Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Cool, thanks for adding that.

I dont see very many guys that would be an improvement on that list.  Bulaga maybe.  Might be time to invest in the scouting department.  

:whoknows:

Bulaga is more of a rumor to Packers fans than Kuznetsov was to Caps fans until late last year.  He is always hurt.

Cut Bowen, Cofield, Chester, Paulson Tracy Porter and Kedric Golston.  If we draft or pursue a center add Kory to that list.  You don't pay 3.5 mil to a backup center and we could probably get one cheaper.

I Like Lichtensteiger, but I'm finding out that I'm in the minority.  He's far and away our best interior linemen, but I don't know if he is that good when stacked up against the rest of the league.  I know he and Trent locked down that left side when he was over there... but right now he is surrounded by **** on both sides... so it's hard to evaluate.  He was also the #2 center in his draft class... Denver and then we just decided that he should play guard.

But if you can upgrade, I'm all for it.

And I'll know we aren't where we want to be as long as Kedric Golston is on this team.  I say it every year, and it's true every year. 

He sucks.  He is a freaking speed bump on defense and he's a turnstile on teams.  Look at all of the blocked FGs over the last couple of years... and no ****.. you'll see 64 on his ass where the truck just came through.

Trade anything of value and compile a ****load of picks. Of course as long as it works in regards to the cap.

Not against that at all.  Even late round picks... lets actually take the time to do this the right way.  Maybe we can enjoy this team in a couple of years.

Plus... it's a lot easier to root for the improvement of young players who are learning than it is to get pissed at veterans who aren't living up to the money.

Do it right.

I'd also try and see if Hall can move to safety.

He'd be really nice to have as the nickel

I wouldn't just throw away Rak.  It just depends on if the price is right.

No way the price is right...

Bulaga is more of a rumor to Packers fans than Kuznetsov was to Caps fans until late last year.  He is always hurt.

I Like Lichtensteiger, but I'm finding out that I'm in the minority.  He's far and away our best interior linemen, but I don't know if he is that good when stacked up against the rest of the league.  I know he and Trent locked down that left side when he was over there... but right now he is surrounded by **** on both sides... so it's hard to evaluate.  He was also the #2 center in his draft class... Denver and then we just decided that he should play guard.

But if you can upgrade, I'm all for it.

And I'll know we aren't where we want to be as long as Kedric Golston is on this team.  I say it every year, and it's true every year. 

He sucks.  He is a freaking speed bump on defense and he's a turnstile on teams.  Look at all of the blocked FGs over the last couple of years... and no ****.. you'll see 64 on his ass where the truck just came through.

Yeh I really like Lichtensteiger. He would be the last one on the line (other than TW) that I would worry about upgrading. We don't have a ton of positions where we can say, hey he isn't that bad we could do a lot worse. 

Not against that at all. Even late round picks... lets actually take the time to do this the right way. Maybe we can enjoy this team in a couple of years.

Plus... it's a lot easier to root for the improvement of young players who are learning than it is to get pissed at veterans who aren't living up to the money.

Do it right.

There is literally only a handful of players I would care to keep.off the top of my head it would be the following:

1.Trent Williams

2.Amerson

3.Reed (Healthy)

4.Kerrigan

5.?????

Like I said. Make it a Fire sale this offseason. Heck. Start now. Injuries are piling u around the league. Picks, picks, picks.

I can't believe how ignorant and clueless Snyder is when all he has to do is look up the beltway to see how to run an organization.

1.Trent Williams

2.Amerson

3.Reed (Healthy)

4.Kerrigan

5.?????

If you ask me today, right this minute?

I'm keeping Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan.

I'm on the fence about Chris Baker, Ryan Grant, Jordan Reed and Bashaud Brieland.

But I'm CONVINCED that 71 and 91 can and WANT to play football.

absolutely going to love seeing the posts in this thread from our fan base......

danny oh danny oh danny, bruce..... sounds like a song, no?  trent oh trent oh trent, griff....  maybe better......  lol

in any event, griff will get his 5th year option picked up.. no doubt...  1 yr more before we get a ..  

as for free agents, we've done wonders with those...  a few perhaps....  but mostly, not....

i'm so disillusioned by this franchise after the last 20 yrs, i have nothing to say ... other than the above....

Well...

That list is interesting.

At least fourteen of them (skimmed quick) are active roster players... And we only have $8M or so to work with as it stands. That doesn't bode well with Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Alfred Morris, and Robert Griffin's contracts coming up.

