Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bad is the stadium take over going to be?

RichmondRedskin88

I actually think it may be a blessing in disguise. Although opponent's dollars are the same as ours, voicing displeasure for the awful product Mr. Snyder trots out there may be the only message he understands. I hate that guy.

Reading some of the posts in this thread are funny.. Its only week 5.  There are still 11 more games after tonight.   Go out and buy one of those $15 seats and support your team instead of ****ing about how empty the stadium is (thanks fortune tellers) or will be.  Its $15..   Skip your McDonalds lunch and go out and support your team. How about starting a grass roots movement to support your favorite team instead of make it a laughing stock because the stadium isnt full. 

You are stuck with the owner, so get over it.  I guarantee he doesnt like losing.  Or for Christs sake, go find another goddamn team to root for.  No wonder we get a bad rep.  The fans quit on the team before the game starts. LOL.

upper level has been like 40% empty all year. I'm assuming it'll be worse tonight.

fair weather fans. stadium will be empty and full of seahawks fans.

fan base will blame the team, i'm sure.

The team is terrible.

Some are fed up with 23 years of futility, and I can't blame them.

The team is terrible.

Some are fed up with 23 years of futility, and I can't blame them.

It's week 5.

Fair weather fans. been that way for a while.

These are the same people that can't wait for a new stadium - as if they'll actually go.

Reading some of the posts in this thread are funny.. Its only week 5.  There are still 11 more games after tonight.   Go out and buy one of those $15 seats and support your team instead of ****ing about how empty the stadium is (thanks fortune tellers) or will be.  Its $15..   Skip your McDonalds lunch and go out and support your team. How about starting a grass roots movement to support your favorite team instead of make it a laughing stock because the stadium isnt full. 

You are stuck with the owner, so get over it.  I guarantee he doesnt like losing.  Or for Christs sake, go find another goddamn team to root for.  No wonder we get a bad rep.  The fans quit on the team before the game starts. LOL.

That requires actually doing something.

Much easier to **** about it. These same people **** about how opponents fans come into the stadium. They're the ones creating the pressure for a new stadium. They're the ones that think they're owed something. They'll talk about how awful it is redskins season ticket holders sell their tickets to non-redskins fans.

It's a joke.

It's week 5.

Fair weather fans. been that way for a while.

These are the same people that can't wait for a new stadium - as if they'll actually go.

Yes, it's week 5... in the 23rd year of a neverending nightmare. For those of us like myself who have been around since the late 80s, I don't think you can call us "fair weather" fans. Some of us have battered fan syndrome, others are just exasperated. Either way, you can't lump them all together because they don't fit your definition of a "fan".

That requires actually doing something.

Much easier to **** about it. These same people **** about how opponents fans come into the stadium. They're the ones creating the pressure for a new stadium. They're the ones that think they're owed something. They'll talk about how awful it is redskins season ticket holders sell their tickets to non-redskins fans.

It's a joke.

Paying fans ARE the ones that are owed something. They're owed a team that doesn't suck as badly as it does. They're owed a team that can at least get out of it's own way. So they can quit being paying fans, or they can try and recoup some of the sunk $$ by selling tickets.

Some stats to see where fans' money has been going this last quarter of a century:

23 years since their last super bowl appearance.

2 division championships since 1991.

5 playoff appearances in that time. (counting the 2 division wins)

3 playoff wins (lost in 2nd round both times)

This team averages 1 playoff appearance every 4.4 years.

This team averages a division championship once every 11 years.

This team averages a playoff win once every 7.6 years.

People have a right to be pissed off and apathetic, it's their money funding this farce.

*edited to correct some math mistakes, they had one more playoff win than I remembered, and technically counting 1992 it's 22 years, 2014 makes 23 years.

upper level has been like 40% empty all year. I'm assuming it'll be worse tonight.

There were Redskins staffers giving away club seats to the upper level fans the last two games. That might have something to do with the upper level looking empty.

Anyway, I'll be there tonight rooting hard for the good guys. I expect to see some Seahag fans but it won't be near as bad as the Steelers takeover.

I find it interesting the idea of demanding fans to show up. I mean for some it's not realistic and others it maybe a all day affair. I know I personally can't due to work but a bud of mine is headed out like 1 from Richmond. You can't blame some for not wanting to freeze while watching a butt kicking. That's leave they have to take, gas they burn, etc.

And they should. Why should people continue to pay good money to see them get pushed around?

I buy the N.F.L. ticket every year and watch EVERY SINGLE Skins game no matter what. I even make the seven hour trek from Albany N.Y. to Maryland every so often with my family to watch a game live. I've been a fan of this team for 40+ years and will never stop rooting and supporting them. Fans want to win period and when fans don't see it thru homer glasses then they're called fair weather fans or are accused quitting on the team. Well, that's a crock of crap. I read all the negativity on here and I never take it as people quitting on the team. It's frustration after years of losing and people are sick of it. How about blaming the team for quitting instead of the fans, because what I saw in that last game against the Giants was a team that looked uninspired and/or quit.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Seahawks fan.  Regardless of where you live in the country  - If I was a Seahawk fan this is one Id want to go to.. Prime time game,  cheap tickets, perceived easy win, Nations capital with a ton of things to see/do.  Unfortunately I am friends with many Seattle fans and while they have stopped ribbing me about how pathetic the Skins usually are (guess they got bored) I do expect to hear from most of them tonight/tomorrow.

Regardless of the actual number of SeaChicken fans, they will be louder since most likely they will stay for the entire game and have more to cheer about.

:/

Seriously, why go to games?  I just don't see it as a smart use of my time and money.  I can watch this train wreck from home.  At least the beer is cheaper. 

Seriously, why go to games? I just don't see it as a smart use of my time and money. I can watch this train wreck from home. At least the beer is cheaper.

That's basically it. I drove up to the Thursday game from Raleigh. Extremeskins tailgate was a blast but 10 minutes into the game I was already thinking about the drive home on Friday. Expensive food and drinks, crappy team, insane wait to get out of the stadium, why bother?

And yet my daughter wants to me to take her to one this year. Will I? Of course, kicking myself the whole way for pushing her to follow my favorite team.

It's the ****ing Seahawks guys.

They barely have fans. Saints have won a chip recently. No one cares about them either. The Colts have been a model franchise for years and have ties to the area yet when they come to FedEx, you barely see any fans.

They aren't Dallas, NYG, GB, PHI, or PIT

The empty seats deal is probably more concerning.

Will be a lot of Seattle fans...not a lot of skins fans. My guess is be the 4th Q it will be 90% Seattle fans. 

You honestly think there are that many seahawks fans in America lol.

Come on 

"Fair weather fans?" This fan base has been anything BUT fair weather. We've pretty much sucked since 19 friggin' 91. Sooner or later (much later in this case) fans threshold is going to snap. When it gets to the point where fans expect to lose what is the point in putting so much time, energy and money to an inferior product? It gets old and like I said this fan base has hung in there MUCH longer did we have. We are now just on the cusp of seeing frustrated 'skins fans unseen before if they continue being doormats.

and yes the team is to blame. Duh.

Archived