Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bad is the stadium take over going to be?

RichmondRedskin88

I don't think the Seahawks have that kind of national presence. It has to be either the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles to really have a full-on takeover at FedEx, I think.

What is far more likely is that everyone gave these tickets away to Ace - their redneck cousin from Hagerstown who took off work at the auto body shop tomorrow. This crowd is probably going to look like a biker rally.

I don't think the Seahawks have that kind of national presence. It has to be either the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles to really have a full-on takeover at FedEx, I think.

What is far more likely is that everyone gave these tickets away to Ace - their redneck cousin from Hagerstown who took off work at the auto body shop tomorrow. This crowd is probably going to look like a biker rally.

maybe finally we'll have that raucous blue collar crowed that RFK use to have!  :P

YOU CAN'T PEE THERE ACE! 

The better question, sadly, is how many empty seats will there be.

The "wine and cheesers" (BTW, I hate that term) will be at home wearing their lucky curly W hats watching the Nationals.

I often wonder how people formulate their opinions.  FedEx field attendees don't look like the rich and famous.  Last section I sat in at RFK was full of old DC money, lawyers, and Rolex watches.  It wasn't all blue collar.

I've always assumed that everyone in FedEx was from Bowie and Manassas - you know, the garden spots.

Here's a crowd shot from the Redskins' December 19, 1982 game at RFK Stadium against the New York Giants, which the Redskins won with a Mark Moseley field goal in the final seconds to put the Redskins in the playoffs for the first time since 1976:

Football-Crowd-Game-at.jpg

Yes but you have to realize the Miami Heat/New Cleveland Cavalier fans are all Seahawks fans during football season.

Yes but you have to realize the Miami Heat/New Cleveland Cavalier fans are all Seahawks fans during football season.

This had me laughing..

To the OP's question, I dont think that the "takeover" will be as bad as you think.  Yes, we will see a bunch of 12 flags in the stadium, but I think that the majority of the crowd will be Burgandy and Gold.  . 

The empty seats are going to be hostile.

LOL!

I really don't expect a ton of 'Hawks fans there. I don't even know a single 'Hawks fan. But it doesn't matter. APATHY will be there, in huge numbers. I can't remember when I've ever been less interested in a Monday night game, or ANY game, for that matter.

I'm giving it the first quarter to see if it's worth continuing to watch or not.

I'm sure there will be plenty of seahag fans there, probably more than everyone would expect.

SRO seats are $15 on stubhub, 20 yard line redskins sideline club level seats are $87, cheapest I've ever seen.... ever.

I wonder if the score is 28-0 by the half, will the stadium be as empty as it was during that Chiefs blowout in the 2nd half in the rain and snow.

The bigger under-lying issue is the overall mood of the Redskins organization and fans in general.

Year after year its the same thing; win a few games then look like crap the rest of the season.

Football today, like college, has become a money making issue. The actual sport of football has been lost for the most part, with ticket prices extremely high to watch a sorry team [ in general ] and fans get tired of the hassles of dealing with going to games.

What is needed is a grass roots change in the way it conducts itself.

It is a self feeding - self starving situation, the better a team plays the more fans will want to watch. Some point to front office decision-making, then coaches, scouts, player, even field condition.

If the Redskins stay competitive in this game, it will be a morale booster, but it will take the entire team and coaching staff to pull it off, and seeing some players act as if they made the game-saving tackle in a superbowl when they make a simple tackle after a 7 yd gain, the bar is obviously set too low on quality standards.

Archived