Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be a surprise cut on Sunday? Or will there not be any surprises?

As near as I can tell, these are the big 'battles'

Gabe Miller vs E. Brown

A. Davis vs T. Robinson (are we right to write off Cromartie-Smith? Probably)

Sharpton vs A. Jordan (or neither)

Nield vs Geathers

Hocker vs Forbath

Porter vs Crawford vs Minnifield (personally, I'm leaning toward Crawford... Biggers is in that mix as well, but Gruden's mention of him makes me think he's unlikely to be cut)

The runningbacks

Am I missing any?

Interesting to see how many they carry at each position, because I could see both OLBs making it, or both safeties, etc.

I think these are the players that will be in the next round of cuts: Lee Doss, Tevita Stevens, Maurice Hurt, Kevin Kowalski, Ted Bolser, Nick Williams, Chris Thompson, Evan Royster, Lache Seastrunk, Robert Thomas, Chris Neild, Frank Kearse, Everette Brown, Gabe Miller, Chase Minnifield, Trenton Robinson, Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, Zach Hocker, Tress Way

Cutting gabe miller and Everette brown would leave us with 3 OLB. One of them is staying.

I also definitely think Neild makes the team. He is a true nose tackle and I think a lot of people just dismiss him but he is a solid player and a high character/worker type. We definitely have a lot of talent up front so maybe it gets him cut but I don't see it.

Based on his recruitment level, performance in college, combine measurables and preseason performance, I believe that Silas Redd is overall more physically talented than Alfred Morris and a better fit for this system as a primary RB.  There, I said it.

Still love AlMo, though.  I just don't think he's gone do that well this year.

Based on his recruitment level, performance in college, combine measurables and preseason performance, I believe that Silas Redd is overall more physically talented than Alfred Morris and a better fit for this system as a primary RB.  There, I said it.

Blasphemy!  Almo, can play in any system.

HTTR!

LeftField_-_LeftField2012.jpg

22 Carries for 85 yards with a fumble.  Looked very awkward trying to run patterns out of the backfield.  Did not impress as a blocker.  No veteran on this team had a less impressive preseason than Alfred, with the possible exception of Chris Chester.  I can see it and I know the coaches can see it, too.

I would be inclined to listen to trade offers.

22 Carries for 85 yards with a fumble.  Looked very awkward trying to run patterns out of the backfield.  Did not impress as a blocker.  No veteran on this team had a less impressive preseason than Alfred, with the possible exception of Chris Chester.  I can see it and I know the coaches can see it, too.

I would be inclined to listen to trade offers.

So how Alfred plays in real games doesn't factor in? 3,000 yards in two seasons, no injuries, runs through tacklers, team first attitude?

You must be smoking something if you think you can use preseason stats to justify a proven elite running back.

Based on his recruitment level, performance in college, combine measurables and preseason performance, I believe that Silas Redd is overall more physically talented than Alfred Morris and a better fit for this system as a primary RB. There, I said it.

Still love AlMo, though. I just don't think he's gone do that well this year.

Silas? Is that you?

Thompson - because Gruden reportedly has a man-crush on him

Redd - because he flashed in preseason

McCoy - because the org apparently thinks it can and should trade Cousins

@ TryTheBeal!

Morris vs. top shelf NFL defense

Redd vs. future employees of the month at Enterprise Rental Car, COSTCO, and Capital One

Archived