Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NFL Comprehensive Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Sheldon Day at ND is the best Dlinemsn I've seen at that university in many, many years. I think he was better as a Frosh than Nix and Tuitt. Both those guys had 2-3 round grades.

I'm gonna be interested where he grades out. Man, if he's our 2nd round pick, we'll be ok. Guy was a force last night against defending national champs

Not sure if he's made any declarations or hints, but he's NFL ready

i really like Shaq Thompson, & i think Collins is a reach above 12 imo...is all that i'm saying about that.  after watching another USC game today in full....i don't know how Williams isn't the consensus #1 pick unless the team at #1 is in need of a QB.  Williams just about dominated the LOS by himself.  purely unblockable.  i don't know if we can expect him to carry that sort of production necessarily in the NFL, but as far as right now.......i don't know how you can say that he doesn't "jump off the screen."  he's just about at Suh status at this point with how he just looks like he's a man playing against chi'ren right now.

Williams is for sure my most wanted player in this draft.  that said...i would be totally ok if we traded back a few spots & could still land Collins or Thompson & add another pick. 

don't get me wrong...there are a few OL guys i would take a hard look at, & i've said before that Ekpre-Olomu is an intriguing prospect for us. i guess what i'm saying is that while there are a lot of options at varying positions of need...Williams keeps proving to me that he should hands down be the #1 player on our board........that is, if i had anything to say about it.  which i don't...sooooo...yeah.

I'm in agreement with this. Williams is separating himself from the pack. He has the athleticism you'd want from a top three-ish pick and he has the motor and the production. There aren't a lot of holes to poke in his resume and he pops off the TV screen. I'd still hestitate to say he's equivalent to Suh because Suh came out as a senior, and that year might have been the best individual season a college DL has ever had. He should have won the Heisman. Williams isn't going to produce like Suh did, I don't think he's the pass rusher that Suh is/was.

But there is still a ton of room to be a great prospect even if you're a lesser prospect than Suh.

I think he'd be a good scheme fit here, and I love the positional value he could bring as a disruptive, scheme diverse, every down interior DL. Right now he would be my choice at #1 if I didn't need a QB, although it's still early and there is still a lot of discovery left in the class. Only problem is he's a junior, and even if he comes out early, we probably won't pick high enough to draft him. If I were Jacksonville, I'd take him.

Agreed about trading back. It does make sense for us, and would seemingly put us in a much more natural range to draft Landon Collins.

Also, agreed that Ekpre-Olomu is intriguing. He looks like a high level talent, kinds of reminds me a little of Joe Haden. He's not very big and I'm not sure he'll time that fast, but he has pretty good strength and he plays bigger and faster than he seems. Good at diagnosing plays and doesn't waste his steps and he is very quick and explosive when he breaks on the ball.

His ball skills are pretty tremendous. That interception against Michigan St. was the most memorable play of the year so far.

I think he can probably make a living in the NFL playing on the outside. But I think that, like Joe Haden, his read and react ability, ball skills, and closing speed stand out as his best strengths and make him interesting in the slot too. I think you can play him in a variety of roles. That works for us anyway, because I think Breeland and Amerson are quality young corners with the size and physicality to hold up well on the outside. If we were to draft Ekpre-Olomu, I would be very excited about the future of a secondary with those three players.

A class where we could trade down a bit into Landon Collins's range, and then trade back up into the first again to get into Ekre-Olomu's range could transform the secondary as a unit. The amount of young talent we'd have acquired in that scenario would be akin to what Seattle did in the drafts where they acquired the Legion of Boom.

A class where we could trade down a bit into Landon Collins's range, and then trade back up into the first again to get into Ekre-Olomu's range could transform the secondary as a unit. The amount of young talent we'd have acquired in that scenario would be akin to what Seattle did in the drafts where they acquired the Legion of Boom.

I'm sorry... If the 1st round is not spent on Oline, I'll go bonkers.

That would really hurt our chances of improving our o line, though we'll see how that looks with the young guys in.

Speaking of suh, he could become a free agent. Detroit probably won't let him go, but hypothetically if they do, do you try to sign him? He'll become the highest paid dt and it smacks of haynesworth, but I don't think he has the laziness problem fat al did. I'm up in the air on that scenario, high priced signings seem to normally blow up in your face, but he's an incredible talent who could be such a force on our defense. Only reason I'd shy away is because we're going to need to pay our own guys soon.

I'm off the Landon Collins bandwagon. I think we can get a better FS prospect in Karl Joseph, Kurtis Drummond, Deron Smith and possibly Anthony Harris. All seem to be guys with range decent speed and good playmaker instincts.

