Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.Com: Richard Sherman Rips Garcon

MustangSteve

He's the best on that team, yeah - I'm talking about the **** he continuously talks about how he's the greatest ever, this and that. He doesn't cover #1's and rarely covers #2's. Their pass defense gives up the 11th most yards per game, 9th worst in terms of completion percentage, 8th worst 1st down % and the 9th worst qb rating. That defense is good because of their front 7, secondary is overrated.

They were successful in prior years because of the physicality that was allowed, now that they can't do the same things, it's showing.

How is it showing?

They made up, MADE UP rules because the Seahawks defense was too good. Think about that.

He's the best on that team, yeah - I'm talking about the **** he continuously talks about how he's the greatest ever, this and that.  He doesn't cover #1's and rarely covers #2's. 

Seattle doesnt put their best corners on the best WR.  The corners play a side of the ball (R or L). 

So say what you will about him, I'd go bananas if he were on our team. People are so eager to talk trash about talented players who aren't on our team. It's like it is a coping mechanism.

he would also be a fan favorite if he were on this team. We would rally behind Sherman like nobody's business if he were on this team.

Not me. I would hold my nose and tolerate him, and having him on the teamwould be just one more thing as a Redskins fan to be embarrassed about.

How is it showing?

They made up, MADE UP rules because the Seahawks defense was too good. Think about that.

they didn't make up rules, they are enforcing them more so because they were being taken advantage of.  They put an emphasis on rules already in place

Not me. I would hold my nose and tolerate him, and having him on the teamwould be just one more thing as a Redskins fan to be embarrassed about.

I take it you aren't a fan of D Hall... or rather tolerate him?

Because he's the only player on our defense that shows any heart at the moment.

they didn't make up rules, they are enforcing them more so because they were being taken advantage of. They put an emphasis on rules already in place

So you think they won a super bowl by cheating?

Also, if you let up 10 points a game plus 7 in garbage time I'd say your defense is pretty good. Especially considering when your team accumulates 95 yards in penalties.

Sherman is Nnamdi 2.0

He plays in a zone coverage scheme and most of the time he only sticks with the WR through half of the route before turning them over to the safety.  It would be interesting to see how good Sherman would be without Earl Thomas back there picking him up.

He can't cover WR's on the outside. He is much better covering a receiver when they turn back to the inside of the field, but anytime they go outside he seems to abandon them.

He's a solid corner, but he is also a zone scheme corner.  Just remember Nnamdi Asumogh and how awesome he looked on the Raiders in that scheme and then how abysmal he looked when he was signed to be an actual cover corner.

So you think they won a super bowl by cheating?

Also, if you let up 10 points a game plus 7 in garbage time I'd say your defense is pretty good. Especially considering when your team accumulates 95 yards in penalties.

garbage time?  you mean when the score puts us to within a score and missed hold on Rak (twice on the same play) is missed which would have given us the ball back with 2.5-3 minutes left?

And where did I say they cheated?  I said 'They were successful in prior years because of the physicality that was allowed, now that they can't do the same things, it's showing.' - thanks for putting words in my mouth though :)

They are a physical secondary and it was allowed in years past, they were successful because of their physicality.  Now that the rules are being enforced more, their strength is taken away and they are vulnerable.

And again, that front 7 is the strength of that team, from run defense to coverage of their linebackers to rushing the passer.  There is no reason that secondary shouldn't be top 2 or 3 but yet they fall into the 20's in a lot of categories because they can't get away with what they use to.

DB's clutch and grab all the time.  What Garcon did was stupid and Sherman was clearly in Garcon's head.

Imagine a "#1" WR of an opposing team taking down a stud DB of our own by the hair in similar fashion........ES would go bonkers.

Sherman talks way too much and that's why people hate.  I would take Sherman on our team any day, and I hate that Dick.

garbage time? you mean when the score puts us to within a score and missed hold on Rak (twice on the same play) is missed which would have given us the ball back with 2.5-3 minutes left?

And where did I say they cheated? I said 'They were successful in prior years because of the physicality that was allowed, now that they can't do the same things, it's showing.' - thanks for putting words in my mouth though :)

They are a physical secondary and it was allowed in years past, they were successful because of their physicality. Now that the rules are being enforced more, their strength is taken away and they are vulnerable.

