Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bad is the stadium take over going to be?

RichmondRedskin88

It's the ****ing Seahawks guys.

They barely have fans. Saints have won a chip recently. No one cares about them either. The Colts have been a model franchise for years and have ties to the area yet when they come to FedEx, you barely see any fans.

They aren't Dallas, NYG, GB, PHI, or PIT

The empty seats deal is probably more concerning.

You honestly think there are that many seahawks fans in America lol.

Come on 

Im saying of what will be left of the crowd will be 90%. The stadium wont even be 90% full tonight. lol

Here's a crowd shot from the Redskins' December 19, 1982 game at RFK Stadium against the New York Giants, which the Redskins won with a Mark Moseley field goal in the final seconds to put the Redskins in the playoffs for the first time since 1976:

Football-Crowd-Game-at.jpg

People sure loved them some ****ed up looking hats back then. LOL

Oh it'll be bad. Casual fans who flock to the winning team + open seats = An embarrassment to Redskin pride.

You know what? This is on the team. I will not feel embarrassed if it's a Seahag takeover. If you ask me, the team would be well served to pull their collective heads out of their ass and start winning, or, at the very least, actually taking the field and trying to compete. The more we lose, the less of our fans are going to attend, plain and simple. I wouldn't waste my hard-earned money for a ticket to watch the Redskins self-implode at home. **** that!

Think the worst takeover of the stadium was at the 2012 Ravens game when RG3 got hurt. Looked like 50 pct Ravens fans. Of course Baltimore is close and the Skins had started 3-6, so I bet a lot of fans sold out.

I understand the frustration but the overall negativity has been far too great this early in a coach's rookie campaign.

Think the worst takeover of the stadium was at the 2012 Ravens game when RG3 got hurt. Looked like 50 pct Ravens fans. Of course Baltimore is close and the Skins had started 3-6, so I bet a lot of fans sold out.

I understand the frustration but the overall negativity has been far too great this early in a coach's rookie campaign.

Monday night vs. Steelers day before Obama got elected. They tried an onsides kick that we recovered but settled for a fg. Place looked like mostly redskins fans (gold blended in) until they either got a pick or scored (can't remember which). All of a sudden half the damn stadium was waving gold towels.

I was there and it was more like 70/30 ratio. Think about it. If it was 50/50 that means it would be like a Redskins fan in one seat and a Ravens fan in the next seat throughout the whole stadium. Or one side of the stadium filled with Ravens fans and Redskins fans in the other half. The Steelers game has been by far the worse takeover.

I still feel terrible for that guy who started a thread saying he was flying from England for this game to be his first ever. Probably thought he was going I see RG3 and a good team against SB champs. Now it's Mr INT v an elite secondary.

Next time you see one, walk up to them and ask who's starting at Right guard in tonight's game against the Redskins. lol

Or "quick name someone on the team that is now Wilson or Lynch"

I swear here in wv it was like that for the Steelers when they were winning. Shoot it's like that now....

"Fair weather fans?" This fan base has been anything BUT fair weather. We've pretty much sucked since 19 friggin' 91. Sooner or later (much later in this case) fans threshold is going to snap. When it gets to the point where fans expect to lose what is the point in putting so much time, energy and money to an inferior product? It gets old and like I said this fan base has hung in there MUCH longer did we have. We are now just on the cusp of seeing frustrated 'skins fans unseen before if they continue being doormats.

and yes the team is to blame. Duh.

Eh, my one and only trip to RFK was in 1994.... Three years removed from a SB and two years removed from playoffs... First year with a new coach. It was in early November, we weren't good at all and we were playing the 49ers. I was disappointed we weren't in the mix for anything, but still excited to be in the house for the first time. Man, was I disappointed. No real atmosphere, no real excitement, plenty of tickets available outside for cheap, a number of empty seats. Stadium started unloading midway through third quarter. No one really cared. It was that day that I realized skins fans were probably no better or worse than any other fanbase. It was easy to make the stands shake from 1982-1992. When we had a loser in two two years later, the fans chilled out pretty quickly.

Most fanbases are "fair weather."

The place didn't look that bad on tv. We were probably aided by the fact that Seattle is a distant, and still relatively small fanbase, despite being world champs. I could definitely hear the SEA-HAWKS chants on tv, but it was nothing like the NFCE or Pitt in 2008. 

It wasnt as bad as most on here would like to think that it was going to be.  There were a ton of Seahawks fans (most didnt even know the damn area code for Seattle. LOL), but not nearly as many as some on here were expecting.  I ended up picking my 9 y/o son up from school and bringing him with me so that he would get a chance to go to a game. 

I really enjoyed all of the 12 flags that were being held upside down or backwards.  Also the amount of other teams jerseys that were floating around the stadium.  Just a couple of instances.. A guy was wearing an E. Smitt 22 AZ Cardinals jersey and his girlfriend was wearing an Atlanta Falcons jersey.. They were fun to tease.  Also as we were driving down Morgan blvd after the game, we passed a chick in a Cowboys jersey wearing a SF flag around her neck.  I was like WTF?  LOL.

A guy was wearing an E. Smitt 22 AZ Cardinals jersey and his girlfriend was wearing an Atlanta Falcons jersey.. They were fun to tease.  Also as we were driving down Morgan blvd after the game, we passed a chick in a Cowboys jersey wearing a SF flag around her neck.  I was like WTF?  LOL.

I never understood this and makes me angry for some reason. I'm seeing more of this every season. Why do fans go to the game and watch two teams they're not even a fan of? Waste of tickets. Good for nothing at our games.

Snyder banned signs at the game, he might as well go a step further by only allowing fans to wear gear of the redskins or visiting team.

Archived