To be honest, and its NOT a knock on Kerrigan, I think he's a guy we could move on from as well and move forward without either Rak or him. Why? Has nothing to do with skill. Kerrigan is solid. But if he expects 8-9M per season, we could use that money elsewhere. If he's willing to sign for around 6M, well, the Skins would be stealing.

Morris may even be a guy we look at and say, "Here's your offer. I know its not as much as you want, but this is what we can realistically afford for you". Give him a good offer, but keep in mind running backs can be replaced easier than other positions.

Well...

That list is interesting.

At least fourteen of them (skimmed quick) are active roster players... And we only have $8M or so to work with as it stands. That doesn't bode well with Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Alfred Morris, and Robert Griffin's contracts coming up.

To be honest, and its NOT a knock on Kerrigan, I think he's a guy we could move on from as well and move forward without either Rak or him. Why? Has nothing to do with skill. Kerrigan is solid. But if he expects 8-9M per season, we could use that money elsewhere. If he's willing to sign for around 6M, well, the Skins would be stealing.

Morris may even be a guy we look at and say, "Here's your offer. I know its not as much as you want, but this is what we can realistically afford for you". Give him a good offer, but keep in mind running backs can be replaced easier than other positions.

there is no way in hell the cap is staying the same. And the people you list will not be free agents at the same time except maybe Kerrigan and Morris

If you ask me today, right this minute?

I'm keeping Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan.

I'm on the fence about Chris Baker, Ryan Grant, Jordan Reed and Bashaud Brieland.

If he can stay healthy, Jordan Reed can be a star TE. I believe he's that good.

if k asks for only 8-9m a year, hell yeah, sign his ass..... olb's with his skills are hard to come by at that price.....

there is no way in hell the cap is staying the same. And the people you list will not be free agents at the same time except maybe Kerrigan and Morris

It doesn't matter if they're FA at the same time. It matters that we have the cash to keep them or not. And decisions start to come sooner rather than later. No matter when they're FA you have to find a way to fit them all under the cap.

if k asks for only 8-9m a year, hell yeah, sign his ass..... olb's with his skills are hard to come by at that price.....

Eh.

I'd love to see what he can do on the other side... Same can be said for Rak, too. But we don't move them around. Which baffles me. Oh well.

I'd be fine with parting ways with every player on the team over the age of 29, where we can without huge cap ramifications

Build around a nucleus of garçon, Jackson, Trent, RGIII, and Morris on offense. **** everyone else (depending on how reed finishes)

On defense keep Amerson, breeland, baker, Kerrigan, Robinson. **** everyone else

Lets get young. I'm okay with FA signings but I want 26 year olds, not 32 year olds

Will not happen. But fun to dream

So we got nothing and need everything....

Let every single one of those FAs walk. Please cut loose dead weight in Bowen, Chester.

No real needs since its rebuilding. Maybe protection for RG3 so he doesn't get killed.

I would love to move DJax for draft pick.

I hope FA is boring vecause we don't need 1-2 players. I'd be happy with ST depth and leave it at that. BUT REAL ST DEPTH, not the garbage we got this year

So we got nothing and need everything....

Let every single one of those FAs walk. Please cut loose dead weight in Bowen, Chester.

No real needs since its rebuilding. Maybe protection for RG3 so he doesn't get killed.

I would love to move DJax for draft pick

These are the types of off-seasons where you keep your first or trade back and acquire more selections (depending if your top prospect is there and if there are others you like as well if you trade back). You can do the same for virtually every pick. You need cheap players, the draft is where you get them. Granted, you don't want too many, but if you bring in 9-10 draftees who can all compete, you've filled roughly 20% of your roster with extremely cheap talent.

I'd be fine with parting ways with every player on the team over the age of 29, where we can without huge cap ramifications

Build around a nucleus of garçon, Jackson, Trent, RGIII, and Morris on offense. **** everyone else (depending on how reed finishes)

On defense keep Amerson, breeland, baker, Kerrigan, Robinson. **** everyone else

Lets get young. I'm okay with FA signings but I want 26 year olds, not 32 year olds

Will not happen. But fun to dream

Shanahan to his credit was good at signing younger guys. That's just the smart way to do FA. And there were some nice 25-26 year old FAs we could have had last year but we took the approach we did.

I don't know if I'm the only one noticing, but Lichtensteiger is having a really good season. The move to C is working. I want him to be part of the future.

Archived