Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Titans

JimmiJo

Root for Dallas today; we have less than a 10% chance either way most likely, but given a choice is rather catch them at their highest point.

Ed, if your goal merely is to "beat Dallas" just for grins, then sure.  But if you have any hope of winning the division, you want the Cowboys to lose. I honestly don't think we will sniff the playoff race and don't think we have a shot of beating the Cowboys (short of a major injury to TR and especially after our performance today), but I thought the same thing in 2012. You just never know, I guess.

Pretty sure if rak is done for the year plus his injury history and play this we could have him back for a ham sammich IF we wanted him

I disagree I think he garners a lot of respect in the league and there are other organizations and fan basses that think he is something special.  He will be someone where else next year.  If we could have him at a reasonable contract Id be happy but that won't happen and  we have already over paid him this year.

Ed, if your goal merely is to "beat Dallas" just for grins, then sure. But if you have any hope of winning the division, you want the Cowboys to lose. I honestly don't think we will sniff the playoff race and don't think we have a shot of beating the Cowboys (short of a major injury to TR and especially after our performance today), but I thought the same thing in 2012. You just never know, I guess.

I never thought we had a chance to make playoffs this year. My goal has always been to have w respectable 7-ish win season where we can feel good about our coach and future. So I'm not looking at standings at all---simply what gives us the best chance to win Monday. And while any scenerio is far fetched to say the least I think the law of averages catching them high on the horse of a six game win streak would be better for us.

I think the extended love affair is over. Can't break the bank for Rak. Second injury to peck. Hoping it's not major but realistically ended two straight sessions w/ peck injuries. Guy would be a beast off the bench strictly as a pass rusher but it's a luxury we just can't afford.

wow, just got off my train at penn station to go back to connecticutt and checked nfl.com for the score. we won!! but...19-17? seriously? against the titans? ah well, i guess i shouldnt have expected us to put up more than 20 with kirk leading the team. and i saw that we benched kirk at halftime. wow. i'll have to watch on my dvr via vulkano when i get back to my dorm.

feels good to win. bring on dallas!! get to 3-5, then win 2 straight to even our record at .500.

Where do you go to school in CT?

I disagree I think he garners a lot of respect in the league and there are other organizations and fan basses that think he is something special.  He will be someone where else next year.  If we could have him at a reasonable contract Id be happy but that won't happen and  we have already over paid him this year.

I'd bet Atlanta is all in on him next year.

Colt gets my nod agianst Dallas.  

He shows more poise, runs better, seems to have better field vision ... and

... most importantly,  has better "hearing"  ... vis-a-vis KC.

Oh word?

robert-griffin-III-heart-adidas-nike-swo

trey wingo ‏@wingoz  2m2 minutes ago

Ironically, Kirk Cousins wins his first game as a starter.. in a game in which he did not finish

It should be like baseball. If you're the starter and your losing at the time you're pulls, you can't get the win. (Of course , cousins would also be given a win instead of rg3 vs Baltimore in 2012, for saving that season)

I'm happy for Colt McCoy, but let's all remember he's the 3rd string QB of a bad team for a reason. Having said that, I don't see any harm in starting him vs. Dallas. KC just doesn't have the intangibles of a winning QB, even though he can throw for a lot of yards and seems super-smart (until he really needs to make a play, then he turns the ball over).

As for Orakpo, I think it's time for me to bury my #98 jersey in the backyard. Just not a difference maker and can't stay healthy.  

Still running a lot more power and inside zone than the stretch play.  I thought we were going to "go with what works".

I noticed the same. I assume the stretch is not working very well itself. We got away from it last year, not just this year.  I think defenses are attacking our OL as they move laterally very aggressively and so it still comes down to Albert breaking tackles.

Archived