Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Candy

Springfield

I buy all of the seasonal Reeses offerings. They are indeed the best. I however will not eat the Reeses Pieces.

Went to the Hersheys store two days ago and had to stop myself from buying the giant peanut butter cups.

Twix is great.

Not a fan of any gummi type of stuff. Including licorice.

The Reeses Nutrageous is damn good.

Butterfingers are delicious, I do not like the cups though.

Heath bars and toffee...pretty good.

Peanut M&M's

Payday bar is underrated.

Cadbury anything...ehhh.

White Chocolate...not more than a bite or two.

Snickers...really satisfies.

Those Werthers...yes. Good stuff.

I've been to the UK. I've eaten your horrible excuses for candy. I had that disgusting Fry's Turkish Delight, and that dried out Wispa thing, and the Crunchie that is filled with fluffy honey toothpaste, and those horrible Ice Cubes that aren't even chocolate at all.

Turrribl.

Well what do you expect when you fail that catastrophically in the first place? Wouldn't touch the first three with a barge poll and never even heard of the last one.

American chocolate is generally regarded as inedible by non Americans.I wouldn't go as far as to put forward the British product as the standard to which to aspire to, though. Our continental friends put us all to shame.

Well what do you expect when you fail that catastrophically in the first place? Wouldn't touch the first three with a barge poll and never even heard of the last one.

American chocolate is generally regarded as inedible by non Americans.I wouldn't go as far as to put forward the British product as the standard to which to aspire to, though. Our continental friends put us all to shame.

The US is full of fancy-arse artisinal chocolate now, and it is as good or better than anything the Belgians or anyone else is producing, and it costs way too freaking much just like the Euro fancy stuff.

But our basic Hersheys/Mars products are just as good/bad as everyone else's bottom of the line stuff.  Better than a Wispa, anyway.  

The US is full of fancy-arse artisinal chocolate now, and it is as good or better than anything the Belgians or anyone else is producing, and it costs way too freaking much just like the Euro fancy stuff.

But our basic Hersheys/Mars products are just as good/bad as everyone else's bottom of the line stuff.  Better than a Wispa, anyway.  

In all honesty, how good can a goddamn chocolate bar actually be? I know you like to believe that these gay monks you know in San Francisco make the best chocolate/beer/haggis/figs on a plate anywhere in the free world, but there's an upper limit to most of this stuff. I really don't see all that much difference between a Hershey bar and the $36 chocolate bar that is delivered by falcon from the Amazon.

Seriously, if there's one thing British people shouldn't lecture us on, it's food in general.

Both nations succeed at some things, but are equally guilty of creating processed garbage and other monstrosities. Likewise, while British barbecues are a punchline in conversations on the topic, so too is American cheese. On the global stage, neither of our cuisines fare much differently.

I'm not talking about stuff that's well made. If something's made well from good ingredients by somebody who knows what they are doing, it will taste good no matter where it was produced.

I'm talking about the mass produced stuff that's cheap and easily available. Just because it's produced in bulk on a global scale, doesn't mean there aren't territorial differences. Chocolate is formulated differently in different countries. In Australia, it's made specifically so that you don't end up licking it out of a wrapper the moment you leave the air conditioned store, and it tastes significantly different to what I'm used to as a brit.

This article sums it up well (and also my sentiment when I referred to "British expectations" - I wasn't trying to be a snob, although point in article duly accepted :) ):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8414488.stm

That difference is what I tasted when I tried Reece's. American candy which doesn't have chocolate in it's a different matter entirely. I've got plenty of time (and stomach space) for that!

In all honesty, how good can a goddamn chocolate bar actually be? I know you like to believe that these gay monks you know in San Francisco make the best chocolate/beer/haggis/figs on a plate anywhere in the free world, but there's an upper limit to most of this stuff. I really don't see all that much difference between a Hershey bar and the $36 chocolate bar that is delivered by falcon from the Amazon.

The difference between a Hershey bar and a bar of milk chcocolate made using a decent amount of cocoa solids and fewer fillers is significant in the taste. That's not to say that people can't or shouldn't enjoy the Hershey bar. The difference between a the aforementioned milk chocolate bar and one made by naked virgins using cocoa beans excreted by a rare form of venezulan cat and milk from champagne and caviar fed pampered cows is significant in the price. In the latter case, I don't envy people whose palates are "so refined" that they can only enjoy ther very best food. Eating anything but the best must be akin to washing yourself with a 60 grit sandpaper sponge.

Snickers peanut butter is about the cream of crop now.

This! As a peanut butter fan, I have found these to be absolutely awesome! The perfect mix of sweet & salty.

And it was me who thought of putting crunchy peanut butter in Reese's cups, decades before the chocoglomorate did it. Ask my dad...he said I was a 10-year-old genius at the time.

I've lived in Belgium. They have the massed produced stuff too. Their artisanal isn't any better than the artisanal here

That is all

when i went through belgium with my wife, we bought new luggage to carry home the belgian chocolate.   We were in Belgium for 1 day out of 5 weeks in Europe.... and it was the only shopping she wanted to do :)

when i went through belgium with my wife, we bought new luggage to carry home the belgian chocolate. We were in Belgium for 1 day out of 5 weeks in Europe.... and it was the only shopping she wanted to do :)

You missed the beer and waffles both truly epic

Pfft... have one of your people trained in Paris to create handmade chocolate exactly to your liking.

yQn8QNa.jpg

xQHp3XU.jpg

KmbPWCQ.jpg

Doesn't taste any better

Just less efficient, more costly, more time consuming, and geared towards a ruling hierarchy that has money from 2000 years ago

Appalachian peasant. Art is lost on you.

Actually the photos were from my daughter at a chocolate class in Paris during a recent vacation. No-one truly makes them by hand any more because to do it right you have to work at different temperatures and it's too arduous.

Archived