Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Robert, there should be no off-season

GoldSkinner

Robert was hardly great or even very good today....  But he was BETTER...   Now if he continues to work in the off season..

Gruden is the first to praise him on the sideline, and the first to yell at him..  Exactly what a a coach should do..

Hindsight is 20/20 especially through Rose colored glasses.

He's back on social media. The dude is seriously addicted to it on a Chad Johnson level

He hasn't posted anything on social media since Thanksgiving. That's some "addiction" he's got!

Just go ahead and admit it .. for whatever reason, you hate RG3. Admit it to everyone and move on. Maybe you could channel that hatred to Haslett's awful coaching!

Am I the only one who didn't expect him to come back guns blazing after dislocating his ankle?

No. You're not. Hence the reason that I thought pulling him after 4 weeks after a pretty major injury was monumentally stupid! He needs the reps and the confidence that brings. Especially after Gruden created the circus that the media fed on.

He hasn't posted anything on social media since Thanksgiving. That's some "addiction" he's got!

Just go ahead and admit it .. for whatever reason, you hate RG3. Admit it to everyone and move on. Maybe you could channel that hatred to Haslett's awful coaching!

He posted on Facebook just 3 hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/RG3?fref=nf

Most of these guys take a few weeks off and then then start working out again. Letting things heal, etc etc.

However, Robert needs to add something new this offseason to help with these injuries he's getting. Not saying yoga would solve this. But he should start there and really work on daily. 

http://ddpyoga.com/

#feelthebang

DJax, Garcon, and others have been on social media all season.  Griffin hasn't been on it much in several months.  But yeah, he's such an attention whore.  *rolls eyes*

Those players can actually execute their positions well and aren't on the wrong side of the learning curve like Bob. They can handle that sort of distraction.

could not agree with this more.  gruden was scapegoating robert, expecting Cousins or McCoy to light it up under his system, which they failed to do.  it's taken far too long to get back to the guy that has the most talent, which is stunting his development in this system and as a QB overall.  i don't believe he learned much riding the pine.  certainly not as much as he would have learned playing football.

Whatever Gruden's motive was, I think that the "time out" for Griffin benefitted him. Clearly, Griffin is the most talented but I think that the time to watch and learn helped. It appeared in the Eagles game that things are beginning to "click" for Griffin (i.e., pre-snap adjustments, movement in the pocket)...not to mention additional time to gain confidence in the ankle and moving around more confidently. This is the same OL...although they were better, nothing magical happened to improve their talent all of a sudden. I hope that Griffin and the entire offense build off of this win. There is so much more that this offense should be able to produce.

I'm of the opinion that as soon as our season is officially over, RG3 needs to attend a passing camp like the Manning Academy or whatever for however long it takes. He needs a passing mentor like Brady had in QB guru Tom Martinez, someone to stay on him from winter to the start of mini-camps to work on his technique and fundamentals. He needs to suffer these next 2 games, then take 2-3 weeks off to rest/recover/unwind before hopping right back on the saddle all the way until Spring, and then be prepared to rip it up in camp.

Does anyone agree or is this asking too much of him?

nice picture of the number 1 overall pick in your avatar.. we all know mariota will be a bust

Right. He said he's staying off social media until the end of the season, but he's relapsed. Sounds like someone who can't control his habit.

HE'S POSTED ONCE IN FOUR WEEKS!! Man, you're dense!  And what he posted was something congratulating his teammates. What a selfish **** he is!

I'm an RG3 apologist....the reaction to his performance is laughable....it just validates my opinion that the fans and media are out to get him....they want him to fail.

Here are some of the Twitter reactions I've seen from media and fans...

1)  "It was a mixed day"....really?   seems like when RG3 makes a mistake, it counts as 3 mistakes.

2)  On the two DJax bombs...."great adjustment by DJax"...."a better throw and it's a TD"

3)  "Eagles secondary is horrible"

Here's the bottom line.....is RG3 perfect?  no.....is he a great pocket passer?  no....does he hold onto the ball too long at times?  yes...BUT.....

RG3 is a mobile, accurate, strong armed QB; who doesn't turn the ball over....that's a lot to work with....you see what he can do when he has decent pass pro....it would be nice if the coach helped him with some better play calling....why are we only running one drift route per game?

P.S.  Jason Reid is a joke!

HE'S POSTED ONCE IN FOUR WEEKS!! Man, you're dense!  And what he posted was something congratulating his teammates. What a selfish **** he is!

4 weeks. My gosh, such a long time. Then again, for someone accustomed to blabbering on social media that is a long time. Waiting 1 more week would have been too much to ask, I suppose.

Ya know. After this season especially,I clearly think players AND coaches need to deload. I mean I recommend it anyway,but after a season like this,absolutely get away from football for a bit. I'd highly recommend it for fans,(including myself),after next week as well. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. 

RG3 is a mobile, accurate, strong armed QB; who doesn't turn the ball over....that's a lot to work with....you see what he can do when he has decent pass pro....it would be nice if the coach helped him with some better play calling....why are we only running one drift route per game?

P.S.  Jason Reid is a joke!

Mobile..  Not so much after injuries..

Accurate? Average if you take out the dump offs 

Strong Armed.. Yes..

Doesn't turn the ball over..   Really?  Robert has been very fumble prone.

He has talent.. But he has to learn to read defenses.. Get the ball out. and become a more accurate QB over the middle and on hook routes. You rarely see Robert releasing the ball before the WR turns around.

Jason Reid is much better than most of the hacks writing about this team.

4 weeks. My gosh, such a long time. Then again, for someone accustomed to blabbering on social media that is a long time. Waiting 1 more week would have been too much to ask, I suppose.

It's a month. You said he was posting on social media "on a Chad Johnson level." You have no idea what you are talking about.  Many athletes post on social media. But apparently, Robert can't.

yeah, he could have waited 1 more week till getting back on social media. but after a game like today to end our 6 game losing streak, i'd have gotten on twitter to congratulate my teammates as well. i dont fault him for that at all. he was happy as im sure the whole team was :)

It's a month. You said he was posting on social media "on a Chad Johnson level." You have no idea what you are talking about.  Many athletes post on social media. But apparently, Robert can't.

I said he was addicted to it on a Chad Johnson level, and the fact that he can't stay away from it for another week despite announcing that he's cutting himself off social media until the offseason proves that he's attached to it like Chad was.

And for the record, I don't like him as a player. I think he's a bust, and if by some miracle he's able to do his job and learn something as detailed as an NFL playbook, I doubt he'll last long physically to enjoy it because he doesn't have the physique to withstand the rigors of a 16-week NFL season. So he neither has the body nor the right frame of mind to be a successful NFL QB -- his ceiling is Alex Smith, a game manager at best.

Mobile..  Not so much after injuries..

Accurate? Average if you take out the dump offs 

Strong Armed.. Yes..

Doesn't turn the ball over..   Really?  Robert has been very fumble prone.

He has talent.. But he has to learn to read defenses.. Get the ball out. and become a more accurate QB over the middle and on hook routes. You rarely see Robert releasing the ball before the WR turns around.

Jason Reid is much better than most of the hacks writing about this team.

he's not mobile?  really?

When he gets adequate pass pro; he's accurate...especially downfield.

A lot of his fumbles are bad snaps or bad hand offs...many of those are not his fault, but get counted against him.    He's averaged about one turnover per game in his career....(INT's & fumbles combined)......that's very good.

Jason Reid is trying to run RG3 out of town with his nonsense.

Archived