Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NFL Comprehensive Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

He didn't get such low picks because he's played well. Trent Richardson got a 1st for being a top 10 pick, despite pretty awful play. Tampa, in accepting that trade, feel like they can get a better player in the 4th, and they know him better than st louis. If a top 10 pick, 2 years removed, is only worth a 4th and next year's 6th then that's a sign. Had he been a 2nd or 3rd rounder how much do you think his actual play would have earned him in trade value?

This is another warning against Alabama defenders in the draft being over-drafted. Makes me uneasy about a guy like collins.

Not that Kiper is on the money that often but he usually has a good feel for strengths of drafts position wise

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/51290/football-insider-mel-kiper

Joe (NYC )

Last year's draft seemed to be WR heavy. What position is strongest in next year's draft?

Mel Kiper

(1:13 PM)

OT has a chance to be decent at the top. DE/OLB are very strong. That's probably the strength, the DEs and OLBs.

Mel Kiper

(1:13 PM)

On the Big Board, I have 9 that are DE or OLB.

Hottest prospect right now? Who has everyone buzzing?

Mel Kiper

(5:09 PM)

I would say Shane Rey, DE, Missouri; Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia; Kevin White, WR, WVU; Danny Shelton, DT, Washington.

We have to HAVE to get our O-line right.

A DE or CB doesn't make or break an entire defense.

An O-line makes the entire offense run.

I do agree with this, but I'm not sure where you would upgrade without totally giving up on your 2014 picks. If Long and Moses are your future at RG and RT where do you plug a draft pick? I'm not saying both can't be upgraded, but you didn't spend those picks in 2014 to have guys be depth. You drafted them to start. Hopefully by year's end that's figured out.

We have to HAVE to get our O-line right.

A DE or CB doesn't make or break an entire defense.

An O-line makes the entire offense run.

You can do a lot to improve the O line without having to use a 1st for it.  I just hope we don't reach on guys just to say we upgraded our line.  Some act as if our line is the worst in the league, but by most metrics it's pretty average.  Obviously there are key spots to upgrade on it, mostly the guards, but it's not so desperate as to absolutely need every early pick we have to address it.  I think we'll be a much better team if we just pick the best players available.

You can do a lot to improve the O line without having to use a 1st for it.  I just hope we don't reach on guys just to say we upgraded our line.  Some act as if our line is the worst in the league, but by most metrics it's pretty average.  Obviously there are key spots to upgrade on it, mostly the guards, but it's not so desperate as to absolutely need every early pick we have to address it.  I think we'll be a much better team if we just pick the best players available.

Agreed. And I think the last sentence is true for any team.

It certainly be nice if the BPA at our pick was a surefire day one mauler of an offensive lineman. But if that's not the hand we're dealt, then forcing the pick with a reach won't make it happen either.

This, from NFLMocks ... Skins pick justification at #9 SS Landon Collins: "Monday night proved Washington might have something cooking at Corner. Now they need to bring it all together with a playmaking safety and Landon Collins is as good as you're going to get in the 2015 class."

Agree here. Think our top 3 picks should be dedicated to one safety spot, one DL spot and one OL spot. 

#1 need for the Redskins, since we KNOW we don't have one, is a dominant safety.  While our OL needs help, we do have guys who could still turn out and there have been many dominant OLs made up of low round picks, trash and busts.  Our offense has shown that it can win games now but our defense has never shown that it can win games.

Our offense has shown that it can win games now but our defense has never shown that it can win games.

Funny,... I would argue that our D did just that only a few nights ago.

Regardless, I love the idea of landing a blue-chip safety with our first pick. We're about as thin as thin can be at that position. With the O-line, Moses & Long were only just added and deserve a year to get acclimated. D-line needs help too. It's pretty clear now that the pass-rush is in need of an adrenaline shot.

Funny,... I would argue that our D did just that only a few nights ago.

Regardless, I love the idea of landing a blue-chip safety with our first pick. We're about as thin as thin can be at that position. With the O-line, Moses & Long were only just added and deserve a year to get acclimated. D-line needs help too. It's pretty clear now that the pass-rush is in need of an adrenaline shot.

They absolutely won us that game. Scoring 17 points in regulation against one of the top offenses in the league typically doesn't win you the game.

