Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

kind of sad,,,,Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer  1m

Moss is wearing a visor, a T-shirt and shorts and strolling along the 5-yard line. Most players in shirts and shorts, but also warming up.

#Redskins WRs Andre Roberts and DeSean Jackson running some routes during pregame warmups #WASvsHOU #HTTR https://vine.co/v/OzzAQLE9aBm 

Play
proxy.jpg?t=HBh_aHR0cHM6Ly92LmNkbi52aW5l

is it just me, or is the whole Redskins Gametime set up different this season than last season? last season for the Redskins Gametime (Redskins pre-game show), the show would have the "week around the park" segment, and also a "know your opponent" segment. now its just 3 guys sitting around discussing the game...

Kurt Warner just did nice snippet on NFLN.

Highlited 3 plays where Grif had wide open reads and checked it down.

Somewhat critical, but fair and accurate piece. The great news is I think he's gonna have some isolated coverages and OPEN receivers.

COME ON KID- SHOW EVERYONE THE DIAMOND. IT STARTS NOW

So much depends on RG.. Really hope he gets into a rhythm, gets some confidence and proves to this fan base, his team mates and himself that he belongs.  We have had so many highs and lows since he was drafted  - Hoping for everyones sake he is ready.  

His team mates need to step up for him today.. That O-line has to play great.. Receivers, make those tough catches and don't drop a thing.  ST - show us you aren't last years under achievers.  D, show us what we know you are capable of.

Go Skins!

Surprised to see Santana Moss inactive.  Especially with the talk of how the Redskins plan to utilize more quick hit type of passes to counteract the Texan's pass rush.  Moss has been excellent through the years in the slot with bubble screens, slants and other quick passes within a few yards of the line of scrimmage.  

If Moss isn't active in a game like this where his skill set would seemingly be an advantage against an aggressive front 7 then it's hard to imagine him playing much at all this season barring an injury...

Must say I'm a little surprised by Moss being inactive - not really in the sense of whether or not it makes sense, just seems strange after all the years knowing he's healthy but won't see any snaps. But it definitely makes sense when you look at the list - not too many other guys on the roster that don't at least contribute from scrimmage and special teams so Moss is a pretty obvious choice. Still seems weird though. 

Surprised to see Santana Moss inactive.  Especially with the talk of how the Redskins plan to utilize more quick hit type of passes to counteract the Texan's pass rush.  Moss has been excellent through the years in the slot with bubble screens, slants and other quick passes within a few yards of the line of scrimmage.  

If Moss isn't active in a game like this where his skill set would seemingly be an advantage against an aggressive front 7 then it's hard to imagine him playing much at all this season barring an injury...

yep. the Santana era is ending quickly it looks like...

Well I guess the firs thing we've now discovered is Santana's roll on the 2014 team. Experienced cover for the main three. I figured that's why they kept him but I'm surprised (but happy if Grant and Aldrick are the future) a fully healthy Moss is sat down. 

Don't buy 10's comments that the offense has been 'fixed' on the practice field the last 10 days, but we shall see. 

MASSIVE defensive effort is needed today I feel to keep us in this one. 

Hoping for a good start. Expecting the opposite. 

But surprisingly 'medium', to quote a former Coach; as I honestly don't  have a real take on what will happen with this new regime. 

Hail. 

Maybe because have other receivers now that are faster and shiftier than him? lol

Come on you Skins, all the way from sunny old Bolton, Lancashire, England.

It's a rare day you can put the words 'sunny' and Bolton in the same sentence :-)

I'm normally watching in Chorley but am sat in San Diego right now. It's sunny here as well by the way, but that's not news ...

Archived