That would really hurt our chances of improving our o line, though we'll see how that looks with the young guys in.

Speaking of suh, he could become a free agent. Detroit probably won't let him go, but hypothetically if they do, do you try to sign him? He'll become the highest paid dt and it smacks of haynesworth, but I don't think he has the laziness problem fat al did. I'm up in the air on that scenario, high priced signings seem to normally blow up in your face, but he's an incredible talent who could be such a force on our defense. Only reason I'd shy away is because we're going to need to pay our own guys soon.

No. I do not want overpriced FAs, especially ones who have a history with attitude problems and cheap shots.

I'm off the Landon Collins bandwagon. I think we can get a better FS prospect in Karl Joseph, Kurtis Drummond, Deron Smith and possibly Anthony Harris. All seem to be guys with range decent speed and good playmaker instincts.

No. I do not want overpriced FAs, especially ones who have a history with attitude problems and cheap shots.

Except for one thing:

Outside of Taylor, this team can't draft safeties.

Guys we could have drafted the last few years are playing and starting. Where are our 2 drafted safeties? One is not on a roster and the other hasn't played a regular season snap in 2 years.

failsauce.

No matter who is available, this FO will **** the pick(s) up.

I think all signals point to us drafting NT/DT (depending on if we keep the 3-4) in the first round next year.

- we have 2 young OTs that we still need to grade for RT

- we have 2 young OGs that we still need to grade for LG/RG (we should probably do this later in the draft though)

- we have a good C (we should get a C later in the draft)

- we have enough WRs

- we have enough TEs

- we may need a RB but not that high, and probably not in the draft.

On defense

- we have at least one developing OLB (this is a possibility) (and maybe Jeffcoat)

- we have 2 developing ILBs

- we have 2 developing CBs

- we have a number of developing SS (I hope we don't draft a SS)

- we have Kearse and Jenkins at DE (?Baker?), so this is a possibility but we have youth here

- at NT/DT all we have is Hatcher and Coefield who are both 30+.

So that leaves the positions of importance in the draft as OG, C, OLB, DE, DT, FS

Of those positions I'd like to see us spend the most resources at NT. Hopefully we don't wind up in the situation we're in at Safety where we thought Rambo and Thomas would develop this year and so we avoided the position in the draft. Our coaches know more about the players than we do so maybe they'll grade the positions based on more than just the number of young players we have on the roster.

But I wouldn't be mad if drafted a Nose, I'm looking at either Leonard WIlliams or Danny Shelton.

Except for one thing:

Outside of Taylor, this team can't draft safeties.

Guys we could have drafted the last few years are playing and starting. Where are our 2 drafted safeties? One is not on a roster and the other hasn't played a regular season snap in 2 years.

failsauce.

No matter who is available, this FO will **** the pick(s) up.

True, but we couldn't draft WRs and seem to have found somebody (unless he's another Taylor Jacobs) in Grant.

Plus, the problem with Thomas has been injuries made him slip on the depth chart. And I see potential in T.Robinson, so maybe we can't draft them, but our scouts do seem to know what to look for in a S.

I could be wrong but I don't recall him ever being a problem for his coaches. He has a nastiness to his game, which is what you want in your lineman. But yeah, I don't want us to pay that much either.

I could be wrong but I don't recall him ever being a problem for his coaches. He has a nastiness to his game, which is what you want in your lineman. But yeah, I don't want us to pay that much either.

But we are the same team that complains about Meri taking cheap / head shots and getting suspended. Suh is a guy who's known around the league for doing this. He's on his way to suspensions and then we'll be talked about for wasting money and how he's not available, etc.

Rather develop Baker and draft Williams or Sheldon.

I'm sorry... If the 1st round is not spent on Oline, I'll go bonkers.

As long as it's one of our first two then I'm good. You'll find good right tackle and guard prospects at the top of the 2nd, so if a superior talent is there in the 1st, I say go for it.

Also, one of my biggest fears in the coaching change seems to be happening. Morris is on pace for just 1000 yards at almost 1 ypc less than last year. I want to see how he looks with rg3 in but does rb become a need if he doesn't fit our system? We're probably ok because helu looks pretty good in his limited touches, but I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a more even committee in touches by the end of the year, and us moving on from Morris when his contract expires or us trying to move him this offseason.

To save digging through the previous thread, was ES high on Trent Murphy before we drafted him? Just wondering what the prognosis was on him then and how people feel now

I honestly don't remember.  I barely even glanced at the position.  We had just tagged Orakpo and picked up the 5th year option on Kerrigan.  We had a young prospect people thought had potential in Brandon Jenkins (we didn't know he had work ethic issues).  So we appeared young overall and had developing talent for depth.

