Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / 49ers Prediction Thread: Laying the Cards Out

skins island connection

Last week was torture watching this team w Robert behind center. For the first time in a long time I was ready to turn it off before halftime because we were so inept. Don't see anything changing this week unless Gruden yanks him.

9ers. 31

skins 13

I wouldn't be shocked if they shock us all and win this one. Or would I be doubled shocked. Two negatives make a positive? Or the Negative grounds out the positive so there is an electrical current? Or wait...

Uh.

Skins 18

49ers 16....or 48...can't decide 

Defense will play well in first half, Rob will again look completely lost and may even be replaced in 2nd half. 2nd half defense will get tired of being on the field since offense.....QB (unless Rob is benched).....is lost and can't lead offense to any points, then will give up 50 points in 1 qtr to set a new scoring record.

49ers: 64

skins: 1 (not sure how, but will find a way to create a 1 point scoring play). More likely 0 will be score.

So by the numbers, its III's 2s by 16 in 3rd at 5.

RGIII's 2 nuts getting a size 15 in the 3rd qtr around 5 p.m..

Got it.    OUCH!

so, for a 4:30 pm game, we'll be in the 3rd quarter by around 5 pm? thats one fast game!! usually we are just about entering the 2nd quarter around 5 pm. how fast is this game going to be???

Robert either sinks or he swims. I don't see any middle ground. 

No idea why, but I've a feeling he swims. 

We're gonna see RG3 play angry. His careers on the line here. 

Prediction: RG3 has his best game since 2012.

We still lose though..

Redskins 30 - 31 9ers

Faith is restored...

Why expect anything different that what we have seen to this point and most of 2013.  The team in general other than a few select players (our punter, Jackson, Robinson..) play bad.  We fans ask ourselves why our team can't perform basic football plays like most competent NFL teams.  Penalties come early and often,  Allen loses another challenge,   RG plays better than last week (hard to be worse) yet still very mediocre and repeats that the focus is on the Colts during his post game interview. 

Redskins lose 28-17 and it is revealed after the game that the focus during the week wasn't actually on the 49ers.

We still lose though..

Redskins 30 - 31 9ers

Faith is restored...

after the game headlines: "Griffin played well, but not good enough sunday". even though the defense would have given up 31 points.

The Raiders GM will be in the stands Sunday because his team loses tonight and he will want to see Bob before he trades for him.  He will be willing to give us the phone number to Jamarcus Russell and rights for Derek Carr.  J-cus will be the new spokesperson for Subway after he loses 100 lbs.  Final Score:  49ers: 42, Skins 16

We still lose though..

Redskins 30 - 31 9ers

Faith is restored...

I like your positivity -- but I just don't see it happening.  In fact, I see it possibly being as bad or worse than the game vs TB.  If Jay keeps a similar game plan with RGIII trying to run the offense in the more traditional fashion it's gonna be worse.  Rob just can't run that offense from the pocket.  The only way (I think) the Skins will even have a remote chance to compete in the game is if they (again, I can't believe I'm saying this) run read option.  I mean,..full on, 2012-style read option.  It's what Rob is comfortable with and will protect him better IF he slides when he chooses to run. 

Then hope the defense can hold on -- keep the game low scoring.  Who knows. 

so, for a 4:30 pm game, we'll be in the 3rd quarter by around 5 pm? thats one fast game!! usually we are just about entering the 2nd quarter around 5 pm. how fast is this game going to be???

Yep! Microwave football. :P

And i'm on CST so i have a little wiggle room.

Oh come on. You will be be watching, cursing, and throwing things like the rest of us

I really really do believe my dog has a tv and watches NFL Gameday, because every sunday he's nowhere to be found.

It's one thing to hope for a turnaround when your QB has actually shown signs of understanding how to be a competent to pretty good NFL QB. 

That hasn't been RG3 for almost two years now. 

When you have a game like he had last week ... I just don't know how you EVER come back from that. I hate to use the cliche, but he's been exposed since last season. The offense Kyle crafted around him, combined with his THEN freakish athletic skills (which he doesn't have anymore) were the perfect "one season only" storm. He also still had plenty of confidence. 

You get the confidence back from improvement. The problem is, "improvement" is going to be hard for him to find at this point. Half of his game is gone. He can't run like he did anymore. No one's afraid of him beating them running.  No one. The read/option thing is basically useless for this team. He now has to do what the traditional QB does ... cycle through his reads, develop a strong pocket presence, not get rattled, etc., all things he seems absolutely HORRIBLE at. I just don't see how you can start coaching this at this point. It's almost like starting from square 1 with him. 

It's clear Gruden is holding his nose and playing out this terrible string to appease Little Napoleon and Vinnie 2.0. I'm not even totally opposed to that in some ways, because it's just ridiculous to think about what we gave up for this guy, what we thought we had two years ago, and what we seem to REALLY have now. I guess there's some tiny little spark that is still hoping lightning from Odin's mountaintop will strike this guy and a light switch will go on. But the more likely scenario is that he's done. 

The only thing that gives me a LITTLE hope for the future, however, is the knowledge that EVERYTHING can change with a good quarterback at the helm. I believe in this offense. I've seen Cousins run it well when he wasn't throwing gut punching picks and fumbling. I've seen Colt run it well enough, too. I see guys open, I see plays to be made. We need someone to just MAKE what's there to be made. Yeah, we need a lot more than that, but good to great QB play can elevate ANY team, and we've had that for what, maybe 3 seasons in the last 20 years? 

Archived