That said, I need to see more of Collins before I, personally, rank him as a blue chip safety. We have to realize most safeties aren't playmakers on defense, even ones drafted in the first. I liked pryor last year but neither he nor hasean have really been impact players thus far. Not to say they've been bad, but you don't get big seasons from rookie safeties. Breeland has probably had a greater impact than those two.

Shawn Oakman please. :)

98oakman98!? I don't like him as a de for us in a base package, but oddly enough wouldn't mind him at olb. He just has too much height, I think he'll get exposed in all-star games when people get under his pads consistently. Don't get me wrong, for his height he plays with surprisingly solid pad level, but when someone gets under him it becomes a trainwreck, and I don't think he'll have ways to improve that short of putting on 30-40 pounds (which his body could likely hold). His length is impressive though, he can make it tough for tackles to get hands on him while he's pass rushing. His best fit is likely as a strongside de in a 43.

Also coming around on Ray...but i don't like the idea of drafting OLB when we're developing Murphy. Same goes for OL as many point out. Williams might be out of reach now, so my leads are basically ILB, S, or CB. now...despite having a good, young tandem....it is in no way a waste imho to pick a guy like Olomu for slot CB & depth. I am still leaning toward Shaq the most...or McKinney...but the word on his instincts kinda worries me.

Also coming around on Ray...but i don't like the idea of drafting OLB when we're developing Murphy. Same goes for OL as many point out. Williams mi go t be out of reach now, so my leads are basically ILB, S, or CB. now...despite having a good, young tandem....it is in no way a waste imho to pick a guy like Olomu for slot CB & depth. I am still leaning toward Shaq the most...or McKinney...but the word on his instincts kinda worries me.

Yeah, I thought I'd just see a one year wonder kid but he looks legit. I actually think he's better all around than randy gregory. An nt like Shelton would be a solid grab too.

Forgot to mention AJ Cann. While i think it's a waste to take an OT early given our draft history/occupied roles (see: TW), i think our OG position is still a band of misfits. Lauvao has shown up in spurts, & Long hasn't developed enough to overtake the calamity known as Chester. If there is a position on the OL i could see us taking early, it would be C or OG...& especially a stud like Cann or Grasu.

Forgot to mention AJ Cann. While i think it's a waste to take an OT early given our draft history/occupied roles (see: TW), i think our OG position is still a band of misfits. Lauvao has shown up in spurts, & Long hasn't developed enough to overtake the calamity known as Chester. If there is a position on the OL i could see us taking early, it would be C or OG...& especially a stud like Cann or Grasu.

Not sure I understand your thinking about not drafting another OT. Of course LT is locked up, but landing a flat out stud for the RT position should absolutely be in play if we don't address it in FA.

omg finally someone pointed out how bad lauvao. a waste of cash but also hes just not good. we need to address the oline. sorry but this is a must and draft a center too. start the draft pick at guard then move him at center. great eye nemo.

Not sure I understand your thinking about not drafting another OT. Of course LT is locked up, but landing a flat out stud for the RT position should absolutely be in play if we don't address it in FA.

I go by value & philosophy. Money, assets, draft picks...these all carry value. You no longer have the luxury in today's NFL to not gain a return on an early investment...it destroys your entire process. I feel that Moses is an investment pick, & given what we've already seen regarding player development with this group of coaches i consider his investment more valuable than Long's. Add to that, the number of players holding valuable returns, & OT is probably #3 or #4 asfar as 1st Rd value for our particular needs. Then...consider that this draft is just as, if not more loaded than last year's at OT.

We need to replace both OG's, & apparently, Long is not developing into a good return on your investment...while conversely, i feel that we can afford more time on Moses because as bad as Polumbus has been, Compton played admirably last week vs the 'Pukes. The same cannot be said of our OG's.

Sooo...i say that OG is a ) a higher position of need, b ) a higher value selection with potential return for investment, & c ) less available at high value at later times in this draft. The big thing for me being that i just don't get the sense that Long is going to be ready this year, or next. Now...that could change, & with that...my position. Again, value is my mantra...a combination of BPA & need vs availability.

AJ Cann seems day 1 ready at either OG spot & fits what Gruden wants to do better than anyone currently on the roster. If we don't draft Collins, Shaq, Ray, or Williams...Cann is my next favorite pick.

Archived