To save digging through the previous thread, was ES high on Trent Murphy before we drafted him? Just wondering what the prognosis was on him then and how people feel now

I don't remember much of a debate about him prior to the draft but I also wasn't that active in last year's thread.

My sense is that nobody really thought about him that much because:

1.) we weren't thinking OLB

2.) we had other players as BPA at our pick in the second.

Personally, I probably wouldn't have taken him. I liked some other names at both 34 and 47. Two of the guys I really liked at 34 ended up getting picked a lot higher than I anticipated: Aaron Donald and Kelvin Benjamin. Particularly Donald, who got taken about an entire round before I thought he would. Su'a-Filo surprised me by getting picked before our turn too, he was someone I would have been interested in. Some of the names I probably would have gone with over Murphy were JaMarcus Joyner, Timmy Jernigan, Marqise Lee, Will Sutton, Gabe Jackson, and Cyrus Kuandjio. Jackson and Sutton were available at the spot we picked Spencer Long. I certainly would have chosen one of them over Long.

I was OK with the Murphy pick though. I wasn't crazy about going OLB but I do think it was a BPA type pick, and I loved how productive he was last season. The Spencer Long pick... eh, it's hard for me to get behind that pick over taking Jackson or Sutton.

Don't think he was really talked about.  Not only did we not see our first pick going to OLB, we didn't see Murphy as an OLB.  I wonder if the plan afterall was to move Kerrigan over to ROLB and have Murphy at LOLB.  He's not particularly explosive nor is he agile for covering tight ends or runningbacks.  He's not going to be as strong or as fast as either Orakpo or Kerrigan, I don't see him surviving against LT's at all.

On defense

- we have at least one developing OLB (this is a possibility) (and maybe Jeffcoat)

- we have 2 developing ILBs

- we have 2 developing CBs

- we have a number of developing SS (I hope we don't draft a SS)

- we have Kearse and Jenkins at DE (?Baker?), so this is a possibility but we have youth here

- at NT/DT all we have is Hatcher and Coefield who are both 30+.

But then what about our depth?  Generally you want developing youth to be your depth.  Instead we have them as our starters.  If someone gets hurt or someone doesn't pan out, we have no developing youth to turn to.

Compton, Robinson, Amerson, and Breeland are starting.  Jarvis Jenkins is in his 4th year, and a Free Agent in the offseason.  I don't think we have a single d-lineman on our roster younger than 26.  We don't really have a lot of developing youth there.

Our defense is old.

Our defense is old. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we didn't have any offensive picks but I also know that's damn near impossible. Watch our first 3 picks be offensive weapons ...

But I'm on board with anything defense. I think by the end of the season we will have a much better idea of what we have on the OL. We already see Gruden bringing in Moses and Compton to spell Compton. My guess is that will only increase. I think Moses and Long are the future at RG and RT ... while I wouldn't complain about an OT in the first, I'm with all of you on trading back and drafting a FS or CB or grabbing some DL. A lot of it depends on the defense we run and the players we target in FA ...

The way I see it ... CB is primed for a prized young CB. We have two young bucks who are developing. But the DL is old and I could see us investing some picks there to spell the vets and be the future of the DL. If we stick with the 3-4 we need a NT and if we shift to the 4-3 I would expect us to get a DE and DT.

So I guess, in summary, I'd prefer to sign top flight FA CB and get some OLB depth via FA as well. Draft FS, NT, CB with three of your first picks. Throw in a mid-round Center or Tackle for depth, but otherwise don't touch the offense.

I think we will get a bigger improvement on D wih a new DC next year than we the improvement we would get drafting a S or CB high.

If we do go D early, IMO it needs to be DL. We have to get younger and athletic there. That's they way you stop a modern passing attack in the NFL, you surely can't stop them once the ball is in the air.

Having said that, I'm thinking we pick between 5-10 and in that scenario I would take the best DE or LT available. If we'd have to reach for them I would trade back and try to grab one of the other later.

It'd be great if at least one of the G we drafted recently could turn into something this season after the bye and we could take a deep breath.

cross posting from the twitter thread....

#Redskins alert RT @MoveTheSticks: Studying Missouri DE Shane Ray. Explosive get-off and can bend the edge. Fun to watch.

Multiple NFL scouts told SI.com's The Inside Read that Ray has gone from being regarded as a second-day draft prospect (second or third round) to possibly being a top-10 pick in the first round. That would make him one of the fastest-rising prospects in the college game, if not the fastest riser of all.

Archived