Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Eagles Prediction Thread: Special Saturday Meltdown Edition

skins island connection

When: Saturday 4:00 p.m.

Where: FedEx Field

We are in for a treat, well, sort of. The Redskins will invite the Eagles to a special saturday game at home.

One game closer to the end of this forgettable season, one filled with turmoil, anger, and glaring gaps on all sides of the ball.

Sunday night, the Eagles lost their hold of the NFC East to Dallas, and will be looking to rebound against a Redskin team that cannot seem to get out of their own way.

The Redskins looked somewhat interested in playing the Giants this past sunday, but a second half absence of mind that a player named Odell Beckum was a budding WR cost the team dearly; well, coupled with some officiating that can be left to the imagination as strange, seemingly unfair at times.

So, what should we expect to see this saturday? Who will be the starter at QB? Griffin looked ok, but most all of his passes were short, but did have a nice looking TD run which was called back just before half, which led to a Santana Moss meltdown and subsequent ejection. The defense seemed to play ok the first half, but Beckum took over in the 2nd half and the rest was history. Once again Haslett's zone was exploited and abused.

The Eagles are a better football team, no question; but this is a divisional game, so there is a hope that it will be close, but after their loss to Dallas, I fully expect for Chip Kelly to stomp on the gas from the kick-off and not let up, to boost their confidence. I cannot see Haslett coming up with a scheme to stop much less slow down the Eagles, so it could get very ugly, very quickly, but lets hope not.

After the feathers fly [ for both teams ]

the Eagles have too much for the Redskins to match.

Redskins 23

Eagles     38

Congrats to PigskinRedskin for being the first one to correctly guess the score, a new Redskins cap is on the way for him.

We actually didn't have a bad game plan going into the first match up... we just had Perry Riley get exposed.  That said, we won't win this one, either.

I think we have little to play for.  Watching the end of the Titans game yesterday, Wisenhunt and his guys were really into that game and really wanted the win.  You could tell by looking at the sidelines.

We don't have that here.

Eagles 27

Redskins 16

We always play the Eagles close, and this team has too much pride to fold now.  Plus their QB is Mark Sanchez, people.  

Skins 17

Eagles 10

LOL if the eagles score 10 this saturday, it has to be that Chip Kelly is actually running his own offense at QB.  Even then, he probably at least puts up 21.  

When is the last time the eagles scored 10 points??  I'm not trying to bash you, but 10 points???  Just scratching my head....

Philadelphia will invade.  It will be green.  There will be 4 times that "fly eagles fly" will be sung.   Tix are over $40 for the worst seats.  That is strictly Eagles fans running up the price.

I will be watching with a bag over my head surrounded by green people at home.

Eagles 34

Redskins 13

I don't know what to think I could see the Redskins winning this game I could see the Redskins getting blown out and I could see the Redskins losing in a close game. but this team has looked so out coached the last few weeks undisciplined too many penalties

I can see us not scoring and I can see us winning a close one.

The Redskins only hope will be to get to Sanchez and hope special teams don't self destruct.

Archived