Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Titans

JimmiJo

I wasn't impressed with Colt. All he did was not turn the ball over, which was enough for us to eek out a win over a weak team. Then again our pass catchers are dangerous at YAC, so maybe a game manager is all we need. A win is a win, but RZ offense needs to be better.

McCoy looks pretty good because Garcon made a play and took a 5 yard hitch to the house.  Otherwise, his 10 other completions went for only 58 yards and that's middling, at best.  

But, that said, if you're completing passes, you give yourself a chance cuz anything can happen and that's what 11 for 12 did for McCoy.  

I am somewhat concerned about Colt, after all, outside of the TD he was meh, but I will give him credit for the final drive.  If Jackson isn't interfered with, that pass is probably a TD, so hypothetically he could have added another 30 yards and a TD to his grand total.

The biggest issue is going to be next week.  Once Griffin is back in the lineup, and we can pick up where we left off, the offense should hopefully take off, but if he's not back, we have to face a hot Cowboys team, which is going to be a tough fight.

Jordan Reed is hugely valuable, he alone boost our offense tremendously.  He's a mismatch and a first down machine, had I think 3 on his 5 receptions, and is 7 of 14 for the year on FDs.

If we can get Griffin, Morris, DJax/Garcon/Roberts, and Reed all on the field at the same time, our offense should be really good.  Colt can't quite do what Griffin can, but if he can play without tons of mistakes, he should boost the offense (and hopefully the running game as teams will have to respect the pass).

I'm concerned about our defense still.  It looked good, but we need more QB pressure.  1 sack isn't going to cut it.  Outside of the 10 in week 2, we've got 6 sacks, or 1 per week.  We need 3-4 per week to be truly effective.

Also, Keenan Robinson, thank goodness you got better, you're what we needed.

I like that Gruden wasn't afraid to bench the starting QB and RT. We could all see what was going on, and it is nice he isn't scared to cut bait if it isn't working. Benching Polumbus for Compton was a good call. I saw Compton had a hands to the face penalty on that Jackson catch. Otherwise, how else did he play?

I just finished watching the game again, and I have to say, Lauvao looked pretty bad yesterday. Who scouted this guy as a viable LG option for the Redskins? I hope the person no longer reports to Redskins park. And if he does, he should be working as a water boy.  We focused our attention on the right side of the line, but Lauvao is not up to the task. I just wonder why we always make the wrong decisions when signing free agents. When do we see Spencer Long and Moses in the starting lineup? I hope they come out of the oven soon.

2 injuries that will help the long term growth of this football team.   It's time to get rid of players who are just losers like Hall and Orakpo.  

We are seeing Breeland grow up and become a good corner.  This season will be something that this franchise needed.  We are seeing a coach looking to the future and ready to bench guys and give guys a chance to compete.  

Anyone else notice that we returned the muffed punt to the 16 but they moved the ball back? Why did that happen? I was going nuts during the game that no one said anything.

You cant advance a muffed punt by rule. Ball is dead at the point of recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived