Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.Com: Richard Sherman Rips Garcon

MustangSteve

Come on guys, pulling hair is a sucker play. That being said.... Good. The only thing I'm sad about is that he wasn't pulling his hair and distracting him while Trent Williams came and blind side dump trucked him. That is one or the few occasions i would concede a 15 yard penalty. If Sherman was a Redskin yeah I'd deal with it, but I sure wouldn't like it. Some people thought Griffins 2013 offseason was bad, that's a blip on the radar compared to what Sherman does. He isn't even all that great and benefits from his surrounding cast. Jackson toasted him a few times. I was so pumped for this game before the season because Griffin at QB gives us the extra dimension needed to beat those guys. Sucks, just another loss to a team i hate just as much as the Giants.

Garcon pulled his dreads on one play. BIG DEAL.  I mean really, big frickin' deal.  Did that in anyway change the outcome of the game?  Did that suddenly negate the fact that Sherman was grabbing and hand-checking Garcon 20 yards downfield?

Players do all sorts of "shady" things on individual plays throughout the game and Sherman is whining about his dreads getting pulled on ONE PLAY?  Wow. Just Wow.

Put it this way...this topic wouldn't exist if all he did was pull his jersey.

I don't have an issue with guys grabbing hair when trying to make a tackle, because those things DO happen....however, what Garcon did looked completely deliberate to me. This is why I thought it was a sucker play. I'd have to think that Sherman was talking his usual **** and Garcon, who was frustrated, pulled hair in retalliation.

Or maybe he was frustrated with Sherman committing PI all the time and the refs ignoring it.

Umm do people forget that Sherman and Co. practically taunted and bragged that they got away with holding & PI on every play in 2012, They made no bones about working the system to their advantage, so don't give me a sob story about your dreads getting pulled on 1 play.

Sherman is the type of guy who is easy to hate but he would also be a fan favorite if he were on this team. We would rally behind Sherman like nobody's business if he were on this team.

Also, it's not like Garçon did anything of note last night.

Yup. He's an asshole, but if he were a Redskin he'd be OUR asshole. Same with a guy like Suh.

I don't think anyone has to discredit Sherman. He's a very good corner, both in man coverage and zone, but you have to understand that they play a lot of zone looks, and he's getting help underneath on a lot of their plays. There's no Sherman Island where you lock him on one WR and take that guy out of the game.

I think in some respects that's why people have problems with his constant running of his mouth. If I'm a WR, you can talk when you follow me all over the field and hold me without a catch. But when you've got Chancellor and KJ Wright running underneath routes for most of the game so you can play a lot of bail technique with your eyes on the QB, it's not as impressive.

You can't even really argue that it's a psychological tactic since he's talking after the game, and almost certainly won't play the Redskins again this year.

I get that they play a lot of zone looks and that he's benefitting from playing with a stellar defense, however a lot of the vitriol towards the guy has little-to-do with his actual play on the field.  They don't like the man because of his antics.  I get it.  The link I provided shows that he is an elite CB.  Saying he's not one of the 2 or 3 best at his position in the league is laughable to me. 

The fact we're sitting here debating over ONE play where he was arguably beat is a testament to what he brings to the table.  I love watching him and the Seahawks defense play.  They are fun to watch. 

Sherman is the Jeremiah Trotter of the Seahawks defense  perhaps? Great at the specific type of coverage he is asked to play, but would probably be a mediocre if signed by a team running a different kind of scheme that asks the CB to do more actual covering 1 on 1.  Nnamdi comes to mind.

There was a stretch where Nnamdi was regarded as one of, if not, THE best in the game.  If this who you're using as a comparison to Sherman, is that really a bad thing? 

He is not better than Revis, Haden, and Peterson simply because he is not capable of following the best receiver all over the field. So no, he's not Top 3. You can't be the best corner, and not be capable of shutting down THE BEST. 

Also, it is true that he has difficulty covering small, quicker WRs in man coverage. I'm not saying he isn't a very good corner, but he's highly overrated. 

And in regards to Nnamdi. When he was in Oakland they played press man coverage nearly all game, and he excelled at that. Philly signed him to a huge deal and expected him to be able to be as dominant when he wasn't as comfortable playing primarily zone. Sherman isn't exactly like that, he's good in both man and zone. He just isn't the best. 

Hopefully other WR's around the league get in on this and they pull his hair on EVERY PLAY that hes interfering since the refs still refuse to do their job and generally only call it when its on a failed 3rd down for the team they've got money on that week. 

I'm guessing some of those bothered by the Braid yanking probably couldn't stomach what goes on in a pile up. A Steelers lineman stuck his finger up a guys butt once and Vernon Davis got tackled by his junk. Hair yanking ain't &$@? Lol.

was the finger up the butt intentional though? or was it an accident?

Unfortunately it may have been intentional.

NSFW ( headline may be too descriptive)

http://deadspin.com/steelers-lineman-shoves-hand-into-opponents-taint-duri-1479212133

oh wow. what good does that do though to put your finger up another players butt during a fumble? sure it may just distract the player from trying to recover the fumble so that your team can recover it, but its just creepy and odd to do that. i like the pulling the hair tactic better :D

Archived