Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Candy

Springfield

My memaw's chocolate covered peanuts, hands down. Yumgasm.

My grandma used to make peanut butter balls coated in chocolate. Damned if they weren't good, but they will give you diabetes.

exactly.  Take off the white tip, then the orange middle, then the yellow end.  It's strangely satisfying - like cracking your knuckles.

How the? What do you all have, hamster mouths? I eat those things by the handful.

- My grandma also used to give me an orange studded with cloves every year in my stocking for Christmas. Don't know if I was supposed to eat it, I never did.

- PF Chang I definitely remember those strawberry wrappered candies. I used to eat those. I also used to eat the home made candy like fudge I would get from trick or treating even though my mom would tell me not to. God, if I had a kid I wouldn't even let them trick or treat now, much less let them eat that crap.

- Remember how people used to give out crap like boxes of raisins to trick or treaters?

- I remember trick or treating in the dorm buildings of my local colleges when I was a kid. WTF was I thinking?

- I love Werther's Originals, but I've been going on 70 years old since I was 15.

- I also love Butterfingers. I'm going to get a big ass bag of them tonight even though I live in an apartment building and nobody trick or treats here.

- My grandma also used to give me an orange studded with cloves every year in my stocking for Christmas. Don't know if I was supposed to eat it, I never did.

I think that qualifies as abuse. 

Top 10 Worst Halloween Candy for Ruining Halloween

#4  Good and Plenty

Good-Plenty.jpg

Every child has fallen for the twisted trap that is Good & Plenty. They look tasty—the pink is probably cherry flavored, but what could the white be? You scoop a handful into your mouth to find out, chomp down, and Bam! Black liquorice.

Black liquorice is candy in the sense that someone who commits a stabbing in a hospital is a surgeon. Studies have shown that nobody under the age of 80 likes black liquorice, which is why the only way to sell it is with a diabolical disguise. You know that urban legend about psychopaths hiding razor blades in Halloween candy? They’re actually hiding black liquorice, because kids would rather eat the razors.

Fun Halloween Fact: The pink candies are dyed with K-Carmine, which is produced by crushing female cochineals (insects). This is a terrible waste, as just eating the bugs would be tastier than eating Good & Plenty.

My favorite candy, probably not the best tasting by todays standards, was something called Jamoncillo.  This is a homemade Spanish Candy.   My Grandfather used to make this for us, as a boy.   My family did not have money when I was young so we didn't have a lot of Candy to begin with.  In those days, it was a very special treat for us.  It is basically Milk and Sugar baked into a fudge.  My Grandpa would add Pinion Nuts to it and we would eat that with Atole, which is basically a hot drink made from Corn Flour, Sugar or Chocolate if you have it, with Cinnamon.  

Those were always good days for us.

And then you would gather around the radio and listen to Fibber McGee and Molly.

I dunno but I think I've eaten 10 of those little ****s today. I hate the asshole who came up with fun size

I'm saying candy though

Fun size Twix are dangerous. It feels like you are eating a cracker so you don't fully understand that you are consuming 400 calories a bite.

http://i.imgur.co.jpg

The correct answer is Heath Bar.  Or if you have extra cash lying around, See's California Brittle.

That's just because your Dad loved them.   But he was a complete Philistine when it came to candy.

I really really really despise toffee. I mean, I'd rather eat Chinese water bug stew.

Toffee is one of those things that's a love or hate thing, I don't think there is middle ground. My aunt used to send gourmet toffee from some San Francisco candy maker for Christmas, I would be pissed because my sister was in heaven and I sat there miserable

And then you would gather around the radio and listen to Fibber McGee and Molly.

No.  In Hispanic Families, I'm not sure that Fibber McGee and Molly were all that popular.   Perhaps if you'd said, "El Mentiroso Ortega y Teresa", you could have seen some modicum of success.

I dunno but I think I've eaten 10 of those little ****s today. I hate the asshole who came up with fun size

I'm saying candy though

I almost started a thread yesterday about this.  Damn Halloween candy bowls!  I am absolutely incapable of stopping myself from eating those "fun size" calorie bombs. 

I really really really despise toffee. I mean, I'd rather eat Chinese water bug stew.

Toffee is one of those things that's a love or hate thing, I don't think there is middle ground. My aunt used to send gourmet toffee from some San Francisco candy maker for Christmas, I would be pissed because my sister was in heaven and I sat there miserable

I agree with you on toffee, it's horrible.  It's right there with other "candy" that I refuse to eat like black licorice and salt water taffy. 

Was it this?

M5RhkOl.jpg

This is See's California Brittle, and it is the best candy on the planet, bar none.

I think that qualifies as abuse.

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, it's called a pomander ball. Apparently pomanders were invented in the Middle Ages for carrying around and sniffing because it was so stinky back then. Also for warding off disease during times of pestilence.

Did you grow up in Croatia?

No lie, every Christmas my grandma would host a party where the families of her remaining 12 brothers and sisters would come and we'd gather around the fireplace with our hymnals and songbooks printed in 1947 and sing carols while my closeted gay uncle led us on the piano. There was never alcohol at these parties. Just miserable grandchildren with their pomander balls.

Not quite that traumatizing, but when it happens to you as a kid,its something you can never get our of your head.

This girl was eating peanut butter at lunch back in 1st grade, and its like she was possessed by the Devil or something. She just starts hurling everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Caused one other kid to throw up too. By the time she was done, she had sprayed the table, the floor, herself, the seat she was sitting in, everything. I still remember seeing it dripping off the seat and into a puddle.

So it was more like

Not quite that traumatizing, but when it happens to you as a kid,its something you can never get our of your head.

This girl was eating peanut butter at lunch back in 1st grade, and its like she was possessed by the Devil or something. She just starts hurling everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Caused one other kid to throw up too. By the time she was done, she had sprayed the table, the floor, herself, the seat she was sitting in, everything. I still remember seeing it dripping off the seat and into a puddle.

And that awful smell of peanut butter and whatever else was inside of her body. Ever since then, I have not been able to even stand the sight of whipped peanut butter, let alone the smell. I still ate Reese's for awhile, but even then, you'd get one that had more peanut butter in it than usual, and i just had to put it down for good. Peanut butter cookies as well. 

You could probably torture me with peanut butter.

LOL, it's blue berries for me bro.  Story is about me though.  I had some stomach virus on a school trip in 5th grade, we got served blue berry muffins for breakfast.  Then we went spelunking, on the way to the caves, I got sick and puked twice, in my helmet.  I cannot and will not eat blue berries to this very day.

What makes it worse, two years ago on the way to Charleston, SC for a family trip. My daughter, who loves blue berries, ate a **** load of them, and puked them up in my car on the way down. 

Amazing how certain **** sticks with ya lol.

Archived