Murphs56, RG3 deserves 1 more year with a better offensive line to prove he can lead us to the playoffs again like he did his 1st season. if he doesn't prove it next year, then move on.

He won the NFC east using a style of play which was first read or run as we know that couldn't and wont last long term. To your point the things that he is bad at are things that can't be taught no matter how much you beat him over the head with it. If every Qb could become a chise Qb with enough time then every team would already have one..

I'm against you on that. I believe as a young QB, the things he's bad at can be taught. You can't teach talent. I don't think you can teach Arm strength, Deep ball accuracy, velocity. He's got all those things. It's really flaws in footwork, reading coverages and pocket awareness. All of those things are very teachable 

I'm against you on that. I believe as a young QB, the things he's bad at can be taught. You can't teach talent. I don't think you can teach Arm strength, Deep ball accuracy, velocity. He's got all those things. It's really flaws in footwork, reading coverages and pocket awareness. All of those things are very teachable 

Pocket awareness; reading coverages, etc are the most diffcult things to teach in the league and what virtually every Qb bust has had problems with. How many Qb's in this league don't play because they lack natural atlethic talent? compared to the ones with cannons for arms,etc? Rg3 didn't even have a playbook in college and we are expecting him to get this things while under fire in the NFL?

Him having a full healthy season teachable, too?

Those players can actually execute their positions well and aren't on the wrong side of the learning curve like Bob. They can handle that sort of distraction.

Lol one Facebook post in a month is a distraction. Jeez, how badly does it set him back when he takes five minutes off to take a crap?

Lol one Facebook post in a month is a distraction. Jeez, how badly does it set him back when he takes five minutes off to take a crap?

plus, he made tonights post after the game...do people actually expect him to be studying the playbook or outside practicing immediately after the game to get ready for next sunday?

plus, he made tonights post after the game...do people actually expect him to be studying the playbook or outside practicing immediately after the game to get ready for next sunday?

Sadly, yes they do. Is he at home watching a movie with his wife? The nerve, he should be breaking down film and tell the wife he will catch up with her once has become a pro bowler. Because we all know everybody that posts on this board spends every free minute they have perfecting their profession

Well actually, to clarify, only the players that select fans deem "good enough" at their positions are allowed to have lives outside of football.

and got away with one in the red zone to Garçon. That was a pick 6 all the way that was dropped.

Not sure why everyone cheered and took as gospel every time Gannon ripped Griffin but when he says this particular play was Garçons fault, for not cutting his route flat and keeping inside leverage on the defender, it falls on deaf ears and is lumped in with Griffins failures.

The pick sucked, but Robert clearly still has the great arm (did he hit any deep ones like that last year, let alone twice in one game?) and showed improved patience and pocket presence. In general, I had a positive impression of that performance. We'll see how he performs next week against a superior defense.

4 weeks. My gosh, such a long time. Then again, for someone accustomed to blabbering on social media that is a long time. Waiting 1 more week would have been too much to ask, I suppose.

You're just reaching for something to complain about, man.  Stuff like that is why you're labeled a "hater".

I'm an RG3 apologist....the reaction to his performance is laughable....it just validates my opinion that the fans and media are out to get him....they want him to fail.

Here are some of the Twitter reactions I've seen from media and fans...

1)  "It was a mixed day"....really?   seems like when RG3 makes a mistake, it counts as 3 mistakes.

2)  On the two DJax bombs...."great adjustment by DJax"...."a better throw and it's a TD"

3)  "Eagles secondary is horrible"

Here's the bottom line.....is RG3 perfect?  no.....is he a great pocket passer?  no....does he hold onto the ball too long at times?  yes...BUT.....

RG3 is a mobile, accurate, strong armed QB; who doesn't turn the ball over....that's a lot to work with....you see what he can do when he has decent pass pro....it would be nice if the coach helped him with some better play calling....why are we only running one drift route per game?

P.S.  Jason Reid is a joke!

Good post.   As for Jason Reid, he let the cat out of the bag this summer in an interview on 106.7 where he said his relationship with RG3 isn't good, he isn't a source for him, some history over a column.  And Jason sounded bitter about it.  Reid is the same guy who in 2012 called RG3 the Michael Jordan of football, the dude beyond liked him, he raved about him.  But now Reid is leading the bandwagon about RG3 being the next Jamarcus Russell.    On twitter last night he was still bashing RG3 and retweeted critical tweets from fans about him.

If he hasn't shown anything now he will never show anything...

See, this is the type of post that makes me think that people are lying, don't know how to write, or that Philly fans have hacked a whole bunch of accounts.

He hasn't shown anything ever?  Really?  He's hitting close to 70% of his passes this year. He showed some escape ability and long ball accuracy again. I don't want to bring back his rookie year... but if you're going to go down the road of "if he hasn't shown anything now"... This is a kid who has shown absolute greatness.  This is a kid who took a Shannahan team that before him couldn't break .500, put it on his back, and willed them into the playoffs.  This is a kid who playing on one leg last year with no offensive line got middle of the pack results.

The problem with hyperbole and spew is that people eventually decide to believe their own garbage.

The kid is a quarterback.  He needs support.  A line that could block for two seconds would be nice. Is he back to what we imagined after 2012... probably not.  Does he read defenses?  Yes.  Does he throw to the right receiver... more often than not.  Can he get gun shy and spooked by pressure... Way too often and that's what needs to get fixed. That more than anything else.  RGIII needs to learn to trust his line again. That will fix almost all of his problems.

He hasn't shown anything ever?  Really?  He's hitting close to 70% of his passes this year. He showed some escape ability and long ball accuracy again. I don't want to bring back his rookie year... but if you're going to go down the road of "if he hasn't shown anything now"... This is a kid who has shown absolute greatness.  This is a kid who took a Shannahan team that before him couldn't break .500, put it on his back, and willed them into the playoffs.  This is a kid who playing on one leg last year with no offensive line got middle of the pack results.

Before someone hops on this with "Well that was the read option offense! That doesn't count! If an offensive system is good enough, anyone can flourish!" I have two words:

Mark Sanchez.

Wow the hate for RG on this board is ridiculous.  I think those that hate him would like to see him fail, even if it costs the team a win. Remember, you are a fan of the TEAM first then the players.

The kid can't win against the haters - your hate for him is bordering on the same level of hate that you are supposed to have for our rivals (Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc). 

If you hate him that much, take your agenda driven rants to another board as this board should be for constructive debates and support for the team. The haters have lost their way.

It really does feel like a crusade and it has become distant from reality.  RGIII had two absolute stinkers against Tampa Bay and San Francisco.  I actually agreed with the decision to bench him because he was playing as if shell shocked... too afraid to make a mistake or get hit again.  Aside from those games, he's played okay to well.  What's happening around him is a bit insane too and that points to all of the changes we need: in talent, in those assessing talent, in coaching, etc.

Yesterday, the Redskins O came to play, the D didn't and actually, the Specials did okay.  With reffing that the exact polar opposite of last week's we did enough to win.  Luckily, we were able to run enough time off the board to give Haslett only one play not to muck it up.

Archived