Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / 49ers Prediction Thread: Laying the Cards Out

skins island connection

When: sunday November 23rd  4:00 p.m. EST

Where: Levis Stadium

Wow, where would one begin?

Sunday. in one word, has to be cluster****. Once again, the Redskins seemed to play up or down to their opponents, but against the Bucs they simply looked lost. Upsetting, absolutely; mad, no doubt; demand change, no question about it.

This is not a good team, from top to bottom. Too many holes and needs, not only player-wise, but coaching as well. Discipline, focus, energy, has all but left this team, and seemingly are playing without enthusiasm; well, unless you consider Moss' 'you're #1' salute to some upset fans.

This week the Redskins travel to SF [ NoCal's territory ] to take on the 49ers, who are coming off a win on the east coast against the Giants. SF, although struggling a bit themselves, also have unrest at the HC position, as Harbaugh has taken some heat and many say he will not return in 2015.

But they have a good running game, a strong defense [ it almost hurt typing that ] and an attitude, and any team playing there will be in for a 60 minute fight.

Kapernik is not playing to earlier form, and while this may be a good thing, it might very well be a bad thing too.

This could be a game that gets ugly, real quick.

So now the 64 dollar question is, who shows up this sunday? After the performance against the Bucs, it is difficult to look at this team with any confidence of any player stepping up and playing good. Too many mental mistakes, a poor mentality, poor coaching, all makes a nasty recipe for disaster stew, chunky style.

Look at this game as another step in the right direction, or maybe a step closer to change. Once the 2 most dominant teams in the league who participated in 75% of the SuperBowls in the 80's, are not the same dominant teams today.

After a spirited effort, the chants for change become roars.

Redskins 13

49ers  34   

no matter how down I am about the team, I can't ever predict a loss

yes I am insane

Skins win, RG3 returns to form but is even better than before, the sun shines again.

Haslett calls a horrible defense again, but we simply outscore them as they have a meltdown.

Not impossible, though highly improbable, I'll look like a genius if I'm correct.

49ers 31

Skins. 13

Rg3 musters a field goal and gets crippled before halftime. I truly believe Griffins last down in DC gets played this Sunday. Colt leads the team to 10 points after its already too late.

I'm going to the SF area tomorrow for work and will get to listen to their side of the story. I'm sure they are looking at this as a cakewalk.

I mean you're being generous giving the redskins defense that much credit to stop them at only 34...heck Tampa put up 27 with a wide open td overthrew....I say 49ers- 45 redskins 6

I thought I was being generous giving the Redskins 13 points!

It could very well be a shut-out.

I'm just numb to everything..I laughed at that game yesterday...it was the most pitiful performance I've seen in 2 weeks..yet somehow I know we can top it...ugh

49ers........38

Skins.........17 <<generous on my part don't you think? UGH!

If the league gave a team 1 point for just showing up, the Redskins might get 1/2 point.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude to OP, as this is certainly nothing personal...but what exactly is the point of this thread?  Can we give people at least a day to talk about the game from less than 24 hours ago?  I understand everyone wants to be the person who starts a thread that everyone comments in, but way too early for this every week.

of course we win ... 

23-20 ... 

Robert has a safe but effective game. 

Kai TOOOOOTALLLY Redeems himslef, goes 3-4 on FG's. 

Alfred again picks up the slack

We force Kap into some mistakes that help us win. 

But the hero of the game? Kerrigan, he has two game changing plays that help us win. 

Book it ... its starts next week baby. 

I'm sorry if this sounds rude to OP, as this is certainly nothing personal...but what exactly is the point of this thread?  Can we give people at least a day to talk about the game from less than 24 hours ago?  I understand everyone wants to be the person who starts a thread that everyone comments in, but way too early for this every week.

No apologies needed dude, I get what you're saying.

It doesn't go over too well when we're in a funk like this, but in ways its therapy; it helps get the brain off the past game and on to another.

Oh, and if someone gets the score correct, they get a new Redskins cap, compliments of yours truly. :)  [ continental U.S. only ]

For the first time in my weekly pick em pools Im going against the Skins... I'm going back probably 30 years.

Yea, it might not seem like alot but its a seismic move in my world. For the team to start to lose me is hard to do.

Going Niners 27-17 (back door TD for Skins, anticipate spread to be around 11-12)

Edit... Spreads 8, Skins don't even cover

Archived