And again, that front 7 is the strength of that team, from run defense to coverage of their linebackers to rushing the passer. There is no reason that secondary shouldn't be top 2 or 3 but yet they fall into the 20's in a lot of categories because they can't get away with what they use to.

Come on dude, don't bring up the missed penalties. There were so many penalties that WEREN'T missed this game that we should have zero complaints about the redding... for once. You can't say we lost a game on one missed call. We lost the game on all the calls that actually took place and our lack of ability to capitalize.

As far as their secondary, we are going to have to disagree. Our defensive line is our strength and we are getting teams passing all over us, every game. So I call bull**** on that one.

Also, Sherman is always covering the 3/4 WR or TE because teams scheme him that way. Knowing he's always going to cover the same side allows a team to try and mismatch him. That alone tells me that Sherman is a good CB, they plan around him... they being the people who know more than you or I about the sport.

Come on dude, don't bring up the missed penalties. There were so many penalties that WEREN'T missed this game that we should have zero complaints about the redding... for once. You can't say we lost a game on one missed call. We lost the game on all the calls that actually took place and our lack of ability to capitalize.

As far as their secondary, we are going to have to disagree. Our defensive line is our strength and we are getting teams passing all over us, every game. So I call bull**** on that one.

Also, Sherman is always covering the 3/4 WR or TE because teams scheme him that way. Knowing he's always going to cover the same side allows a team to try and mismatch him. That alone tells me that Sherman is a good CB, they plan around him... they being the people who know more than you or I about the sport.

I didn't say we lost the game because of a missed penalty, I was calling bull**** on your claim that it was garbage time when we were that play away from having the opportunity to tie it which, in my mind, does not constitute 'garbage time'

As far our secondary and theirs, 2 completely different schemes.  Our nickels suck, we're playing a rookie and a 2nd year guy, we're playing without our actual nickel and DHall, Our linebackers (outside of Keenan) can't cover anything more than 2 yards downfield.  That is the difference and why I said their front 7 and not just their dline.

I never said he wasn't good.  My argument is he always talks **** about being the 'best' when he simply hasn't proven it and won't prove it until you can cover people 1-on-1 and not hand them over to the safety every play.

he pulled his hair. C'mon now, you cant be this biased?

The NFL has said that hair is part of the uniform.  Any player wearing their hair long knows that going in.  Sherman grabbed Garcon's uniform so Garcon grabbed Sherman's uniform back.  Suck it up, mouth.

He might not be the best but he's definitely the best on the defending super bowl champs. He's the best on a defense that is widely regarded as one of the best in the league.

So say what you will about him, I'd go bananas if he were on our team. Maybe then we'd have a defenseman that shows heart. We have a bunch of chumps out there right now.

People are so eager to talk trash about talented players who aren't on our team. It's like it is a coping mechanism.

People talk trash about our players as a coping mechanism...

And Sherman is the third best DB on that team...Like without a doubt I would take both safeties before him. 

Hell I would also take all three linebackers and Avril...and probably Bennett...before taking Sherman. 

He's good but he ain't great. He's a better corner than Maxwell but not top 3 defensive player on that team. 

As the league goes...PP, Revis, Haden I would say are hands down better corners. I believe Sherman is closer to the next dozen or so guys, plug any into his spot and they'd perform at least equally. And more quietly. Jennings, Verner and Grimes are realistically all probably better than Sherman. 

he pulled his hair. C'mon now, you cant be this biased?

think about what you wrote  ... honestly. 

He "pulled his hair." 

Football ... we are talking about NFL football. 

A player is complaining that his hair was pulled ... 

Honestly, he should be grateful that he still has hair and that Pierre did not pull all of it out.

That's like a construction worker complaining that his coworkers were looking up his skirt. 

think about what you wrote  ... honestly. 

He "pulled his hair." 

Football ... we are talking about NFL football. 

A player is complaining that his hair was pulled ... 

Honestly, he should be grateful that he still has hair and that Pierre did not pull all of it out.

That's like a construction worker complaining that his coworkers were looking up his skirt. 

if a construction worker is a guy and is wearing a skirt, i think we have more problems to worry about :lol:

Archived