Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.Com: Richard Sherman Rips Garcon

MustangSteve

I freakin' love Garcon's attitude and demeanor on the field. If the rest of the team played that way, we'd be in great shape. Just sickens me to continually lose to these guys. Then again ... we continually lose to most teams.

How well I remember the days when a game against Seattle was a stress-free, victory-assured viewing experience.

Sherman is Nnamdi 2.0

He plays in a zone coverage scheme and most of the time he only sticks with the WR through half of the route before turning them over to the safety.  It would be interesting to see how good Sherman would be without Earl Thomas back there picking him up.

He can't cover WR's on the outside. He is much better covering a receiver when they turn back to the inside of the field, but anytime they go outside he seems to abandon them.

He's a solid corner, but he is also a zone scheme corner.  Just remember Nnamdi Asumogh and how awesome he looked on the Raiders in that scheme and then how abysmal he looked when he was signed to be an actual cover corner.

Seattle plays quarter coverage in the secondary.  Sherman let receiver go because it is Chancellor's job to be physical at the end of the route or to detour that receiver towards the sideline so that way Sherman can go back to the middle of the field to get picks.  A few reasons why their defense works is because not every team has the time for a play like that to develop before the rush get there.  Also there are a lot of soft receivers that would fold or stop on the route if they saw Chancellor coming down hill.  To be effective against that type of coverage with the talent Seattle has in their secondary is you need a receiver fast enough to beat Chancellor once he rolls that way and that is what Jackson did on the touchdown, but you also need the time to complete the pass.

People talk trash about our players as a coping mechanism...

And Sherman is the third best DB on that team...Like without a doubt I would take both safeties before him. 

Hell I would also take all three linebackers and Avril...and probably Bennett...before taking Sherman. 

He's good but he ain't great. He's a better corner than Maxwell but not top 3 defensive player on that team. 

As the league goes...PP, Revis, Haden I would say are hands down better corners. I believe Sherman is closer to the next dozen or so guys, plug any into his spot and they'd perform at least equally. And more quietly. Jennings, Verner and Grimes are realistically all probably better than Sherman. 

He is the best corner in the league, look at his numbers.  Chancellor can't cover, Jackson ran right by him when he rolled his coverage.  Old man Gates abused Chancellor and those miniature linebackers that Seattle has.  The fair argument would be Thomas against Sherman but I think they need each other to be honest with you.

This thread is slowly starting to resemble the 'Chris Baker is a cheap, dirty player' thread about his hit on Foles... where people repeatedly clarify the rule states X, and people who just want to **** about every player on the Redskins ignore said rule and call people homers or blind or biased.

This thread is slowly starting to resemble the 'Chris Baker is a cheap, dirty player' thread about his hit on Foles... where people repeatedly clarify the rule states X, and people who just want to **** about every player on the Redskins ignore said rule and call people homers or blind or biased.

If you can't see the difference in someone making a tackle and grabbing hair, and Garcon doing what he did...then yea...I'll continue to say there are some people on here who are homers. 

If you can't see the difference in someone making a tackle and grabbing hair, and Garcon doing what he did...then yea...I'll continue to say there are some people on here who are homers. 

So if he pulled Sherman off his back, as they headed out of bounds, with his jersey instead of his hair, you'd be ok with it?

He is the best corner in the league, look at his numbers.  Chancellor can't cover, Jackson ran right by him when he rolled his coverage.  Old man Gates abused Chancellor and those miniature linebackers that Seattle has.  The fair argument would be Thomas against Sherman but I think they need each other to be honest with you.

Djackson absolutely roasted Sherman on the long catch later. Turned him around twice. As did Keenan Allen a couple of times in the tat game that "gates abused chancellor". And on that TD pass it looked like Sherman thought he was going to be able to play both, I don't think it was his responsibility to take the seam.

Miniature linebackers? Have you watched Seattle? Smith is 6 foot, not big but not miniature. KJ Wright is freaking 6'4''... 

Having those safeties behind you makes everything you do so much easier. 

Don't watch the numbers watch them play. 

And if you think Thomas needs Sherman you have absolutely lost your mind. He is the premier Safety in the league. 

I love the people that are saying they would pull Sherman's hair too. I also would have done that :) just for fun

Just yank a little strip of his dreadlocks out and throw it onto the ground.

IT's NOT a penalty. It's considered part of the uniform...

what?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you seem to have an issue with him pulling him by his hair.  All I'm asking is if he pulled him by his jersey would you still be calling it a sucker play or would you be ok with it?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you seem to have an issue with him pulling him by his hair.  All I'm asking is if he pulled him by his jersey would you still be calling it a sucker play or would you be ok with it?

Put it this way...this topic wouldn't exist if all he did was pull his jersey. 

I don't have an issue with guys grabbing hair when trying to make a tackle, because those things DO happen....however, what Garcon did looked completely deliberate to me.  This is why I thought it was a sucker play.  I'd have to think that Sherman was talking his usual **** and Garcon, who was frustrated, pulled hair in retalliation. 

Not a fan of Sherman, but I think he wins when people can only ever point to one play a game where it even appears he may have been in the vicinity of getting beat.  

Ummm.. Actually , 157 yards and a TD is more than just getting the "one play" *shrugs shoulders*

Put it this way...this topic wouldn't exist if all he did was pull his jersey. 

I don't have an issue with guys grabbing hair when trying to make a tackle, because those things DO happen....however, what Garcon did looked completely deliberate to me.  This is why I thought it was a sucker play.  I'd have to think that Sherman was talking his usual **** and Garcon, who was frustrated, pulled hair in retalliation. 

I agree that he did exactly that.  I just don't have a problem with it being his hair versus any other part of his uniform.  If he had gotten caught, jersey or hair would be irrelevant and he'd get a penalty for it.  He didn't, he got away with it, and Sherman's hair happened to be the easiest thing to grab.  If it happened to Meriweather I'd be bummed that we didn't get the benefit of a penalty, but not because of his hair.  We're just splitting hairs at this point though.

This topic wouldn't exist if Sherman didn't find something to whine about to a reporter every time things don't go his way, which is the only thing I don't like about him. 

I know Sherman doesn't have the best rep on the board...and Pierre is OUR guy.  However...if Pierre was pulling hair in a scuffle....SMH. 

*For all the **** Sherman talks, he backs it up w/ his play.  Wish we had a guy like that on our squad.  He's a beast. 

I guess you forgot the 2012 playoff game where Sherman was throwing Pierre to the ground by his facemask, jersey or whatever else he could find. And of course there was no call. You think Pierre forgot about that? He clearly wanted retaliation. 

Sherman is the type of guy who is easy to hate but he would also be a fan favorite if he were on this team. We would rally behind Sherman like nobody's business if he were on this team.

Also, it's not like Garçon did anything of note last night.

I can honestly say I would never like or root for Richard Sherman no matter what team he played for including us. He's even a guy I could not stand in my own locker room if I played.

Archived