Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins’ 3-4 defense, finally built to Jim Haslett’s liking, is capable of causing havoc

98ORAKPO98

something I've been thinking about

Gruden said the Skins DB's bumped the Giants recievers during the game, they just didn't do a good job of it.  Now I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw the Skins pretty much lined up to far away to bump them.  Even if they'd plan to let the Giants run to them and hit them as they went bye they were outside of the five yard window by the time the WR would have gotten to them

I too thought Gruden's words that our DBs didn't bump, was bunk.  They did not appear to try much, if at all.

Our corners are physical. If Haslett cannot figure out that is how he has to roll them, the onus is on the front 7 to get consistent timely pressure.  But our front 7 can be negated by a quick passing team. Our front 7 then has to get into passing lanes, start trying to swat passes, but I don't even see that.

The DBs simply have to move up and slow WRs down. Kill the timing of a quick pass offense.

Haslett looks suddenly lost without Hall, after a decent showing the first few weeks. I know, some argue he has been lost for some time. But he wasn't lost in that back half of 2012.

Besides being a vocal guy, I am not sure Morris is any better than Haslett. They both must laugh behind closed doors about still having jobs after last years debacle.

Our corners are physical. If Haslett cannot figure out that is how he has to roll them, the onus is on the front 7 to get consistent timely pressure.  But our front 7 can be negated by a quick passing team. Our front 7 then has to get into passing lanes, start trying to swat passes, but I don't even see that.

Haslett looks suddenly lost without Hall, after a decent showing the first few weeks. I know, some argue he has been lost for some time. But he wasn't lost in that back half of 2012.

they definitely need more effort on tipping passes, especially when they've got Geathers, who's 6'8", in the game.

Haslett only had three days to game plan without Hall so judging him on that could be premature

I too thought Gruden's words that our DBs didn't bump was, was bunk.  They did not appear to try much, if at all.

The DBs simply have to move up and slow WRs down. Kill the timing of a quick pass offense.

Besides being a vocal guy, I am not sure Morris is any better than Haslett. They both must laugh at closed doors about still having jobs after last years debacle.

It does drive me batty [ even battier ] to see a 3rd & 4 come up, Haslett blitzes and CBs playing 7 yds off. Quick slant and they're already in pursuit position.

There will be a day, one day, where he will be gone, and the DC will have them being physical, checking at the LOS, disrupting timing plays. Haslett's schemes work for an inexperienced QB, just play back and wait for the QB to make a mistake. Doesn't work too well with experienced QBs.

And yes, i've long given up on Raheem; no wonder he was run out of Tampa Bay.

How about Rex Ryan for next year? I think he'll be looking for work.

we can only dream... I was wishing for this earlier this year but Jets decided to keep Ryan around...

The owner seem to like Rex so who knows he survives another year...  Its hard with win with Geno Smith!!!!

I've never seen such a horrible defensive playing..What a mistake keeping hasslet here,,,BiG BIG Mistake!!!

Seattle's offense is okay, but Wilson is consistently moving the chains. If their offensive line would stop with the false starts, this would be a three TD game.

Haslett sucks. This team needs a nose tackle in the worst way. We continue to ignore the most crucial position in the 3-4 and wonder why our defense sucks.

I can't blame Hass for this loss tonight. He made some good calls, and he called them at the right time. I blame the person who decided to give Rakpo 12 million dollars. Rakpo is the softest DE that is suppose to be elite my eyes have ever laid on. He does nothing in the moment. He does nothing when there is opportunity for him to make plays. People are down on Murphy but at least he makes plays when there is a chance to. Rak I'm completely sold that he's nothing to be excited about. He has no instinct or "killer mentality". Rak is just a guy that comes close to making a play. He never does anything, most DE's once they get close to making a play they will get an extra boost of something that will allow them to make plays. Diving, breaking through holds, Cutting off players by taking good angles, but he's just nothing to be excited about. In fact  I hope he reads this post because my man definitely needs a "heart pad" 

I just hope beyond hope that next season Haslett(ing teams score), will be in the CFL or just retired. Our defense has been putrid since he's been here. I refuse to believe, when healthy, we don't have enough talent to be average. I'd love to just have a middling, mediocre defense right now.

That's the fact!!! When a coach is piss poor, it will make the greatest Defenses look below average. I would love to see a good coach take over this Defense, I would bet they would be a well above average Defense and maybe even 10-12 ranked. 

I think rak is done for after this year..I'm sorry to bust your bubble but Hass is not making good calls out there..he never has or never will!!!.He is a fraud. He should have been toast after last year but for some stupid...moronic decision that the great Bruce Allen help make we are still stuck with this fraud of a defensive coordinator...We need to also get shed of Bruce Allen,,I have seen enough to know he is  about a big a fraud as Jim Hasslet. ...Here is to getting a high draft pick next year only if Dumb nuts named Bruce Allen doesn't trade that high pick away for more trash.

Great decision to go man coverage vs. a mobile QB like Wilson that can run the read-option.

/sarcasm

Haslett's firing has been LONG overdue.

so that means he will probably get a 13 year extension and a promotion. just a few more years and he will FINALLY have the players to run his scheme.. he needs at least six more years to get out from evil shannys influence and meddling.

All I ever hear is how it's tough running zone read and bootlegs against a 3-4......unless it's the Redskins 3-4 defense......Orakpo is a joke...I would still take Rob Jackson over him any day of the week.....Orakpo has no football instincts whatsoever.

Once again we get beat on a seam route in the red zone.

Once again we have Perry Riley in coverage.

Same crap beats us every week......this coaching staff as a whole is flat out not good enough.

Archived