Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

False widow warning: Surge of poisonous spiders are now creeping into homes after summer heatwave 'encouraged them to breed', experts fear

Poisonous spiders are set to descend on the United Kingdom this Bank Holiday weekend with temperatures in parts of Britain expected to be higher than Mexico. 

The extreme heatwave has caused false widow spiders to breed and multiply across the British Isles. 

They are related to the black widow - the world's deadliest species - and are one of 12 spiders in the UK known to have bitten humans.

False widows are not particularly venomous and being bitten by one can feel like a wasp sting, according to the Natural History Museum.

However there have been rare instances where they have caused a serious sting and triggered an allergic reaction in humans.   

The news comes after the Met Office predicted an upcoming week of rising and falling temperatures. 

The weekend is expected to be warm across the UK with parts of the UK reaching the low 30sC, leading to the possibility of another heatwave. 

The warm weather will help false widows to proliferate as their hibernation period ends.  

61642755-11137153-image-a-20_16612548095

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

How the hell did they come up with Black Widows are the world’s most deadliest species? 

so dumb. It is so rare to die from a bite. Does it cause pain, heck yeah. dying though? You have a better chance of dying from a cow. 

Wouldn't want to be bit by a cow either

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think proximity on detection is the biggest fear multiplier for me.  See a spider on the wall 5 feet away- no problem.  Look down and see a spider on my bare foot-  simultaneous heart attack and river dance to shake it off. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, tshile said:

Same here. Snakes don’t bother me. Think they’re cool. We used to catch black snakes with our hands in middle school and parade them around the neighborhood 

spiders scare the **** out of me

I'm the same way. I wouldn't just let a snake bite me for ****s and giggles, but I'm more fascinated by snakes. Spiders creep me the Hell out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me what the hell kind of spider this is? Lived in NOVA my whole life, in the country and I've never seen this thing before. What the hell is it?

Edit: This was in the house, I had to fight it alone.

37176.jpeg

37174.jpeg

Edited by Simmsy
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Holy **** @Simmsy that looks ugly. I hope it's just a scarier looking wolf spider, but I don't know. 

I swear to God, I could hear it's footsteps as it crawled across a saran wrapped painting. I thought it was a toy when I first saw it.