Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Robert, there should be no off-season

GoldSkinner

You mean the same clown that graded Griffin's mechanics a "B" in the Bucs game?

What is the problem with grading his mechanics as a B?  Have you re-watched the game and graded Griffin's mechanics on each play?  Would you know what you were looking at if you tried to?

Terry Shea did not say that Griffin played a good game.  He said that his mechanics and fundamentals were solid and not the issue.  He did say that he missed open receivers and was gun shy.  I think we could all agree that those are issues Griffin has struggled with going back to 2013.  Why do we have to invent criticisms about his mechanics to further degrade him?

What is the problem with grading his mechanics as a B? Have you re-watched the game and graded Griffin's mechanics on each play? Would you know what you were looking at if you tried to?

Terry Shea did not say that Griffin played a good game. He said that his mechanics and fundamentals were solid and not the issue. He did say that he missed open receivers and was gun shy. I think we could all agree that those are issues Griffin has struggled with going back to 2013. Why do we have to invent criticisms about his mechanics to further degrade him?

Because ppl have been critical of his mechanics For a lot of his career?

He frequently throws with no base and all arm. His footwork has been destroyed many times by various critics. That's not made up. That's a big reason why he's been struggling

So what is wrong with wanting the 2nd overall pick to play better in his 3rd year? You stated earlier you were middle of the road with Robert, clearly this is not the case. Many of you are EXACTLY like Dan Snyder, you let your love of past successes (2012) convince you of future wins and you won't let your Emotions go and look at things how they really are. You stand behind a QB who would be undraftable if coming out of college today, a RAW project who needs a couple years to develop, today, RG3 would not start on any NFL roster and is ONLY starting now because of injury. He has MUCH to learn, more than 2 or 3 years as a back up; people keep comparing RG3 to Steve Young, but Steve sat behind Joe for 4 years relearning how to play QB, do you think RG3 would humble himself enough to do that? Would he accept a vet minimum contract to be a backup to help him long term? What about that 5th yr option and 16 million? Does he demand that? If he does, you can't pay that and if he does demand it, you MUST let him go.

Ultimately, the ball is in RG3s court, it is 100% up to him now. If he was all in for week one, he shoul be all in just to keep playing in NFL.

You have no idea where my mindset is.  I am indeed in the middle of the road with Robert.  But I like the guy and think he has the tools to be better than any other QB on our team.  

I do find a problem with expecting Robert to play so well in his third season.  He is on his second offense in three years.  He's sustained two significant injuries in those three years that have obviously taken a toll on his psyche.  And he's working with a coach that wants nothing to do with him.  I use 2012 as an example that Robert CAN succeed.  His accuracy, arm strength, elusiveness, and decision making was all superb that year.  If you want to believe that ALL of that was just a mirage, fine, good for you.  I don't.  I'm not "holding on" to that season.  I just believe he can get back to that level of play. 

If you really believe that Robert wouldn't start on a single team this year, you're delusional.  There are easily a handful of teams that he'd be starting on right now.  And I would be willing to bet that other coaches would be more willing to work with him than our stubborn ass of a coach.  My biggest gripe is that Jay seems like he's telling Robert "Here's my offense, run it." Instead of saying "Ok, he's having trouble in the pocket, lets design some plays he's good at to help the transition."  Just doesn't seem like he's doing enough to help Robert along, which is disappointing for a "QB guru". 

And seriously, there is no sense in talking money.  He's not getting the 5th year option.  If (big if) he comes out and wins an open competition in camp, improves during the '15 season and shows that we have something to build on, then you franchise him.  

I'm not sure when people are going to realize we were sold a bill of goods on this guy.

A one trick pony that now has a cracked hoof.

But sure, lets send him to a passing camp.  :rolleyes:

I've seen to many dam good throws by him to buy that

I'm talking about all the fans who clearly know how to fix our QB and how fiercely armed with opinions they are.

Those opinions come from guys like that tho.

Listen we all want him to succeed but at some point, he has to ya know do it.

Sure, he's screwed by playing for this team but that's how it played out for him. 

I've seen to many dam good throws by him to buy that

It's like a guy who can hit a 98 mile an hour fastball, down the middle.  Sure, there's ability but he can't do much else.  Yes he can THROW the ball.  I remember seeing him in camp his rookie year and thinking the ball just explodes out of his hand.  That doesn't mean he can execute an offense or is able to fit balls into tight windows, yet alone stand back in the pocket and deliver a pass under 1.5 seconds on a three step drop.  He's shown zero ability to do this and has regressed in a lot of areas this season.

Show me one offseason where there weren't reports of RG3 working with people to improve.

Show me the result.

The problem is, he's been training more as an athlete than a QB and what he has done has been disconnected from what coach wants.

After 3 years in the NFL how do you NOT know your proper drop for a given play?

All the excuses are fine and dandy but the production has looked like this:

2012 - good

2013 - average

2014 - bad

He's on track to being a camp fodder long shot QB.  If he doesn't show up wowing everyone with how much he's improved he's going to hit the free agent market as a bust.  His first contract year should provide ample motivation for him to work in the offseason.

Funny I have similar ratings for the O-line, average- bad- wtf...

quote name="Metskins" post="10077036" timestamp="1419092992"]It's like a guy who can hit a 98 mile an hour fastball, down the middle.  Sure, there's ability but he can't do much else.  Yes he can THROW the ball.  I remember seeing him in camp his rookie year and thinking the ball just explodes out of his hand.  That doesn't mean he can execute an offense or is able to fit balls into tight windows, yet alone stand back in the pocket and deliver a pass under 1.5 seconds on a three step drop.  He's shown zero ability to do this and has regressed in a lot of areas this season.

the three-step drop isn't the problem its when he drops back five steps and seven steps he still only has 1.5 seconds to throw the ball

what are you talking about?  he's the only player in the NFL who uses twitter!

ahh....sarcasm  detected. was about to reply saying "what...? lots of players do, idiot...".

He's back on social media. The dude is seriously addicted to it on a Chad Johnson level

didnt he say he'd be back on after the season? he lied to the media?

Those opinions come from guys like that tho.

Listen we all want him to succeed but at some point, he has to ya know do it.

Sure, he's screwed by playing for this team but that's how it played out for him. 

I hope Gruden is second guessing his stupid decision to bench him after four games and then screwing with his head. The smarter thing to have done would have been to allow him to get his confidence in this system. Now, he only has one game left.

I hope Gruden is second guessing his stupid decision to bench him after four games and then screwing with his head. The smarter thing to have done would have been to allow him to get his confidence in this system. Now, he only has one game left.

could not agree with this more.  gruden was scapegoating robert, expecting Cousins or McCoy to light it up under his system, which they failed to do.  it's taken far too long to get back to the guy that has the most talent, which is stunting his development in this system and as a QB overall.  i don't believe he learned much riding the pine.  certainly not as much as he would have learned playing football.

Archived